Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beard and other Razorbacks at the Laryback game today.

Started by kevinagee, November 13, 2015, 04:56:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kevinagee

Kids loved him.Long lines of autographs he joyfully signed for all as well as other B Ball players watching the ladies game.

WorfHog

Glad to see the guys supporting the girls. Hopefully Beard can get his legal stuff settled. He could use him on the court.

Ray Piggers

I'm basically Darkwing Duck

BadHog

I really hope he finds his way back into a Hog uniform really soon.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

nwahogfan1

Quote from: WorfHog on November 13, 2015, 08:18:13 pm
Glad to see the guys supporting the girls. Hopefully Beard can get his legal stuff settled. He could use him on the court.
Also I hope he wasn't skipping classes to watch the ladies.

Corkscrew Johnson

Can someone please restate when beard might play again for us?  I tried to scroll thru a few threads but cant really find a straight answer amongst the rabble.  Thanks!

BadHog

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on November 14, 2015, 07:15:26 am
Can someone please restate when beard might play again for us?  I tried to scroll thru a few threads but cant really find a straight answer amongst the rabble.  Thanks!

This situation is a mess. Give how the legal system works, I don't see how it could be this year. :(
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

jjdlc

Short of being found guilty of a felony, and going to prison, he will likely return.  I've talked to a DA, and he said the chances are really good they will get a plea deal.  Who knows when it will happen though.

I believe if the coaches felt any differently the would have already been removed from the team to open up the scholarships.

poloprince

Beard will probably rejoin the team next season after a redshirt this season.
$PoLoPrInCe$

King Kong

Quote from: poloprince on November 14, 2015, 10:56:23 am
Beard will probably rejoin the team next season after a redshirt this season.

That could end up being a blessing in disguise once he becomes a RS/SR

Corkscrew Johnson

Thanks guys.

The number #1 thing that has held us back over the past 5 years, especially on the road, was the lack of a true upperclassman at PG.  An experienced leader to control our offense.  You could see the results when madden stepped into that role, but he wasn't a natural PG and therefore performed inconsistenly as he drifted back and forth between the 1 and 3.   I was really looking forward to Beard being that leader for us over the next 3 years.  Hopefully he gets that second chance.

WorfHog

Quote from: King Kong on November 14, 2015, 10:59:02 am
That could end up being a blessing in disguise once he becomes a RS/SR

We need him more this year then we will next year.

King Kong

Quote from: WorfHog on November 14, 2015, 11:56:55 am

Will he be a RS/SR next year? No he won't. And he won't RS next year.

Would we be better with him this year? Yeah probably. Is that enough to get us to the tournament? Could be wrong, but I don't think so.

So it would be better to have an experienced Guard like him starting after Barford and Macon have departed after their 2 years here. Potentially, pairing him as a senior with a Senior Jimmy Whitt.

Hence why I used the term blessing in disguise.

Now if he can get a plea deal in December. I'm sure he plays. But that's all speculation

nwahogfan1

Quote from: WorfHog on November 14, 2015, 11:56:55 am
'

I agree.   Every team needs a true leader at the PG spot  who can make positive plays at crunch time.  I love Durham.  Seems like a great kid and wants to be the man but I am not so sure.  I think he is going to have some games where he is going to have some TOs that will kill us.   

hogwood

Isn't the sentencing in early December? Or maybe just the start of the trial? It is pretty confusing. Seems like he could potentially rejoin the team in January sometime. I wouldn't mind red shirting him if it takes longer. He would then essentially join the 2015 class which could balance us out more. Then again, if he was able to join this year at any point I doubt he would personally opt for a red shirt year. He could definitely help this year and get maybe 10 PPG.

hogwood

Quote from: King Kong on November 14, 2015, 12:07:04 pm
Potentially, pairing him as a senior with a Senior Jimmy Whitt.

That would be awesome but I don't think that Whitt will make it to his SR year before he becomes projected as a mid-late first rounder. He will be gone after a compelling JR year and get drafted IMO.

King Kong

Quote from: hogwood on November 14, 2015, 12:16:18 pm
That would be awesome but I don't think that Whitt will make it to his SR year before he becomes projected as a mid-late first rounder. He will be gone after a compelling JR year and get drafted IMO.

Right now the NBA far from a guarantee. But he keeps improving he may have that opportunity.

Him getting drafted would be great for him and the University of Arkansas.

King Kong

November 14, 2015, 12:34:46 pm #17 Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 01:50:24 pm by King Kong
Quote from: hogwood on November 14, 2015, 12:12:19 pm
Isn't the sentencing in early December? Or maybe just the start of the trial? It is pretty confusing. Seems like he could potentially rejoin the team in January sometime. I wouldn't mind red shirting him if it takes longer. He would then essentially join the 2015 class which could balance us out more. Then again, if he was able to join this year at any point I doubt he would personally opt for a red shirt year. He could definitely help this year and get maybe 10 PPG.

I have read nothing stating that the December 10th date is for a potential trial or Sentencing.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015/oct/27/december-court-dates-players-charged-forgery/

I far as I know it could be just another status hearing.

rude1

Quote from: King Kong on November 14, 2015, 12:27:24 pm
Right now the NBA far from a guarantee. But he keeps improving he may have that opportunity.

Him getting drafted would be great for him and the University of Arkansas.
Agreed. While Whitt has some skills, right now his game is miles away from what a NBA guard must do.

hogwood

Quote from: rude1 on November 14, 2015, 12:38:44 pm
Agreed. While Whitt has some skills, right now his game is miles away from what a NBA guard must do.

I agree as well but the same could have been said for Qualls. Whitt is already better and has more skills than Qualls out of HS. IMO there is a higher chance he goes to the NBA than makes it to his SR year.

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

hawgmasta

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 15, 2015, 10:20:01 pm
Love me some Laryback. 😂😅😂😅

Yeah it sure is nice: I've only been to 10-12 laryback functions though.

Foshodo

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on November 14, 2015, 12:08:48 pm
'

I agree.   Every team needs a true leader at the PG spot  who can make positive plays at crunch time.  I love Durham.  Seems like a great kid and wants to be the man but I am not so sure.  I think he is going to have some games where he is going to have some TOs that will kill us.   

because everyone needs a true leader that was arrested for multiple felony forgery charges...