Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dan Enos

Started by HoggyCat, January 25, 2018, 06:42:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BallHog1

Quote from: Sed76 on January 26, 2018, 10:44:37 am
Can you imagine the meltdown Saban would have if Bama ran a couple of the terrible 4th down plays Arkansas ran last year that failed miserably? He seriously might stroke out on the sideline.
Can you imagine when you realize that with better athletes and an offensive line there is nothing wrong with play call?

Hog Fan...DOH!

Harbaugh must be certifiable. 

jgphillips3

Enos was a good coach and NEVER got to run his entire offense here.  FOTH has confirmed that there was much more playbook that never materialized on the field.  Plays our line would actually have been better at running at that.  I don't like him at Alabama one bit.  Their QB development will be much better under him.

elksnort

Quote from: BallHog1 on January 26, 2018, 10:57:40 am
Can you imagine when you realize that with better athletes and an offensive line there is nothing wrong with play call?
I hear you. His offense looked pretty darn good in 2015 and most of 2016.

clutch

Quote from: LA Football fan on January 25, 2018, 08:14:08 pm
Went from Central Michigan to Arkansas to Michigan to Alabama.  Enough said.  I like our coaches too but anyone thinking he is on any kind of downward spiral is out of their  mind.

He's definitely gone to more prestigious schools, but his actual career path is definitely downward spiraling at the moment. If you go from a D1 HC, to a position coach, you've taken a step backwards, no matter what school you are a position coach at. Guys leave Coordinator positions at schools like Bama for a HC job. No question he's taken a step backwards, but he still has plenty of time to turn his career around.

Redhogs

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 26, 2018, 11:12:51 am
Enos was a good coach and NEVER got to run his entire offense here.  FOTH has confirmed that there was much more playbook that never materialized on the field.  Plays our line would actually have been better at running at that.  I don't like him at Alabama one bit.  Their QB development will be much better under him.
Bert was the problem here...
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

hawg66

rljjr

He's going to have a lot of talent to work with, so is it really going to make that much of a difference for their QB? Maybe in mere tenths statistically. The question is he now the OC in waiting? Nick has been after Dan for a long time. Going to be interesting, but we've not beaten a Saban coached Bama team yet, so it makes me zero difference.

Hogarusa

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on January 26, 2018, 11:00:13 am
Harbaugh must be certifiable. 

Doubtful Enos had any time to form that opinion. When Saban calls, you go
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Warrior Way 22

I wish him luck. I think he showed sparks of being a great coach, just handcuffed a lot by a subpar O Line and a head coach with a different philosophy.
"Warriors should suffer their pain silently."

Warrior Way 22

Quote from: rljjr on January 26, 2018, 12:43:39 pm
He's going to have a lot of talent to work with, so is it really going to make that much of a difference for their QB? Maybe in mere tenths statistically. The question is he now the OC in waiting? Nick has been after Dan for a long time. Going to be interesting, but we've not beaten a Saban coached Bama team yet, so it makes me zero difference.
IMO the QB held that offense back a lot last year. Too much talent to struggle like they did at times throughout the season. I think he will take that group to another level. Enos is also the Assistant HC so it's not jut QB coach.
"Warriors should suffer their pain silently."

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: rhames on January 26, 2018, 10:55:59 am

Batman became the villain so Harvey Dent could die a hero.

Dan didn't die and is now the villain.   Maybe Alabama will take some of his Central Michigan playbook and use it.  We never got to see enough of it here.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

tolerati

Quote from: clutch on January 26, 2018, 11:21:54 am
He's definitely gone to more prestigious schools, but his actual career path is definitely downward spiraling at the moment. If you go from a D1 HC, to a position coach, you've taken a step backwards, no matter what school you are a position coach at. Guys leave Coordinator positions at schools like Bama for a HC job. No question he's taken a step backwards, but he still has plenty of time to turn his career around.

It seems he is already turning it around.  One would think being a QB Coach and Associate Head Coach at Alabama would be greater than just being a Wide Recievers Coach at Michigan.
"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

Paul

he'll be a head coach again before long

jgphillips3

Quote from: Paul on January 26, 2018, 01:06:32 pm
he'll be a head coach again before long

At a much better school.

little pigee

I believe he will be named a coordinator of some sort after we finish his payout, as indicated in the paper.
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

jcharkansas

He was one of the coaches I really liked here and I think he could have succeeded under a different head coach possibly

Paul

jusgtohogs

Sounds like Enos just became the poster child for getting around a non-compete.  If I was an assistant coach, I go immediately and hire his agent!

Pig in the Pokey

he wont be running the offense.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

ricepig

Quote from: jusgtohogs on January 26, 2018, 02:57:54 pm
Sounds like Enos just became the poster child for getting around a non-compete.  If I was an assistant coach, I go immediately and hire his agent!

Getting fired is the way around a non-compete?

jusgtohogs

I think the NC would have been in effect, had there not been another stop between jobs.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: jusgtohogs on January 26, 2018, 02:57:54 pm
b/c everybody prefers 250k to 1 Million...
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

buldozer

Mike Irwin

Quote from: jcharkansas on January 26, 2018, 01:47:40 pm
He was one of the coaches I really liked here and I think he could have succeeded under a different head coach possibly
Since I wasn't on the headsets I'm only speculating but I always had the impression that Bielema was sandbagging his play calling. The offense would be rolling and suddenly it looked like the game plan had completely changed.

