Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Your rating of the SEC teams as of right now

Started by 12247, October 01, 2017, 11:46:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

3dawghawg

Ala then Ga and then put the rest of them in a hat and draw

Hoggish1

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on October 01, 2017, 04:54:47 pm
Some of you obviously don't watch sec football lol.  Most of you have florida above us, which is laughable. Last year we were 3 touchdowns better than them and we still are. It is painful to watch them play offense.

Yep and look for FU to unload the Swamp Donkey after FSU slaps them around for the sixth year in a row.. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: 3dawghawg on October 01, 2017, 06:31:50 pm
Ala then Ga and then put the rest of them in a hat and draw

AU doesn't belong in that hat.  Not even close.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

3dawghawg

Should have listed Auburn as third then the rest

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on October 01, 2017, 06:27:45 pm
They are not watching other SEC teams. Arkansas hasn't won their last 4 games against Power 5 schools.
Next weekend is all that matters right now.

ChicoHog

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on October 01, 2017, 06:12:59 pm
1.  Alabama (injuries to key defensive players are piling up though)
2.  Georgia (haven't played anyone yet; Notre Dame is mediocre)
3.  Auburn (has played 1 good team, and Auburn gave up 11 sacks to that 1 good team)

Huge gap

The rest of the SEC is mediocrity.
I agree with your take except ND is pretty good this year.  I think they win at least 9 games, maybe 10.  UGA defense is really good.  Hope they whip Auburn and it should be a good SEC championship game this year with Bama vs UGA. 

Hoggish1

Quote from: bphi11ips on October 01, 2017, 06:25:17 pm
It''s Alabama and Georgia. Smart is making a difference at Georgia sooner than expected. Saban's system at Georgia is scary, especially post-FBI/IRS cleanup. It will take five years to flush the paid recruits ftom the system. Cheating will morph into something different eventually, but things are about to get better for teams that haven't relied on bagmen for years. Georgia is closer to more talent than anyone.

The rest will jockey for bowl position. Auburn is the best of the rest. Florida is an eastern version of LSU with a better defense and more speed at WR. A&M hasn't been beaten up yet. Arkansas may be the best after Auburn. The truth is that anyone in the bottom 11 can beat anyone else in the bottom 11, and homefield is most likely to be the difference in the majority of games.

The SEC is still without a doubt the best collection of talent from top to bottom in the country.

Very nice post.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: 12247 on October 01, 2017, 11:46:23 am
Here is mine:  BAMA--------------Georgia--Auburn---------A&M--Florida--MSU--S. Carolina--LSU--Vandy--Kentucky--Arkansas--Tennessee--Ole Miss--Mo.

1. Bama
2. Georgia
3. Aubie (that hurt to do that)
4. MSU
5. Florida
6. Vanderbilt  (yes I said it. Beat a 3-1 KSU who blew up Baylor. Lost big to Bama, but who hasn't?)
7. TAMU
8. Kentuck  4-1  only loss was to Fla by 1, beat SOCAr by 10
9. SoCar.
10. Arkansas ( have not proved they can win a big game YET. doesn't mean they can't or won't)
11. Tenner
12. Ole Miss  (Coach got handed a dumpster fire much like JLS)
13. Mo
14. LSU  (doing less with more)

Based on what they've done to this point. Not based on potential. Potential means scheisse. Results do
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Letsroll1200

KennyForAD

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 01, 2017, 06:27:05 pm
Ain't this post the truth! 

All that has to happen is we win a few SEC games and it will be proof that the SEC is not as good as the Sun Belt.

I keep asking myself how we could be so lucky with such great fans...

No!  YOU people who refuse to admit, even to yourselves, that your coach has fielded a terrible team, are the TERRIBLE FANS.  Fans are supposed to complain when things are wrong, not sit around like you nitwits pretending everything is just fine.  Its precisely because of you twits, that Arkansas is NEVER under any pressure to be competitive.

Get with the program, nitwits.  Be a REAL FAN and demand performance.

