Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Final from Kyle Field in 2 OT: A&M 45, Vols 38

Started by jbcarol, October 02, 2016, 07:55:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/KyleTucker_AJC/status/782578830686892032

QuoteJones' tears told the tale Saturday. Tennessee is living way too dangerously, scaring the ever-loving hell out of its poor coach and fan base just about every week...

Volunteers trailed Appalachian State 13-3, Virginia Tech 14-0, Florida 21-0 and Georgia 17-0. They remain undefeated, though, because they closed out those four games by outscoring the Mountaineers, Hokies, Gators and Bulldogs by a combined 134-31.

In each case, Dobbs led the charge. From the point of his team's largest deficit forward in those four games, Dobbs completed 61 percent of his passes for 688 yards, rushed for 215 yards, produced 15 total touchdowns and threw just 4 interceptions.

He's still far from perfect, and he probably should stop waiting so long to get going, but the way Dobbs puts the team on his back when its back is against the wall is exactly what Tennessee needs...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/TennesseeBeat/status/783004340265086978

QuoteTennessee coach Butch Jones said during his Monday news conference that he will know more about Reeves-Maybin (shoulder) and Kirkland Jr. (high ankle) later in the week.

Reeves-Maybin sprained a muscle in his shoulder in the first half of Tennessee's win over Ohio three weeks ago.

Jones also said cornerback Justin Martin is available to play against Texas A&M after being suspended for the Georgia game for a violation of team rules.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Brent Zwerneman ‏@BrentZwerneman 30m30 minutes ago

John Chavis' 'aggressive' Texas A&M defense faces his past in Tennessee: http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/columnists/brent_zwerneman/article/Aggies-Insider-10-7-9889584.php ...

QuoteChavis has played or coached in the Southeastern Conference since Mickey Gilley began cranking out hits four decades ago, and Chavis' defenses through the seasons have owned a league-wide reputation for plenty of big hits of their own.

None of that mattered last Saturday, when the SEC-celebrated Chavis, who turns 60 on Oct. 16, tried walking on to the field at Williams-Brice Stadium before Texas A&M played at South Carolina. An event staffer stopped Chavis, A&M's second-year defensive coordinator and a South Carolina native, and demanded identification.

"He said I had the wrong credentials, and he was the boss," the mustachioed Chavis recalled this week with a crooked smile. "I thought about going on and doing my job and then I said, 'No, I better go and get some more credentials.'

"The second thought ... is always the best one."

A&M coach Kevin Sumlin has had zero second thoughts, however, about hiring Chavis away from LSU nearly two years ago, with the idea of resurrecting a unit once known around Wellborn Road as the Wrecking Crew.

jbcarol

Ben Baby Verified account
‏@Ben_Baby

Butch Jones said he won't comment on injuries. Then he said RB Jalen Hurd is day-to-day.

jbcarol

Wes Rucker ‏@wesrucker247 Oct 6

I'm not saying Jalen Hurd missing Saturday would help the #Vols, but Alvin Kamara would start just about anywhere else. They'd be fine IMO.

jbcarol

Chris Low ‏@ClowESPN 3h3 hours ago

Texas A&M's Myles Garrett will try to play today against Tennessee, but how much and how effectively will depend on how he moves in warmups

Hog Villager

Tennessee just scored (first TD) on the exact play we should have ran against atm on the goal line.
"I may live in a bubble, but it's my bubble and it's painted Hog Red"

wildhogman

Quote from: Hog Villager on October 08, 2016, 03:21:30 pm
Tennessee just scored (first TD) on the exact play we should have ran against atm on the goal line.
Better enjoy  it. It might be a while before the get their second

Hog Villager

Enjoy what?  I'd be happy if somehow both of these teams could walk away from this game with a loss.  This was a comment about the specific play that was ran.  The guy was wide open. 

What's with the hogville witch hunt lately on anyone who posts ANYTHING remotely resembling criticism of the way the hogs are playing?  Is this a discussion board or not? 

wildhogman

Quote from: Hog Villager on October 08, 2016, 03:35:35 pm
Enjoy what?  I'd be happy if somehow both of these teams could walk away from this game with a loss.  This was a comment about the specific play that was ran.  The guy was wide open. 

What's with the hogville witch hunt lately on anyone who posts ANYTHING remotely resembling criticism of the way the hogs are playing?  Is this a discussion board or not? 
[/quot
Quote from: Hog Villager on October 08, 2016, 03:35:35 pm

My post had zero to do with the hogs and everything to do with Tenner and aggies. You listen to Danielson practically drooling over tenner?  Welcome to the west Tenner and Danielson. I hate the aggies but today I will root for them to score 100.
As for the trick play? Who knows, maybe it works or maybe not, But running up the gut 11 times was frustrating for everyone

TheRazorback500

Chavis has the Aggies getting a lot of turnovers.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

007 License To Squeal

Butch used the "F bomb" 3 times in one sentence arguing with the ref......where's the flag?
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Hog Villager

Quote from: wildhogman on October 08, 2016, 03:41:54 pm
My post had zero to do with the hogs and everything to do with Tenner and aggies. You listen to Danielson practically drooling over tenner?  Welcome to the west Tenner and Danielson. I hate the aggies but today I will root for them to score 100.
As for the trick play? Who knows, maybe it works or maybe not, But running up the gut 11 times was frustrating for everyone

I see.  Your "enjoy it" comment threw me.  I interpreted it as you implying that I'm a Vol fan.  Couldn't be further from the truth.

007 License To Squeal

Forget calling the game..Let's talk about LSU vs Fla!!!

007 License To Squeal

lasthog

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on October 08, 2016, 04:21:26 pm
Targeting!!!  He's gone.

Fabio was targeted, good call.

He targeted the KO returner earlier in the game, caused fumble  not called. He has been marked man since (by Tennessee).

SIAP.

jjdlc

Tennessee has been living on luck all year.  Looks like their luck has very much run out this game.

southarkhog06

Quote from: jjdlc on October 08, 2016, 05:31:57 pm
Tennessee has been living on luck all year.  Looks like their luck has very much run out this game.
nope they are still the luckiest team ever.

Buff

jjdlc

Good grief, someone needs to pour some gasoline on Tennessee and burn the corpse.

ALLVOL

Oh yes. UT is just lucky as hell. Lose 6 starters to injury turn the ball over 7 times and lose in 2 OT. Lucky is the word.

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/BrentZwerneman/status/784974799164416000

QuoteA&M quarterback Trevor Knight figures his teammates will gather in 2026, slap a few backs and dissect every detail of what happened on Saturday at Kyle Field.

"Ten years from now, we'll meet up with the guys and laugh about it," Knight said. "It was a special night."

A night with a fine, chalked line between laughter and tears, even a decade from now. No. 8 Texas A&M edged No. 9 Tennessee 45-38 in double overtime, a contest the Aggies led 28-7 in the third quarter before their wheels rolled off, and they furiously tightened them back on before 106,248 fans, the second largest crowd in Kyle Field history.

"Five years ago when we decided to make the move to the SEC, this was the kind of game our administration and our people envisioned," A&M fifth-year coach Kevin Sumlin said.

Well, minus the late-game madness, although the Aggies will happily accept the result, in moving to 6-0 for the first time since 1994 under then-coach R.C. Slocum.