Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Refs@#%$#@?

Started by razorbrass, March 15, 2009, 02:42:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorbrass

I can't believe how crappy the SEC refs are.  If you saw the last 1:00 of the SEC Championship game you saw a seasons worth of bad calls. And these are the best officials in the conference?  Can't anyone do something about this?  Could we swap with another conference for the tournament?  Would any conference even swap with us?  Grrrrr!!! 
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

Wayne Watson

Quote from: razorbrass on March 15, 2009, 02:42:07 pm
Would any conference even swap with us?

Agreed!  to answer your question, "Hell, no".
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Smokehouse

That last minute was awful, and the last ten seconds should get them all fired.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Hog Milanese

That last 9.6 seconds (in game time) of officiating was atrocious. It seemed absolutely random and haphazard.

"Whoops! We made a bad call! ... Rather than admit to it, let us make yet another ** call but for the opposing team's benefit!"

Table Rocker

the worst part is that is probably the 'best crew' we have considering they were assigned the championship game.

HOGSWEAT

It was sad all the way around. One of the worst I've seen recently.

mdwhe

The last 4 days, I've seen plenty of questionable calls in all of the conference tournaments that I've watched.  It appears that the SEC is not alone.  The Big East, ACC & Big 12 have all had some very questionable calls or no calls throughout their tournaments as well. 

HOGSWEAT

Quote from: mdwhe on March 15, 2009, 03:39:35 pm
The last 4 days, I've seen plenty of questionable calls in all of the conference tournaments that I've watched.  It appears that the SEC is not alone.  The Big East, ACC & Big 12 have all had some very questionable calls or no calls throughout their tournaments as well. 

Well watching the game today had a seasons worth compiled into about a 10 minute stretch.

beachhawg

That blew my mind.  I could not actually believe what I was seeing.  The last 5 minutes (I mean 9.3 seconds) was atrocious officiating at best. 

HogBreath

It was terrible, the SEC office needs to get their heads out of asses and get busy fixing this.  Do the different schools have no input?  A director of officials or someone to forward complaints too?  Seems reasonable enough the SEC PTB's would want to avoid the embarassment.  I just don't get it.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

N HOG

It was the worst I have ever seen.

They kept trying to do "makeup calls" for their previous mistakes and then got totally confused and lost all control.

But, then again, it was basically just SEC officiating on display.

HogBreath

Was it just me, or if the game had been called right, MSU would have won pretty easily?
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

N HOG

Quote from: HogBreath on March 15, 2009, 04:52:30 pm
Was it just me, or if the game had been called right, MSU would have won pretty easily?

That is correct.

The absolute worst call was when the Misstake player was pushed out of bounds and they gave TENN the ball.

BigSexyHog

Same story just a different day with the SEC refs.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

lovetthog1

The SEC officials have always been a freakin joke.

Wild Bill Hog

Don't most officials officiate games in more than one conference?

Table Rocker

LSU got a sh!tty draw too.

ICEman

Let's throw the clock operator under the bus as well.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

N HOG

Quote from: ICEman on March 15, 2009, 05:55:12 pm
Let's throw the clock operator under the bus as well.
\

Why?

He only forgot to start the clock THREE times in the last 10 seconds -- that's not so bad, is it?

Wayne Watson

Quote from: AR Taco04 on March 15, 2009, 03:41:28 pm
Well watching the game today had a seasons worth compiled into about a 10 minute stretch.

I hate your avatar.  Makes me want to go the Taco Tico.   ;)
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

BigSexyHog

Quote from: N HOG on March 15, 2009, 06:21:55 pm
\

Why?

He only forgot to start the clock THREE times in the last 10 seconds -- that's not so bad, is it?

I am not sure what the heck he was doing or thinking but if anyone lets him near the game clock again they should be fired on site.  I can see it once, but 3 times in a row??????????????  Only in the SEC
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

LRMedHawg

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on March 15, 2009, 05:33:56 pm
Don't most officials officiate games in more than one conference?

I don't think so.  Thats why you here all the talk when scheduling out of conference games about which conference refs are going to be coaching either the home or away game.  And remember the OU-Oregon game when the Pac-10 suspended those refs.

LRMedHawg

Quote from: N HOG on March 15, 2009, 04:55:58 pm
That is correct.

The absolute worst call was when the Misstake player was pushed out of bounds and they gave TENN the ball.

I thought that was one of the few good no calls.  Tha guy barely got bumped and was seeking the foul.  Did you watch the replay where he was looking at the ref the entire time.  The worst call was when the Prince started running with the ball like a runningback and they called a foul on MissStake.

jfred59

Quote from: HogBreath on March 15, 2009, 04:46:51 pm
It was terrible, the SEC office needs to get their heads out of asses and get busy fixing this.  Do the different schools have no input?  A director of officials or someone to forward complaints too?  Seems reasonable enough the SEC PTB's would want to avoid the embarassment.  I just don't get it.

The Head of Officials is guess what, a former SEC Official who will do whatever he has to do to protect his little buddies out there

Tripod1

Quote from: LRMedHawg on March 15, 2009, 06:52:07 pm
I don't think so.  Thats why you here all the talk when scheduling out of conference games about which conference refs are going to be coaching either the home or away game.  And remember the OU-Oregon game when the Pac-10 suspended those refs.
That's in football only in response to your statement about the OU-Oregon game.  In basketball many officials work SEC, ACC, Big East, Conference USA, Sun Belt.  They will have a "primary" conference and that conference gets first shot at them when assigning games.  Many of these officials go out on the road and work every night of the week within all those conferences. 
And YES, that was completely terrible the last minute of that game.  Complete loss of control and Phantom calls being made.  In reference to the clock operator, am I wrong when I say this.  Don't the officials start the clock themselves with a device they wear on their waist?  I have been out of officiating for awhile now but I am under the impression that they now have that device just for such problems as the clock deal at the end of the game yesterday.

ALLVOL

The worst ever officiating is in the SEC both in football and BB. We are the richest yet we have the worst. Its a shame.