Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If these ref's are disciplined, will we ever hear about it??

Started by Boarcephus, October 18, 2009, 08:22:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarcephus

What's done is done but I would like to know if they suffer any consequences. 

I'm not sure what the penalties should be but since I'm a death penalty proponent hanging is not out of the realm of possibility.  ;)  I know most of this is kept in house but there always seems to be a way some of it slips out.
I'd love to know if they get their hands slapped or get bonuses. 

I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

SteveInArk

Quote from: Boarcephus on October 18, 2009, 08:22:02 pm

I'm not sure what the penalties should be but since I'm a death penalty proponent hanging is not out of the realm of possibility.  ;)  I know most of this is kept in house but there always seems to be a way some of it slips out.

As for discipline, I doubt we would ever hear--because I doubt it ever happens.... but "occasionally", the SEC admits a call was not proper... case in point.  The Back Judge (Michael Watson) for our "loss" at Florida was the one that called the excessive celebration personal foul on Georgia's AJ Green against LSU a couple of weeks ago. 

"Upon further review from a different angle, SEC director of officials Rogers Redding said it looked as though the receiver merely stumbled on his way back to the sideline, but his motion was misinterpreted.

'I don't have any doubt the official reacted to what he saw in an honest way,' Redding said."

http://www.daytondailynews.com/dayton-sports/does-ncaa-stand-for-no-celebrating-at-all-334704.html

Yeah, right!
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

CowHog

the refs should be tarred and feathered in public as far as i am concerned

HamHands

We will be told it will be handled "internally" but they will get a high five and a free lunch behind closed doors! The precious Gators are still undefeated, the zebras did their job and the office knows it!
One day at a time.

Boarcephus

That didn't take long.  First 5 minutes of the show.  This won't die anytime soon.  Good job by BP for speaking his mind.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

HamHands

Dang! Now our players have to be careful and not stumble after a touchdown.

Quote from: SteveInArk on October 18, 2009, 08:43:55 pm
As for discipline, I doubt we would ever hear--because I doubt it ever happens.... but "occasionally", the SEC admits a call was not proper... case in point.  The Back Judge (Michael Watson) for our "loss" at Florida was the one that called the excessive celebration personal foul on Georgia's AJ Green against LSU a couple of weeks ago. 

"Upon further review from a different angle, SEC director of officials Rogers Redding said it looked as though the receiver merely stumbled on his way back to the sideline, but his motion was misinterpreted.

'I don't have any doubt the official reacted to what he saw in an honest way,' Redding said."

http://www.daytondailynews.com/dayton-sports/does-ncaa-stand-for-no-celebrating-at-all-334704.html

Yeah, right!
One day at a time.

615hawg

Quote from: Boarcephus on October 18, 2009, 08:22:02 pm

I doubt anything comes out, not from the SEC at least. They don't wanna admit they paid the refs to help keep Florida from losing
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL NO!"
-Bluto, "Animal House"

Pecos Hog

These clowns should never officiate in the SEC again - PERIOD!

Justifiable Hogicide

Disciplined?
These skunks did just what the SEC hierarchy wanted...preserve #1 Florida's roll to the BCS.

scorekeeper

Quote from: Pecos Hog on October 18, 2009, 09:10:22 pm
These clowns should never officiate in the SEC again - PERIOD!
Correction. These clowns shouldn't officiate flag football.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

ronmahony

Twice in one year? They ought to at least fire them in public.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

pesterhog

Hog Waller

They're not getting disciplined.  If anything they will get better year end evaluations, bonuses, perks, etc...they followed they're orders to the T.  The fat cats at the SEC office are smiling right now.

NWASooner

Probably not.  The worst case of NCAA officiating in history was the Oregon/OU refs from a few years ago.  In that case, they were suspended for the rest of the year, at which point their contracts were not renewed.  As for a public flogging, that never happened.

Bad calls are a part of football.  They happen all the time.  We can be thankful for instant replay but until fans, networks, and conferences demand better, nothing will change.

Boarcephus

Quote from: NWASooner on October 18, 2009, 10:25:47 pm
Probably not.  The worst case of NCAA officiating in history was the Oregon/OU refs from a few years ago.  In that case, they were suspended for the rest of the year, at which point their contracts were not renewed.  As for a public flogging, that never happened.

I could live with this as long as word leaked out they were suspened.  How long did it take for this to happen to the OU/Oregon refs?  Were they suspended the following week or so?

PowderedToastMan

Disciplined?  They have probably collected a pay raise for trying to make sure that Florida and Alabama are both undefeated going to the SEC Championship game.
WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!!!

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: NWASooner on October 18, 2009, 10:25:47 pm

Bad calls are a part of football.  They happen all the time.  We can be thankful for instant replay but until fans, networks, and conferences demand better, nothing will change.
agreed, that call the hurt OU v Oregon was horrible...but we had 3 of them....one, the personal foul call against Malcolm Sheppard was a total mystery, what the ref is saying is that Sheppard must stand in place and let a 330 lb OL clean his clock at full speed
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

HamShank

Everyone needs to write a courteous BUT FIRM hand-written letter to Rogers Redding and put it in the mail this morning.  People still read hand-written letters because they're such an anomaly in today's world.  If the Hog and Hogville faithful come out in force, they might actually do something.

Ask them to review specific plays, remind them that this is the same crew from LSU/Georgia that has already been disciplined, and be short and sweet.

Letters would most likely arrive tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest in Birmingham.  Let's see if we can get a reaction.   

NWASooner

Quote from: Boarcephus on October 19, 2009, 05:33:31 am
I could live with this as long as word leaked out they were suspened.  How long did it take for this to happen to the OU/Oregon refs?  Were they suspended the following week or so?

I think it took a week or so for the Oregon refs to get suspended.  (It was with pay for what it's worth.)  In the offseason, it was done very quietly but their contracts were not renewed.  There were other factors besides the bad calls, though.  ABC/ESPN caught them lying about what went on in the instant replay booth. 

The refs in the Arkansas/UF game probably won't be punished at all, though.  There are calls that bad and worse all the time and nothing happens.  Arizona got totally screwed two weeks ago against UW and nothing happened there. 

The only other instance I remember of disciplinary action (now that I think of it) was a few years ago in the West Virginia/Pitt game.  WVU was in the running to play in the national title game but was losing to Pitt.  The refs game WVU some huge calls in the end that were more than obvious.  From what I understand, the NCAA called the Big East office and basically told them that if they wanted to be a real conference, get serious about this.

In the end, though, nothing will happen.

hogcard1964

Quote from: ROAD HOGG on October 18, 2009, 09:11:20 pm
We shouldn't just allow this to pass. I would demand something from the league office for the PF call on Sheppard. That call was straight up dishonest.

Is anything being done about this at all?

hoglife

Won't be jack done about it.

Ref tackled Garcia (South Carolina's QB) last season and NOTHIGN was done about it. Just a lame excuse that everyone could clearly see was a lie.