Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turned over a new Leaf

Started by RebelW, September 26, 2016, 10:29:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bondhue

Quote from: Jim Harris on September 26, 2016, 10:58:10 am
maybe you could go help them recruit some 4 and 5 star LBs, safeties and DEs, because they need more of those for the defense to live up to your hopes. If Bielema isn't that guy, then who is? Who is going to bring the magic touch that convinces enough out-of-state defensive stars to come to Arkansas? Because the state isn't producing them. Be thankful the state has produced the likes of Agim, Ellis, Beanum, Greenlaw and Liddell but you're asking whoever coaches here to convince some difference-maker to turn down his home state school or a team that can promise national championship contention to get those star-type players to come to Fayetteville.

Arkansas is lucky to have Bielema and to have a program that overall the fans can be proud of for the actions on and off the field.

I like the way he holds players responsible off the field and thereby develops character.  Overall I like the program's direction.

The O-line situation is not acceptable for a mid tier SEC team in the 4th year of a coaching tenure.  Nutt's lines were better if I remember correctly.  If this situation is not rectified 7 wins is the ceiling, 6 more likely.  AtM showed the rest of the conference how to beat us, if they didn't already know.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 26, 2016, 11:18:52 am
Stunning is someone dumb enough to believe that statement. 

I own my errors, when I looked at it earlier, i saw 0 4 stars, but when it was just linked to me and I looked again, I saw three 4 stars, still not great, but more than zero.

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

brandon

Quote from: holman24 on September 26, 2016, 10:58:15 am
i have said all a long that his style of play will never win us even a sec champ because we can not recruit the players we need with this style of play the big boys will always get the better ath.  we r and will always be an also ran unless we try something new like we did with Bobby.  yes our coach is doing everything rite off the field but on the field we r not even close to the top level in our league.  our coach will never ever get us to the top with his offense and defensive style we must be different in our approach and our def is the worst part of the team maybe time to up grade our asst to someone who can recruit def players that will work in his system. especial the 4 th qrt our def seem to always fall apart

BP got beaten worse in 2011 by LSU and Bama than we did Saturday

hogman78

Quote from: bondhue on September 26, 2016, 11:20:41 am
I like the way he holds players responsible off the field and thereby develops character.  Overall I like the program's direction.

The O-line situation is not acceptable for a mid tier SEC team in the 4th year of a coaching tenure.  Nutt's lines were better if I remember correctly.  If this situation is not rectified 7 wins is the ceiling, 6 more likely.  AtM showed the rest of the conference how to beat us, if they didn't already know.

Concidering the conference we play in, I think it's safe to say they already knew. Good thing we won't be the same team ATM beat when we play again. Getting better day by day.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: bondhue on September 26, 2016, 11:20:41 am

Nutt's lines were really good at doing one thing.  We are not only doing one thing .

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: brandon on September 26, 2016, 11:24:09 am
BP got beaten worse in 2011 by LSU and Bama than we did Saturday

And that is one of the things overlooked.  The Bama defense especially made us one dimensional and then no dimensional in our matchups.  BP was stubborn in 2010 and didn't use KD enough.  Bama closed the field down on BP's passing game and then beat the hell out of our wr's in each matchup.  We couldn't make plays vertically.  He was a little ways from figuring out how to beat Bama.  His qb he has now at Lville is probably a better answer. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on September 26, 2016, 11:23:34 am
I own my errors, when I looked at it earlier, i saw 0 4 stars, but when it was just linked to me and I looked again, I saw three 4 stars, still not great, but more than zero.
Still, the fact that you are stating that since we dont have any 4stars committed in September of a recruiting season that closes in February, that his seat should be getting warm and fired if we dont sign any 4stars is idiotic. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on September 26, 2016, 11:24:09 am
I was going to say surely we have one or two.  That shows we have three.

And some of those kids will get a bump from their senior season.

hogman78

Not great, that's kinda where we are as a program. Good but not great.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on September 26, 2016, 11:12:04 am
I don't even think a program like Arkansas should have a minimum number of wins each year for their HC to keep his job.

BUT, I do think it's perfectly reasonable to expect that by season 4 that we will no longer have to hear excuses about "well he lost this player, or he lost that player"

Especially when we are talking about a coach who is supposedly building a winning program .

