Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sam's Club for the best in PECAN PIE

Started by Jim Harris, November 23, 2005, 10:44:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Harris

Well, in our haste to break down the tailgate and get to the game, and probably the fact that we had stuffed ourselves on all kinds of meats, chips, dips, etc., we FORGOT to eat the Sam's Club pecan pie I had purchased for the tailgate last week.
The Drakehog family dug into the pie on Sunday, and let me tell you, for around $11 or whatever it was  for this monstrosity, this is the way to go. No fuss, no muss, you might say. A perfectly cooked pie, which huge slices of pecans, thick karo filling, flaky pie crust.
Count on more Sam's Club pies when you're DINING WITH DRAKEHOG.
btw, as large as this pecan pie was -- and it looked like the hubcap of a car -- they've got an even larger pumpkin pie on sale as well. On your way to the in-laws, pick one up. Don't waste time cooking up a pie when you can get Cool Whip and a Sam's Club pie on your way out of town. Save that other time for drinking a beer or bitching that you have to travel to the in-laws for Thanksgiving. ;D
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

LSUFan

Quote from: drakehog on November 23, 2005, 10:44:15 am
Well, in our haste to break down the tailgate and get to the game, and probably the fact that we had stuffed ourselves on all kinds of meats, chips, dips, etc., we FORGOT to eat the Sam's Club pecan pie I had purchased for the tailgate last week.
The Drakehog family dug into the pie on Sunday, and let me tell you, for around $11 or whatever it was for this monstrosity, this is the way to go. No fuss, no muss, you might say. A perfectly cooked pie, which huge slices of pecans, thick karo filling, flaky pie crust.
btw, as large as this pecan pie was -- and it looked like the hubcap of a car -- they've got an even larger pumpkin pie on sale as well. On your way to the in-laws, pick one up. Don't waste time cooking up a pie when you can get Cool Whip and a Sam's Club pie on your way out of town. Save that other time for drinking a beer or bitching that you have to travel to the in-laws for Thanksgiving. ;D

Did you heat it up in the microwave and put a big plop of ice cream on top of it? (wipes slobber from mouth)

mikeb

Quote from: LSUFan on November 23, 2005, 10:46:01 am
The Drakehog family dug into the pie on Sunday, and let me tell you, for around $11 or whatever it was for this monstrosity, this is the way to go. No fuss, no muss, you might say. A perfectly cooked pie, which huge slices of pecans, thick karo filling, flaky pie crust.

Did you heat it up in the microwave and put a big plop of ice cream on top of it? (wipes slobber from mouth)
LSUFan you need to post that Banana Foster recipe in here bro

Jim Harris

well, that was the plan, until I noticed that Mrs. Drakehog had bought CHOCOLATE CHIP MINT. didn't seem like a good combination. ;D
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

LSUFan

Quote from: drakehog on November 23, 2005, 10:52:57 am

well, that was the plan, until I noticed that Mrs. Drakehog had bought CHOCOLATE CHIP MINT. didn't seem like a good combination. ;D

Damn dude, you coulda lied to us :'( ;D

LSUFan

Quote from: mikeb on November 23, 2005, 10:50:11 am

LSUFan you need to post that Banana Foster recipe in here bro

I posted it in the Taver, I'll try to find it.