BearsBisonsBoars

1. Alabama
2. Alabama's second string
3. <Empty because no one is deserving>
4. Georgia
5-x <File not found>

regi

1. Bama (Great Defense)
2. UGA (Really Really Good Defense)
3. AU (Really Good Defense)
4 through 11, hottest QB,  lose to top 3, but can beat anybody else.
12. LSU (Dumpster fire)
13. OleMiss (Dumpster fire and a Trainwreck)
14. Mizzou (Dumpster fire with a Meth Lab)

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on October 01, 2017, 08:46:58 pm
Same& thing was said about Texas A&M
It was true then as well.  Football is a game of matchups.  Some teams have more talent than us that we match up with well.  Some teams have less talent than us that match up with us well.  How do we match up with SC?  I think we match up okay and that will give us a shot. 

The Kig

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 01, 2017, 12:11:06 pm
4. TA&M/Arkansas Tie for 4th)

??????????????? Please tell me you were drinking.  I'm not even one of the sky is falling crowd and I can't see any way the Hogs are in 4th
Poker Porker

HognotinMemphis

Bottom line is we still have fans who do not want to acknowledge how bad the team and coaching staff is. When this team finishes 2-6 or 1-7 in SEC, a bad SEC this year relative to last decade, there will be no more splitting hairs about being within 7 points of winning a game even tho Hogs lost that game.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 02, 2017, 08:09:18 am
Bottom line is we still have fans who do not want to acknowledge how bad the team and coaching staff is. When this team finishes 2-6 or 1-7 in SEC, a bad SEC this year relative to last decade, there will be no more splitting hairs about being within 7 points of winning a game even tho Hogs lost that game.
Not the point of this thread.  Everyone understands we lost to A&M.  We also see that we are in a muddled part of the SEC right now with most people ranking A&M around 4/5... which by account shouldnt put us at 12-13 considering it took them overtime to beat us at a neutral sight. 

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 02, 2017, 08:13:04 am
Not the point of this thread.  Everyone understands we lost to A&M.  We also see that we are in a muddled part of the SEC right now with most people ranking A&M around 4/5... which by account shouldnt put us at 12-13 considering it took them overtime to beat us at a neutral sight.
A&M is 8th best in SEC. Hogs are 10th best, at best, but can make a case that Arkansas is a step or two below that.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

DeltaBoy

1. Bama
2. Georgia
3. Auburn
4. TA&M
6. Florida
7. South Carolina
8. Arkansas
9. Kentucky
10. Vandy
11. Miss State 
12. Missouri
13. Ole Miss
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 02, 2017, 08:42:12 am

1. Bama
2. Georgia
3. Auburn
4. TA&M
6. Florida
7. South Carolina
8. Arkansas
9. Kentucky
10. Vandy
11. Miss State 
12. Missouri
13. Ole Miss
Ark would lose to KY and Vandy.

jkstock04

Quote from: Silver Hog on October 01, 2017, 06:25:13 pm
You people kill me that can't be honest with how bad we are. We are not above 12th in the league, not matter how much you love the hogs.
Still a lot of season to be played...but as it sits today I agree one could argue this and could very well turn out this way in the end. What's funny to me is we still have fans that think the SEC is still the most dominant conference in the present. That just shows you closed minded homerism.

The good news is South Carolina got beat by A&M, and have not looked good at all...so that must mean they are swimming in the lower trenches just like most of the rest of the SEC. We are actually slightly favored in this game this weekend, we probably have a chance to win this one. Win this game and the chances for a 6 plus win year increase greatly.

Basically...right now, we have in this order Bama-Georgia-Auburn-everyone else. If things come together maybe we can weasel our way into the upper echelon of the suckage. 4 or 5 of our SEC opponents left on the schedule don't look worth a crap at the moment.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hogsanity

The SEC is what it always is, 3 or 4 pretty good/great teams and then 6 all bunched up in the middle, and one or two bottom dwellers.  This year it is Bama, Aub, Ga and FL at the top, mainly because they all can play defense at a level above everyone else. Then A&M/SC/AR/MSU/LSU/TN/VANDY/KY all capable of looking pretty good or bad on a given Sat. All going to end up beating up on each other and coming out with 6 or 7 wins. Then OM and Mizzu are just not very good at all. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

GuvHog

They are not watching other SEC teams. Arkansas hasn't won their last 4 games against Power 5 schools.