I just looked in at 247 sports, and see that we don't have a single 4 star recruit committed in the 2017 class. THAT should get a coach on the hot seat, if not outright fired.
You really just don't know what you're talking about in any capacity, do you?
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

ThisTeetsTaken

This program could use a Matt Jones or Darren McFadden right now. A Shawn Andrews type would be nice also.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Kevin

no matter the recruiting, year 4 was going to be a rebuilt from the start of the cbb era. just the way the class lined up. the hogs were going to lose a ton of offense all at one time.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

The Hawg Marshal

Yes I am disappointed/concerned about the OL. I still think we are a good team and we are going to have a good season. No need to panic, A&M is very good.

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 26, 2016, 11:28:44 am
Still, the fact that you are stating that since we dont have any 4stars committed in September of a recruiting season that closes in February, that his seat should be getting warm and fired if we dont sign any 4stars is idiotic. 

I did not say he definitely should be fired for such sir.

The reality of our situation is  , barring something truly bizzare, we can't afford to fire Bielema even if he goes winless over the next two seasons at least because are dangerously close to becoming known as a delusional program with zero consistency.

But that doesn't change the fact that our recruiting MUST improve if we wish to compete with LSU Bama, TAMU, and now Ole MIss.

ricepig

Hardcore Hoggy

What a bunch of god darned retarded little children that post here. Person makes an error, admits an error, and still 56 people have to post something ignorant, as if they've never made an error.

LOL

jkstock04

Quote from: RebelW on September 26, 2016, 10:29:17 am
You can look back at all my recent posts, and you will find that I have been VERY pro-Bielema and giving him the time that he needs to get this program where it needs to be and the faith that he would do so. If we do not win 10 games this year, then I believe it's time to move on. His philosophy so far Defensively is getting us killed year after year. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. I'm ready to get there instead of the ole "next year is our year" we need a big change. I can handle our offense to a degree. Pro or spread as long as we are explosive but the lac of tenacity on defense is sickening. Last year for CBB if he don't win 10 games. Please. I don't want to wait 20 years for another natty
I'm actually on the flip side of this.

I've been mostly anti what Bielema is doing here. The Jeff Long idea that we are going to win a championship simply by being white hat integrity guys irritates me. However, stripped down I'm beginning to see what we are trying to do.

And moreover, this team looks to be much better than I thought they would be. I had us at 6 wins...I'm thinking now 7 or maybe even 8 wins is on the table this year. If the team overachieves there isn't much for me to bitch about. So far we are 1 game ahead of schedule where I had us.

Bull headed and stubbornness can be admirable. Our goal line antics look stupid today but if we had punched it in there with some more balls it would look great. If Bielema wants to run the ball against 11 men fronts against all odds just to say he did I'm all for it. But he needs to have the horses to do so.

Our O-line is over-rated every year. Austin Allen probably is not going to make it through this year...right side of that line is that bad. IF Bielema ever gets the O-line he really wants then watch out.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hogman78

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on September 26, 2016, 11:38:41 am
What a bunch of god darned retarded little children that post here. Person makes an error, admits an error, and still 56 people have to post something ignorant, as if they've never made an error.

LOL

Would like to point out that I only pointed it out.

DoctorSusscrofa

I expect progress. Nine wins with or without a bowl win is some progress. I'd rather win 10, but if we beat 4 or 5 conference opponents, all 4 non-conference opponents, and get to a total of 9 by the end of bowl season, I'm ok for 1 more year.  But next year we must show additional improvement.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

DeltaBoy

The shine wore of the apple with me for sure but I am no where near wanting a new coach.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

bondhue

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 26, 2016, 11:27:31 am
Nutt's lines were really good at doing one thing.  We are not only doing one thing .
Whaley swarmed in the backfield by multiple defenders.  AA's backside black and blue.  They are doing nothing very well.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

IntegrityHog

2018 was always going to be the year.  That will be CBB's first team with his own 5th-year seniors.  His style takes time, you just can't build that sort of team overnight.  You know, the kind of team that can beat Bama.  Something Petrino never did.

thefisher

You can look back at all my recent posts, and you will find that I have been VERY pro-Bielema and giving him the time that he needs to get this program where it needs to be and the faith that he would do so. If we do not win 10 games this year, then I believe it's time to move on. His philosophy so far Defensively is getting us killed year after year. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. I'm ready to get there instead of the ole "next year is our year" we need a big change. I can handle our offense to a degree. Pro or spread as long as we are explosive but the lac of tenacity on defense is sickening. Last year for CBB if he don't win 10 games. Please. I don't want to wait 20 years for another natty

