Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

That play against Mizoo Burks pitch to Sanders

Started by Grunt, December 03, 2021, 01:35:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Grunt

I really liked that. Burks' execution unusually smooth. I wish we would add in plays with a bit more complexity. Not razzle-dazzle necessarily but a little trickier. I can understand the core pedestrian set that merely pits our execution and muscle against theirs, but much more could be done with a little finesse.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

26.2Hog

Burks running the option . . . a thing of beauty.

31to6

Quote from: Grunt on December 03, 2021, 01:35:41 pmI really liked that. Burks' execution unusually smooth. I wish we would add in plays with a bit more complexity. Not razzle-dazzle necessarily but a little trickier. I can understand the core pedestrian set that merely pits our execution and muscle against theirs, but much more could be done with a little finesse.
That play is an example of why he got SEC OPOW even though some other WR had better stats.

Burks affects the defense everytime he is on the field, whether it is the run game or the pass game. Most WRs contribution to the run game boils down to downfield blocking or pulling safeties. Burks does so much more that does not show up in a stat column.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: 31to6 on December 03, 2021, 01:43:17 pmThat play is an example of why he got SEC OPOW even though some other WR had better stats.

Burks affects the defense everytime he is on the field, whether it is the run game or the pass game. Most WRs contribution to the run game boils down to downfield blocking or pulling safeties. Burks does so much more that does not show up in a stat column.
yep... go watch the screen pass to Warren in the Missouri game... all eyes were on Burks.

31to6

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 03, 2021, 01:44:47 pmyep... go watch the screen pass to Warren in the Missouri game... all eyes were on Burks.
And he was just as happy about Warren's play as he was about his own TD.

Pretty refreshing in the age of "i gotta get mine".

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: 31to6 on December 03, 2021, 01:45:54 pmAnd he was just as happy about Warren's play as he was about his own TD.

Pretty refreshing in the age of "i gotta get mine".
yep.. does nothing but celebrate and thank his teammates

mevskithog

This may be the understatement of the century, but we are really going to miss that guy.
Whatever team he ends up on in the NFL will gain a new fan.

OkieBack

Quote from: Grunt on December 03, 2021, 01:35:41 pmI really liked that. Burks' execution unusually smooth. I wish we would add in plays with a bit more complexity. Not razzle-dazzle necessarily but a little trickier. I can understand the core pedestrian set that merely pits our execution and muscle against theirs, but much more could be done with a little finesse.
I agree.  That play and the swing pass to Warren that almost went for a TD.  Now detractors of Briles needs to keep this in mind.  Not ONLY does Briles use our big weapons...but he can also disguise plays and use our stars as decoys to get the defense to loosen up to help the play along. 

RebelliousHog

Quote from: mevskithog on December 03, 2021, 02:06:55 pmThis may be the understatement of the century, but we are really going to miss that guy.

Not ALL teams.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Pork Ranger

Quote from: mevskithog on December 03, 2021, 02:06:55 pmThis may be the understatement of the century, but we are really going to miss that guy.

Yeah I'm a Chiefs fan through and through but I'll root for that kid wherever he lands.... Hopefully it's the Chiefs

Paul

that play would've been a great 2 pt conversion call ::) 

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Pork Ranger on December 03, 2021, 09:53:16 pmYeah I'm a Chiefs fan through and through but I'll root for that kid wherever he lands.... Hopefully it's the Chiefs
i hope so lol

hawg IQ

we run that play against ol miss on 2 point conversion, we would be 9-3
go hogs go !

TebowHater

We ran the same play vs Mizzou last year actually as well. Last time we ran it.

TebowHater

Quote from: hawg IQ on December 04, 2021, 08:18:57 amwe run that play against ol miss on 2 point conversion, we would be 9-3

You're assuming people actually make their block, which didn't happen vs Ole Miss on the called play either. The called play woulda scored easy even if only one person missed their block instead of 2-3.

liljo

You bet.
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.