Realistically, the Hogs should be 4-0 right now. They played well enough to beat both TCU and A&M but lost both because of silly mistakes.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 02, 2017, 08:42:12 am

1. Bama
2. Georgia
3. Auburn
4. TA&M
6. Florida
7. South Carolina
8. Arkansas
9. Kentucky
10. Vandy
11. Miss State 
12. Missouri
13. Ole Miss

LSU Should squeeze in somewhere in the bottom four.
Hogs up! Covid down!

GoPigs69

Lord - do you even watch football?

Quote from: RazorbackAlways on October 01, 2017, 01:31:15 pm

1. Bama
2. Georgia
3. Auburn
4. TA&M
5. Florida
6. Tennesse
7. LSU
8. South Carolina
9. Kentucky
10. Missouri
11. Arkansas
12. Miss State
13. Vanderbilt
14. Ole Miss

Letsroll1200

Quote from: GuvHog on October 02, 2017, 10:18:54 am
Realistically, the Hogs should be 4-0 right now. They played well enough to beat both TCU and A&M but lost both because of silly mistakes.

Sadly, Silly mistakes and losing is becoming normal under this head coach.

HotlantaHog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on October 01, 2017, 06:19:43 pm
There isn't an SEC team remaining our schedule, other than maybe Missouri, that isn't a coin flip game at best for us.  We will win some of them and lose some.  Probably 6-6.

1. BAMA

2. UGA
3. AU

Everybody else except...

14. MO
I agree with this. Alabama obviously looks like a loss and could be ugly. Mizzou very likely a win. The rest will have some ups and downs and Hogville's mood will swing erratically from week to week.

Hogwild

1. Bama
2. UGA
3. Auburn
4. Florida
5. Miss. State
6. A&M
7. South Carolina
8. Arkansas
9. LSU
10. Vandy
11. Tennessee
12. Kentucky
13. Ole Miss
14. Missouri

7-11 are interchangeable at this point, but will be sorted out soon.

ChicoHog

Quote from: regi on October 01, 2017, 09:02:11 pm
1. Bama (Great Defense)
2. UGA (Really Really Good Defense)
3. AU (Really Good Defense)
4 through 11, hottest QB,  lose to top 3, but can beat anybody else.
12. LSU (Dumpster fire)
13. OleMiss (Dumpster fire and a Trainwreck)
14. Mizzou (Dumpster fire with a Meth Lab)
I think the most accurate I have seen yet! 

hogsanity

Quote from: ChicoHog on October 02, 2017, 02:22:49 pm
I think the most accurate I have seen yet! 

And while most here will over look it, the key to the top 3 is DEFENSE.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 01, 2017, 12:22:44 pm
Bama
UGA
Aubbie
Aggie
MSU
gators/Hogs/Cocks
Vandy/Vols/UK/Troy
Bayou Dwellers

Rebel Bear Land-sharks   
Mrs. Mizzou

Hahahahaha!!!!  Now that's some funny stuff!!!  ;D

The Kig

Poker Porker

gchamblee

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 01, 2017, 12:17:24 pm
We certainly aren't tied with A&M after they beat us.

We went to overtime. That's a pretty good indicator of being equal with someone. Granted, someone has to win but overtime bruh.

gchamblee

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on October 01, 2017, 12:25:27 pm
1. Alabama
2. Georgia
3. Auburn
4. Florida
5. Texas A&M
6. Kentucky

7. Great, nebulous mass - Arkansas, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Tennessee

13. LSU
14. Missouri

I really think Vandy is better than us enough to be above the mass we are lumped in. That could play out differently, but they arent a bad team at all.

gchamblee

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 01, 2017, 01:11:22 pm
Shouldn't have been tied in regulation if they had the extra 4 points that the refs took away from them.

Every teams play through bad calls. There is no asterisk on that game.

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

GTOWNHOG

All I know is that the TWO teams with the greatest PROBABILITY (As of October 2, 2017) of meeting in the SEC Championship game are ALABAMA and GEORGIA.  The other 12 teams are "also rans".  Arkansas already has one SEC loss and will most likely have 2 or 3 more. 7-5 is most likely in Coach Bielema's FIFTH season.  :D
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

bosshog84

KennyForAD

No.  You can't win with an Oline like ours has been.  TCU whipped us at home.  They would beat us ten straight.  10-0.  TAMU beat us with EIGHTEEN true freshman playing their first ever SEC game.  That's ... really bad.  We gave up what, 6 or 8 sacks to a bunch of FRESHMEN.  Not good.