1. The Hogs are in the top 20
2. The Hogs have won 9 of their last 11 games
3. The Hogs have FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HISTORY won back to back bowl games (did win in 75/77 but had a year gap in between with no bowl appearance).
4. WAIT ... let that sink in. CBB is the first coach in Razorback history to win back to back bowl games!
Broyles, Holtz, Hatfield, Ford, Nutt, nor Petrino were ever able to pull that off.
5. The Hogs are 9-2 over the last 11 games.  After next week they will be 10-2 over the past 12 games.

Let that sink in.  The Hogs will be on a 10-2 roll with back to back bowl victories.

Honest to goodness ... you would want to fire a coach that is on a 10-2 winning roll with the first time ever in Razorback history back to back bowl wins!?!?!?!?   You just can't get more whacked out than that.

Factor in the additional truth of the incredible GPA performance improvement, families that are sending their kids to play for the Hogs now LOVE the staff, and that guys are not now getting kicked off the team for being criminals.  Yeah.

Catch a freegin clue!

If you can't see the clear and obvious progression then you are just willfully and purposefully blind.

You will be hard pressed to find any coaches who have numbers that compare to CBB's right now. Very, very few do in all of college football.
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

jkstock04

Quote from: thefisher on September 26, 2016, 11:46:14 am
1. The Hogs are in the top 20
2. The Hogs have won 9 of their last 11 games
3. The Hogs have FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HISTORY won back to back bowl games (did win in 75/77 but had a year gap in between with no bowl appearance).
4. WAIT ... let that sink in. CBB is the first coach in Razorback history to win back to back bowl games!
Broyles, Holtz, Hatfield, Ford, Nutt, nor Petrino were ever able to pull that off.
5. The Hogs are 9-2 over the last 11 games.  After next week they will be 10-2 over the past 12 games.

Let that sink in.  The Hogs will be on a 10-2 roll with back to back bowl victories.

Honest to goodness ... you would want to fire a coach that is on a 10-2 winning roll with the first time ever in Razorback history back to back bowl wins!?!?!?!?   You just can't get more whacked out than that.

Factor in the additional truth of the incredible GPA performance improvement, families that are sending their kids to play for the Hogs now LOVE the staff, and that guys are not now getting kicked off the team for being criminals.  Yeah.

Catch a freegin clue!

If you can't see the clear and obvious progression then you are just willfully and purposefully blind.

You will be hard pressed to find any coaches who have numbers that compare to CBB's right now. Very, very few do in all of college football.
Good thoughts. Still a ton of time left this season for this team to prove something.

After the powder puff Alcorn St game we will be sitting 4-1 and showbiz play time will be over with. Hogs will begin the meat of their schedule and we will see what they are really made of.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Dirty

Quote from: holman24 on September 26, 2016, 10:58:15 am
i have said all a long that his style of play will never win us even a sec champ because we can not recruit the players we need with this style of play the big boys will always get the better ath.  we r and will always be an also ran unless we try something new like we did with Bobby.  yes our coach is doing everything rite off the field but on the field we r not even close to the top level in our league.  our coach will never ever get us to the top with his offense and defensive style we must be different in our approach and our def is the worst part of the team maybe time to up grade our asst to someone who can recruit def players that will work in his system. especial the 4 th qrt our def seem to always fall apart

What did Bobby do here?  I remember those big wins against Alabama and all the titles. 

JaketheSnake

Quote from: bondhue on September 26, 2016, 11:44:36 am
Whaley swarmed in the backfield by multiple defenders.  AA's backside black and blue.  They are doing nothing very well.
We also have rushed over 600yards in 4 games.  AA has a great QB rating.  Have given up a few more sacks than we have averages so far, but it's not what you want to make it out to be.

Am I happy with our OL right now?  Absolutely not. 

Are they the sole cause of our loss Saturday?  Absolutely not.

Dirty

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 26, 2016, 11:54:46 am
We also have rushed over 600yards in 4 games.  AA has a great QB rating.  Have given up a few more sacks than we have averages so far, but it's not what you want to make it out to be.

Am I happy with our OL right now?  Absolutely not. 

