Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Showdown and All Star races

Started by ImHogginIt, May 20, 2016, 02:16:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ImHogginIt

May not see any racing this weekend. Scattered storms all weekend  :'(

ImHogginIt

Hell of a race in the showdown. Especially the last segment. Glad Chase got in on vote but sucks second driver in on vote is Danica and not Ryan. We at least know what driver will finish #20 tonight.

ricepig

Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 21, 2016, 11:36:43 am
Hell of a race in the showdown. Especially the last segment. Glad Chase got in on vote but sucks second driver in on vote is Danica and not Ryan. We at least know what driver will finish #20 tonight.

It could be the driver she wrecks, first........

ImHogginIt

ImHogginIt

ImHogginIt

Buff

Someone tell me when the darned intros are over

ImHogginIt

I have been searching for a fav since Martin retired. I'm really close to choosing Joey since so many inbreds want to boo him. He races so much like their hero Dale, Sr but they are to dumb to see it.

ricepig

Quote from: Buff on May 21, 2016, 08:18:56 pm
Someone tell me when the darned intros are over

I always Google the actual start times for NASCAR races, I don't need 1 1/2 hrs of endless talking.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: ricepig on May 21, 2016, 08:31:41 pm
I always Google the actual start times for NASCAR races, I don't need 1 1/2 hrs of endless talking.

You just google away cause we've been in a rain delay . Wait... Joe Gibbs is giving our prayer now so we're close. Praise The Lord !

Dannele Trotta's baby makin' hips !  :P

click pic to enlarge  :-*

Buff

Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 21, 2016, 08:21:20 pm
I have been searching for a fav since Martin retired. I'm really close to choosing Joey since so many inbreds want to boo him. He races so much like their hero Dale, Sr but they are to dumb to see it.

Chase Elliot is going to be one of my favorites going forward as well

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buff on May 21, 2016, 09:18:51 pm
Chase Elliot is going to be one of my favorites going forward as well

Yep. He's gonna need some media folks to help him on his interviews though. He's probably pretty shy naturally which is making him come across as a little stand offish at this point unfortunately.

Buff

Sometimes it's like these guys are TRYING to wreck

hoghelmet14

Proud to be an American!  Proud to be an Arkansas Razorback Fan!

ImHogginIt

Tony Stewart is the biggest crybaby in the history of NASCAR.   Poor wittle wussy.

Buff

In hindsight, Tony's comments are indicative of a big problem.  When the commentators and even the drivers aren't sure what's going on, maybe it's time to stop changing the rules every other week.  And what's up with flipping the field and then running only 14 laps to the end?  What other sport rewards running in the middle of the pack?

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buff on May 22, 2016, 10:24:53 am
In hindsight, Tony's comments are indicative of a big problem.  When the commentators and even the drivers aren't sure what's going on, maybe it's time to stop changing the rules every other week.  And what's up with flipping the field and then running only 14 laps to the end?  What other sport rewards running in the middle of the pack?

The drivers council suggested changes to NASCAR to make the race interesting because fans had been complaining about how boring the All Star race had become the last number of years. Drivers had input and now want to cry. Same thing with the lug nut issue. They wanted NASCAR to do something about cars not using all the lug nuts so NASCAR acted only to find teams still trying to cheat on the issue.

Racinray

Not trying to hijack your thread here but hopefully now FS1 knows why NHRA doesn't work live. I love to see it live but the delays are killers.

hawginbigd1

I think NASCAR blew it, when they had the 20 violate the rule, he should have been held, let the cars in front of the 2 or 19 come around and catch up to the back of the field, an then had the mandatory stop. They were only a lap down because the 20 didn't follow the rules, they all paid a price because the 20 cheated! The race would have been a lot more exciting if there had been 16 or 17 lead lap cars making the 4 tire guys start in the 3rd or 4th rows on back instead of in the 2nd row.

I always pull for the under dog, which is why I wanted Larson to hold on. From all the racing I did see yesterday I think the 21 had the best car, I am a big fan, wish he could have been in instead of that sorry 10 driver!

ImHogginIt

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on May 22, 2016, 03:17:58 pm
I think NASCAR blew it, when they had the 20 violate the rule, he should have been held, let the cars in front of the 2 or 19 come around and catch up to the back of the field, an then had the mandatory stop. They were only a lap down because the 20 didn't follow the rules, they all paid a price because the 20 cheated! The race would have been a lot more exciting if there had been 16 or 17 lead lap cars making the 4 tire guys start in the 3rd or 4th rows on back instead of in the 2nd row.

I always pull for the under dog, which is why I wanted Larson to hold on. From all the racing I did see yesterday I think the 21 had the best car, I am a big fan, wish he could have been in instead of that sorry 10 driver!

That was the plan but was screwed up by the 20 car. We still saw a very exciting race and passing in the final lap/laps. Something that had not been happening in recent years.

They need a new rule that says you can't win the fan vote unless you are in the top 20 in points

hawginbigd1

Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 22, 2016, 03:23:43 pm
That was the plan but was screwed up by the 20 car. We still saw a very exciting race and passing in the final lap/laps. Something that had not been happening in recent years.

They need a new rule that says you can't win the fan vote unless you are in the top 20 in points
I was thinking along the same lines on the fan vote, I was thinking maybe you needed to finish in the top 5,to 8 in the showdown also to be eligible.