Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turned over a new Leaf

Started by RebelW, September 26, 2016, 10:29:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggish1

What happened with being happy with consistent improvement?  Hogs will win 9 or 10 this year and I'll be thinking, he's right on track.  Too bad for you thinking the way you do.

Hoggish1

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 26, 2016, 11:03:29 am
Well, an offseason concern was a slow start.  We are 4-1.  Id say the direction is going well right now.  The loss Saturday sucks.  We are going to be hosting Bama at 5-1 as a top 25 team.

You are a game ahead of yourself, but right on with the way we will be going into Bama.

I like having them at home and being 4-1 and a top 20 team.  That has not happened in the CBB era...

Hoggish1

Quote from: thefisher on September 26, 2016, 11:46:14 am
1. The Hogs are in the top 20
2. The Hogs have won 9 of their last 11 games
3. The Hogs have FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HISTORY won back to back bowl games (did win in 75/77 but had a year gap in between with no bowl appearance).
4. WAIT ... let that sink in. CBB is the first coach in Razorback history to win back to back bowl games!
Broyles, Holtz, Hatfield, Ford, Nutt, nor Petrino were ever able to pull that off.
5. The Hogs are 9-2 over the last 11 games.  After next week they will be 10-2 over the past 12 games.

Let that sink in.  The Hogs will be on a 10-2 roll with back to back bowl victories.

Honest to goodness ... you would want to fire a coach that is on a 10-2 winning roll with the first time ever in Razorback history back to back bowl wins!?!?!?!?   You just can't get more whacked out than that.

Factor in the additional truth of the incredible GPA performance improvement, families that are sending their kids to play for the Hogs now LOVE the staff, and that guys are not now getting kicked off the team for being criminals.  Yeah.

Catch a freegin clue!

If you can't see the clear and obvious progression then you are just willfully and purposefully blind.

You will be hard pressed to find any coaches who have numbers that compare to CBB's right now. Very, very few do in all of college football.

+1!

jswineberiaskirk

Quote from: brandon on September 26, 2016, 11:24:09 am
BP got beaten worse in 2011 by LSU and Bama than we did Saturday

And those teams were a heckuva lot better than the team we played Saturday - and we were the next best after them. Third in the country, fifth in final poll. Don't see that anywhere in the future.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: jswineberiaskirk on September 29, 2016, 10:05:28 am
And those teams were a heckuva lot better than the team we played Saturday - and we were the next best after them. Third in the country, fifth in final poll. Don't see that anywhere in the future.
You can see into the future?  Have you been there Marty?

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 29, 2016, 08:28:51 am
You are a game ahead of yourself, but right on with the way we will be going into Bama.

I like having them at home and being 4-1 and a top 20 team.  That has not happened in the CBB era...
I like to count a scrimmage as a win if I can!

jswineberiaskirk

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 29, 2016, 11:00:53 am
You can see into the future?  Have you been there Marty?

I study history and can see when people are too stubborn.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: jswineberiaskirk on September 29, 2016, 12:07:39 pm
I study history and can see when people are too stubborn.
Yet in the college football world, everything can turn on a dime.  History means nothing game to game. 

LZH

Quote from: brandon on September 26, 2016, 11:24:09 am
BP got beaten worse in 2011 by LSU and Bama than we did Saturday

I know this is rehashing old history, and it doesn't make damn now, but weren't the only teams that beat Alabama and LSU in Petrino's last two years were LSU and Alabama? I am too lazy to look it up, but I believe that is correct.  The only teams good enough to beat those two were each other.  And I can assure you the LSU team that we beat the hell out of last year was very good, but they were not as talented as the teams that Les Miles had in those days.

Razorback Pastor

brandon

Quote from: LZH on September 30, 2016, 12:09:43 pm
I know this is rehashing old history, and it doesn't make damn now, but weren't the only teams that beat Alabama and LSU in Petrino's last two years were LSU and Alabama? I am too lazy to look it up, but I believe that is correct.  The only teams good enough to beat those two were each other.  And I can assure you the LSU team that we beat the hell out of last year was very good, but they were not as talented as the teams that Les Miles had in those days.

I was responding to the idea that Petrino had us knocking on the door for a National title. LSU beat us 45-17 in 2011 with the same D coordinator as A&M similar talent and we all know Sumlin's better than Miles. I'm not sure why Petrino's the greatest coach ever but this similar loss to A&M means Bielema can and won't get it done.

brandon

Quote from: LZH on September 30, 2016, 12:09:43 pm

Also your point about who beat Alabama and LSU is a good one for 2011. 2010 Bama lost 3 games and LSU lost a couple times. I think the entire country was down in 2011. Now Ohio St and Michigan are a lot better and the ACC teams have caught up.

It was a frustrating loss to A&M but it doesn't mean Bielema's hopelessly flawed as a head coach.

hawginbigd1

I don't like the fact that BB is slow to play The Freshman, I don't like some of the in game decisions, I don't like the fact that he has lost 2 games refusing to play AA. And probably some other things I can't remember right now. I do however like the way he is building the program, and I like and respect the man immensely, I for one am on the BB train and will continue as long as he is improving us. I was not impressed with the decision to hire him, but I have come around. The biggest reason was we didn't have his type personnel when he got here, I knew it was not going to be a short turn around with his style.

idochog

Quote from: RebelW on September 26, 2016, 10:29:17 am
You can look back at all my recent posts, and you will find that I have been VERY pro-Bielema and giving him the time that he needs to get this program where it needs to be and the faith that he would do so. If we do not win 10 games this year, then I believe it's time to move on. His philosophy so far Defensively is getting us killed year after year. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. I'm ready to get there instead of the ole "next year is our year" we need a big change. I can handle our offense to a degree. Pro or spread as long as we are explosive but the lac of tenacity on defense is sickening. Last year for CBB if he don't win 10 games. Please. I don't want to wait 20 years for another natty

Do you eat paint chips as a child?
I love Jesus!

Kevin

I about ready for a DC that will cover the middle of the field. and recruit guys that can tackle
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

bondhue

Quote from: bondhue on September 26, 2016, 11:20:41 am

The O-line situation is not acceptable for a mid tier SEC team in the 4th year of a coaching tenure.  Nutt's lines were better if I remember correctly.  If this situation is not rectified 7 wins is the ceiling, 6 more likely.  AtM showed the rest of the conference how to beat us, if they didn't already know.
Six wins most likely.  I was at the game.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

BassinHawg

Bellyma will never be a 10 win per season coach in the SEC
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

MountieDawg

Quote from: Kevin on September 26, 2016, 10:31:57 am
your expecting ten wins from a team that is replacing:
qb
2 rb
all American te
3 offensive lineman

you might as well call for his firing now

Bama had 7 players drafted by the NFL last year, what do Bama fans expect 7-6?
SEC!