Are they the sole cause of our loss Saturday?  Absolutely not.

Quit making so much sense.  Some folks on here do not like that.

Sir Oinksalot

...there are some things we just can't fix but many we can.  I suspect when both players and coaches go back and look at this film they will be motivated beyond belief to  "turn over a new leaf" ...

Example, I couldn't believe on our "jet sweep" inside the 5 the guy (don't remember who sorry) didn't cut up round about the left end position into the big ole glory hole for the easy touchdown.  Instead, he went even wider which allowed the totally blocked defender to shed his block and make the tackle ....

I saw it from my soft leather sectional and ran it back several times not believing what I was seeing, him whiffing on the Mack truck sized hole .....

It was a great play call for 6, but instead, that simple missed cut to the goal line made us look really bad...

Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on September 26, 2016, 11:36:57 am
I did not say he definitely should be fired for such sir.

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on September 26, 2016, 11:12:04 am
I just looked in at 247 sports, and see that we don't have a single 4 star recruit committed in the 2017 class. THAT should get a coach on the hot seat, if not outright fired.
Welp.  Not just outright fired, but you dont have enough sense to not put full faith in recruiting services either. 

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on September 26, 2016, 11:38:41 am

LOL
Maybe because no one likes you?
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Oklahawg

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 26, 2016, 11:38:47 am
I'm actually on the flip side of this.

I've been mostly anti what Bielema is doing here. The Jeff Long idea that we are going to win a championship simply by being white hat integrity guys irritates me. However, stripped down I'm beginning to see what we are trying to do.

And moreover, this team looks to be much better than I thought they would be. I had us at 6 wins...I'm thinking now 7 or maybe even 8 wins is on the table this year. If the team overachieves there isn't much for me to bitch about. So far we are 1 game ahead of schedule where I had us.

Bull headed and stubbornness can be admirable. Our goal line antics look stupid today but if we had punched it in there with some more balls it would look great. If Bielema wants to run the ball against 11 men fronts against all odds just to say he did I'm all for it. But he needs to have the horses to do so.

Our O-line is over-rated every year. Austin Allen probably is not going to make it through this year...right side of that line is that bad. IF Bielema ever gets the O-line he really wants then watch out.

Good post.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Sportster365

Quote from: goodguytex on September 26, 2016, 11:17:54 am
My standards are a little different... I said from the beginning I would give bielema five years to fully get his system in place. Judge him accordingly. Definition of success to me is improving every year. We have done that. That may be continuing this year. If so, he has fulfilled my expectations. My expectations for next year and 2018 is to be competing for the SEC West and to win 10 games or better one of those years. If we aren't bowl eligible or regress either of those years, I will be expecting a change in the direction of the program.

One of those years... 17 or 18 should be our year for everything to come together. We will see if it happens. But so far, I'm happy with where we are going.

And... This year isn't over yet. We've played four games. For all I know we may win out. Or not. Let's wait and see how the season goes before judging the success or lack thereof of this season. After four games is the wrong time to do that. Especially the wrong time with a 3-1 record.

After starting 0-17 there isn't anywhere else to go but up.

Fans keep boasting our 3-1 record as if barely beating LA Tech in the last minutes of the 4th at home is something to hang your hat on. Or a blocked field goal being the sole reason we're not sitting at 2-2 like LSU right now. Then our blowout of TXST that got 64 dropped on them by Houston while holding them to 3.

It's not all gloom and doom, this isn't a bad team at all. I've enjoyed watching them improve since week one. We lost yesterday simply because we got outcoached in the second half on both sides of the ball. Gaping run holes exposed the gut of our defense. There defensive line nearly annihilated the line scrimmage, harassing Austin and leaving no holes for RW3. If anything we should have worn them down, with our time of possession, we didn't. Why because there system marginalized our game plan on both sides of the ball.

The turnover talk is a little over blown, we coughed up two early ones and they gave them back to us. Its the last turn over on the sack of Austin Allen that really sealed our fate in this game. In fact our fist TD came off a botched catch that led to a fumble recovered by the Hogs. After all the smoke was cleared we were both tied up at 17 all. 

hogman78

Quote from: bondhue on September 26, 2016, 11:44:36 am

Or they went to battle against a really good dline. Often times they were completely out numbered, yet we still put up 500 yards of offense. Think about that. Let it soak in for a second.