Also, although he was careful not to say it directly Chaney pretty much implied to me more than once that he was not always in control of the play calling.

hogcards

He's an excellent coach. Watch what Tua does now.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

farmhawg

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 26, 2018, 04:02:00 pm
Since I wasn't on the headsets I'm only speculating but I always had the impression that Bielema was sandbagging his play calling. The offense would be rolling and suddenly it looked like the game plan had completely changed.

Also, although he was careful not to say it directly Chaney pretty much implied to me more than once that he was not always in control of the play calling.
I said it all along, Brett was the fly in the ointment that caused the problems. He just couldn't help himself.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

rljjr

Quote from: Warrior Way 22 on January 26, 2018, 12:52:18 pm
IMO the QB held that offense back a lot last year. Too much talent to struggle like they did at times throughout the season. I think he will take that group to another level. Enos is also the Assistant HC so it's not jut QB coach.

I agree, but they also probably played the wrong QB. As for the assistant HC I don't think that means a hill of beans, considering Saban's style of management. The bottom line is that he's not going to be the reason we lose to Bama if we do.

aloha_kid

Quote from: Sed76 on January 26, 2018, 10:44:37 am
Can you imagine the meltdown Saban would have if Bama ran a couple of the terrible 4th down plays Arkansas ran last year that failed miserably? He seriously might stroke out on the sideline.

Bama's depth will surely alleviate any 4th down concerns ;)

liljo

Quote from: jcharkansas on January 26, 2018, 01:47:40 pm

+1

I subscribe to thinking that Coach Enos is an outstanding offensive mind that just needs a bonafide shot at proving it.  As much of an expert in exploiting defenses as he is, I'd wager he has many options from which to select, and is only limited by things he doesn't control. He can only Coach the players he has. And he can only Playcall within the limits of his boss.

I figure Saban can get great players, and Saban can get great coaches.  I hope Coach Enos does well in his future endeavors. Except when it's Hogs vs Tide.

Because THEN I hate him. (Just during game week, Coach).
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

Difficult to unseat a winning QB for a Freshman.  Hurts went 25-2 but the truth is if he was our QB, he is a .500 type QB on a lower tier type team.  Hurts will be more conservative and Tua will piss Saban off more often but he is the real deal.  Enos should love getting to work with real talent.  He deserves that break.  If BAMA actually turns Tua loose and makes that offense what it can be, they score 50 on most teams and play lots of subs doing it.  The Kid has ICE in his veins.

HogInThaGrove

Enos may be a good coach, but when you play the favorites game and won't even talk to some of your QB's, then you have a problem.  He was probably a better play caller than he was able to show here due to jabba the ex coach interfering.  But I strongly dislike anybody who goes to Bama.  So I hope he fails miserably.  Nothing personal. 

From Tusk Till Dawn

Man, some of you guys have the most interesting perspectives about our previous staff, players, and HC.  Who was Enos prior to being named Arkansas's OC?  He was a HC coach with a losing record at a no name school.  Somebody thought he had the right stuff regardless of that.

Pig Worshipper

Enos is an excellent coach. The rich just got richer.

little pigee

Quote from: ricepig on January 26, 2018, 03:20:12 pm
Getting fired is the way around a non-compete?
Quote from: jusgtohogs on January 26, 2018, 03:24:11 pm
I think the NC would have been in effect, had there not been another stop between jobs.
Read his contract.  We are subsidizing his 'Bama salary until the payout is finished.  Smart on their part.

flagstaffhog

This.....Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

ricepig

Quote from: little pigee on January 26, 2018, 07:07:42 pm
Read his contract.  We are subsidizing his 'Bama salary until the payout is finished.  Smart on their part.

Link to the Bama contract.

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: Hogindasticks on January 26, 2018, 07:46:50 pm
Hope he calls plays for them.....everyone in the SEC will have a chance.

Wait I NEVER said he was a brilliant play caller. Just that he was a really good QB coach.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: HogInThaGrove on January 26, 2018, 05:42:46 pm
Enos may be a good coach, but when you play the favorites game and won't even talk to some of your QB's, then you have a problem.  He was probably a better play caller than he was able to show here due to jabba the ex coach interfering.  But I strongly dislike anybody who goes to Bama.  So I hope he fails miserably.  Nothing personal.

This picture wouldn't seem to confirm your narrative.. All coaches talk to the starters more, just how it is..

KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

liljo

The fact Nick Saban brought him on staff, and Alabama can surely afford any QB Coach they want, would be considered by most as pretty strong evidence that Enos is an expert in his chosen profession.

Some here seem to think they know more about the game than a D1 experienced Coach. I think it is reasonable to believe Coach Enos is a better Coach than his time at Arkansas proves.

I recall the old Bobby Collins adage, "I have found that I'm a better football coach when I have better football players." I believe Coach Enos, in multiple instances, wasn't even allowed to use better players--even though they were right there on the roster. Won't happen that way at Alabama.
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

PorkSoda

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 26, 2018, 01:18:00 pm
At a much better school.
better than who? bama? arkansas? CMU?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

little pigee

Dominicanhog

but he will be at Alabama should he become the OC?

raz1965

Enos was not the problem at Arkansas, Saban known how to pick em. If only the Razorbacks could have found a defense.

Pigstie

Mike can you explain these "landmines" CBB speaks of while coaching here?
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 27, 2018, 09:15:37 am
And how to rehabilitate them.  The list of careers getting a Saban makeover is forming an impressive tree on its own.

I don't know if it's as much "rehabilitate" them. It isn't hard to take good coordinators who come from struggling teams and give them a ton of 5*s to use at their disposal.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

LJHOG