Russ22

Of course, A&M and TCU played perfect games and made absolutely no silly mistakes.
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

Swestwill66

Alabama
Auburn
Georgia
aTm
Arkansas
Florida
Miss. ST.
South Carolina
Kentucky
L.S.U
Tennessee
Vanderbilt
Ole Miss
Missouri

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 01, 2017, 06:27:05 pm
Ain't this post the truth! 

All that has to happen is we win a few SEC games and it will be proof that the SEC is not as good as the Sun Belt.

I keep asking myself how we could be so lucky with such great fans...

Yep ignorance abounds amongst fans you just have to watch to see who's right and who's wrong.   I'd think there comes a time you want to stop being wrong however that time is different for each of us.  Seems you can tell on this board that four plus years makes a difference.

Delta, you need to add LSU and TN to complete this thing.  Both appear to need new coaches.

Hogarusa

If you watch other SEC teams, no Arknsas fan should feel that we are worse than Vandy, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Kentucky, S Carolina, Mizzou, LSU, or Mississippi St
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Cinco de Hogo

October 02, 2017, 07:30:51 pm #93 Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 09:20:22 pm by Cinco de Hogo
Quote from: hogsanity on October 02, 2017, 02:34:43 pm
And while most here will over look it, the key to the top 3 is DEFENSE.

Well what an informed insight, seems since Arkansas can't field a top 3 defense we need offense to compete but you Yahoo!'s seem to overlook that fact.   What the heck have I been saying for five years anyway but you want defense defense defense, then you explain to all the ignorant that we don't have the recruiting base to compete.  What wonderful insight you have.

EastexHawg

Quote from: sickboy on October 01, 2017, 02:06:25 pm
Texas A&M is a meltdown with a freshman QB away from being 5-0.

I can't wait to see Mond try to run the ball against Bama this weekend...or pass, for that matter.  This is going to be fun.

EastexHawg

After Alabama and to a lesser extent Auburn, this is the worst SEC West in many years, maybe since we have been in the conference.  Ole Miss is dreadful.  A&M has done their usual, getting off to a good start against the easiest part of their schedule, but is going to get their own Vandy/Ole Miss humiliation at home this weekend and will end up getting Sumlin fired after Auburn and others whip them as well.  Mississippi State is atrocious...and LSU is even worse. 

thebignasty

Bama
Georgia
Auburn
Florida
Kentucky
Texas AM
Vandy
MSU
USCe
Tennessee
Arkansas
LSU
Ole Miss
Mizzou
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

ChicoHog

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 02, 2017, 08:32:50 pm
After Alabama and to a lesser extent Auburn, this is the worst SEC West in many years, maybe since we have been in the conference.  Ole Miss is dreadful.  A&M has done their usual, getting off to a good start against the easiest part of their schedule, but is going to get their own Vandy/Ole Miss humiliation at home this weekend and will end up getting Sumlin fired after Auburn and others whip them as well.  Mississippi State is atrocious...and LSU is even worse. 
I agree with you on the West but A&M finishes with Mississippi and LSU so this year they actually have a pretty good chance to win their last two conference games at least!  Hopefully save Sumlin's job as I think he is a mediocre coach. 

rhames

Quote from: Swestwill66 on October 02, 2017, 05:19:45 pm
Alabama
Auburn
Georgia
aTm
Arkansas
Florida
Miss. ST.
South Carolina
Kentucky
L.S.U
Tennessee
Vanderbilt
Ole Miss
Missouri

You know. This list may be viewed as "homerish" but I don't think it may end up being too far off
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 01, 2017, 02:29:08 pm
You will see in 6 days how close Ark is to SC. I could be wrong but i am probably not. I think SC will win by 7 to 10 points. SC is probably the 9th best program in SEC, in front of Arkansas, Vandy, Missouri, Ole Miss, and Miss St.
I was not wrong. Per usual.