Sir Oinksalot

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on September 26, 2016, 11:58:13 am
...there are some things we just can't fix but many we can.  I suspect when both players and coaches go back and look at this film they will be motivated beyond belief to  "turn over a new leaf" ...

Example, I couldn't believe on our "jet sweep" inside the 5 the guy (don't remember who sorry) didn't cut up round about the left end position into the big ole glory hole for the easy touchdown.  Instead, he went even wider which allowed the totally blocked defender to shed his block and make the tackle ....

I saw it from my soft leather sectional and ran it back several times not believing what I was seeing, him whiffing on the Mack truck sized hole .....

It was a great play call for 6, but instead, that simple missed cut to the goal line made us look really bad...

...meant to say also that with the mistakes we dominated the first half ... And Austin has shown he won't let the team quit when down anymore ...

edit : Hammonds,  someone says about the sweep ... Well there you go, the youngster will learn volumes from this ...

Oklahawg

The big picture is hard to argue with: progress every year that is methodical and somewhat scripted (coaches cannot control certain things from players, such as transfers, character-based dismissals, and early departures to the NFL).

The more focused lens is where fans have issues: repeating the same tactical errors, for example.

For the first time since Holtz, Arkansas football has a national identity. It is an identity that we can recruit to with some success. By not following the flavor of the month we distinguish ourselves, giving us shots at a national recruit every now and then.

Identity brings with it larger strategic planning that helps move the program forward, inch by inch. Would it have hurt our image to have thrown on first down during the first three quarters? No! Might have given the Ags a shock and the Hogs a lead. My point: there seems to be a stubbornness that isn't uniformly favorable.

It is easy to dismiss as, "The Ags were the better team, and losing to them is no shame." But, that defies the details that were visible. It also doesn't account for the deflation by the team late in the game. One thing to be disappointed because you thought you would lose, and another to see a meltdown because the team doesn't believe in one another. There was a lot of that Saturday night.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

hogman78

Quote from: Sportster365 on September 26, 2016, 12:09:56 pm

Fans keep boasting our 3-1 record as if barely beating LA Tech in the last minutes of the 4th at home is something to hang your hat on. Or a blocked field goal being the sole reason we're not sitting at 2-2 like LSU right now. Then our blowout of TXST that got 64 dropped on them by Houston while holding them to 3.

It's not all gloom and doom, this isn't a bad team at all. I've enjoyed watching them improve since week one. We lost yesterday simply because we got outcoached in the second half on both sides of the ball. Gaping run holes exposed the gut of our defense. There defensive line nearly annihilated the line scrimmage, harassing Austin and leaving no holes for RW3. If anything we should have worn them down, with our time of possession, we didn't. Why because there system marginalized our game plan on both sides of the ball.

The turnover talk is a little over blown, we coughed up two early ones and they gave them back to us. Its the last turn over on the sack of Austin Allen that really sealed our fate in this game. In fact our fist TD came off a botched catch that led to a fumble recovered by the Hogs. After all the smoke was cleared we were both tied up at 17 all.

Problem is, without our own errors, we would have lead by a large margin at the half. If you don't think that would change the momentum of the game then I don't know what to say. Self inflicted wounds were our problem Saturday against a pretty good team.

greasy_corner

Your comment was asinine, no matter how bad your eyesight is.   

hogman78

Quote from: Surfing8 on September 26, 2016, 12:15:06 pm
It's the responsibility of the HC to educate guys like Kirkland on their decision.

Can you educate them all?
No.

But in Kirkland's case it was OBVIOUS. 

There are methods used to help convince underclassmen with visions of grandeur.  Happens to programs everywhere.

This was a time to employ those methods.

And if memory serves me, which it does, CBB had a meeting set with Kirkland, and Denver declared before that date. Let's lay that blame where it belongs.

popcornhog

20 years?

It's been 52 since that time we won a share of a natty.

I want to win titles as much as you do, but you do realize how rediculous you sound, right?
WPS

RME

Quote from: Surfing8 on September 26, 2016, 12:15:06 pm
It's the responsibility of the HC to educate guys like Kirkland on their decision.

Can you educate them all?
No.

But in Kirkland's case it was OBVIOUS. 

There are methods used to help convince underclassmen with visions of grandeur.  Happens to programs everywhere.

This was a time to employ those methods.

You really don't think Bielema tried hard to hold onto Kirkland?

OLDHOG

Quote from: hogman78 on September 26, 2016, 12:15:16 pm
Problem is, without our own errors, we would have lead by a large margin at the half. If you don't think that would change the momentum of the game then I don't know what to say. Self inflicted wounds were our problem Saturday against a pretty good team.
Yep, we are not a good enough team to over come miscues against really good teams, yet. I do believe eventually we will be.JMO. I still have faith in the direction our program is headed.

Sir Oinksalot

...my only beef w/ Coach B. has been that he doesn't work the guys hard enough in Spring or Fall practice, that's it ....

When Nick Saban came into the clusterf at alabama, he tore out 50 big flat screens in the weight room and threw them in the dumpster ... Not handed them over for resale ...

He sat out Rubbermaid trash cans every 20 yards on both sides of the field....he ran a brutal practice, then, he made the entire team run 25 100 yard gassers to end practice on THE FIRST DAY.....

Coach B. is so aware of sickle cell trait he won't, he refuses to work the team beyond exhaustion ....

As I said, this has been my only point of disagreement with Coach...

But, this is how you go from letting Houston Dale beat you to winning a National Championship ...

You do realize, there is only one way ...

hogman78

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on September 26, 2016, 12:31:52 pm
...my only beef w/ Coach B. has been that he doesn't work the guys hard enough in Spring or Fall practice, that's it ....

When Nick Saban came into the clusterf at alabama, he tore out 50 big flat screens in the weight room and threw them in the dumpster ... Not handed them over for resale ...

He sat out Rubbermaid trash cans every 20 yards on both sides of the field....he ran a brutal practice, then, he made the entire team run 25 100 yard gasses to end practice on THE FIRST DAY.....

Coach B. is so aware of sickle cell trait he won't, he refuses to work the team beyond exhaustion ....

As I said, this has been my only point of disagreement with Coach...

This is how you go from letting Houston Dale beat you to winning a National Championship ...

You do realize, there is only one way ...

Doing it the right way? If so, count me in. No kids life is worth all that. Sorry

Sir Oinksalot

...it's a fancy world in Coaches head dude....how many puking players have died on Saban ....you saying Nck doesn't do it the right way ?

....this is football man, it isn't for everyone ...

ricepig

Quote from: Sportster365 on September 26, 2016, 12:09:56 pm

Who started out 0-17? I'm glad you don't have an agenda, lol....

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: b501 on September 26, 2016, 11:05:36 am
Coulda, shoulda, woulda, doesnt matter - still got outcoached

I love these statements...that have zero validity to them. Just some random message thrown out...

So tell me...what made Sumlin "outcoach" us? Did he just "coach" his stud WRs to catch those long passes while our defenders fall around him? Did Sumlin "coach" his guys to basically jog through our arm-tackling defense?

Please tell me...what was the mastermind behind Sumlin's decisions that have you in awe? Facts are Facts. We fumbled away so many opportunities to put that game away, and no matter how many cute catch phrases you come up with, those are still the facts.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

hogman78

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on September 26, 2016, 12:39:41 pm
...it's a fancy world in Coaches head dude....how many puking players have died on Saban ....you saying Nck doesn't do it the right way ?

....this is football man, it isn't for everyone ...

Screw Nick is what I'm saying. I wouldn't send my child to play for him. Pump out, and pimp out his stock if you want. That's on you "SO". So what is more like it.

razorsharptusk

Quote from: S.A.D.C on September 26, 2016, 10:43:20 am

Also:  turnovers, penalties, and special teams- we are bad in all three of those areas.   

Speaking of special teams, how many times have we not taken the kick out of the end zone?  We talk about all the speed we have in a couple of guys on this team, and never see them take the ball out of the end zone. It can be a huge momentum shifter. 

Is it normal to force a false start in order to get the angle changed for your kicker. I'm surprised Sumlin didn't decline that one as well and make him kick it from there.
GO HOGS!!

IntegrityHog

Quote from: Kevin on September 26, 2016, 11:35:17 am
no matter the recruiting, year 4 was going to be a rebuilt from the start of the cbb era. just the way the class lined up. the hogs were going to lose a ton of offense all at one time.

And you know what? We can lay the blame for that sparely at the feet of Bobby J. Petrino, who neglected recruiting to a rediculius degree.