Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

june sux for sports

Started by ComeonHogs!!!, June 17, 2006, 11:33:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ComeonHogs!!!

I am going crazy waiting for spring practice... I want to say sorry to all incoming frosh football players for topics of late. I am just bored.  :-\
State Pride!!!

hawgette

i feel you, but spring practice already happpened  ;)

ComeonHogs!!!

:::))) damn I am in a funk....two a days..thanks!!
State Pride!!!

rzrbaxfan

I am excited that on Sunday mornings the SUN network is replaying Fla games to "countdown to the season" and I hate Fla....so that shows how desperate I am to see some football!  At least its SEC football.

mikeirwin

I agree. Almost nothing we can discuss right now with regard to the Hog football team is based on current information.
Speculation is okay but speculation based on old information is what we are reduced to right now.
Bring on August.

GrizzledHogFan

Come on, it's not that bad (yet).  Right now you can watch the NHL finals, the NBA finals, the World Cup, etc.  And the CFL preseason has started, which helps me out.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

rzrbaxfan

QuoteCome on, it's not that bad (yet).  Right now you can watch the NHL finals, the NBA finals, the World Cup, etc.  And the CFL preseason has started, which helps me out.

I'd watch a reply of ANY college football game over the NHL or World Cup, but thats just me. 

Speaking of the CFL, I found some of that on one of my sports channels last night.  Anybody have a quick scoop on any former hogs and the teams they may be on?

WindyCityHog

Get out more....

Grab a fishing pole.....

The largemouth action is excellent up here...

But I'm with you.....I love the MLB....but September seems a long way off.

mikeirwin

What we need right now are some NCAA approved summer 11 on 11 passing camps with a pass rush.
The Hogs would have an advantge. They've already played touch football in the spring game.
How about Arkansas vs Texas, Mitch against that pud head Snead ?
That would give us something to talk about.
Get him Mitch. Blow his a*s into the weeds.

ammohog

I would pay good money to see that!
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: rzrbaxfan on June 17, 2006, 12:47:59 pm
Speaking of the CFL, I found some of that on one of my sports channels last night.  Anybody have a quick scoop on any former hogs and the teams they may be on?

Carl Kidd, LB for BC Lions
Fred Childress, G for Saskatchewan Roughriders
Gavin Walls, DE for Winnipeg Blue Bombers
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

ComeonHogs!!!

Me too!! It would kinda have a spring training (ala baseball )feel to it! sitting back watching everthing on the field. man that would be a blast

State Pride!!!

hogtheball

Quote from: ammohog on June 17, 2006, 01:11:44 pm
I would pay good money to see that!

Most of us would pay good money just to watch Mitch and Damian play catch in the back yard this summer.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

Hollywood_HOGan

June 17, 2006, 01:27:20 pm #13 Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 01:53:59 pm by Hollywood_HOGan
Quote from: ComeonHogs!!! on June 17, 2006, 11:33:27 am

I am going crazy waiting for spring practice... I want to say sorry to all incoming frosh football players for topics of late. I am just bored.  :-\

Its gotten so bad for me, Im starting to watch those Nutt shows from last year on the zone. I am just addicted to football this time of year.

Watched Vandy and South Carolina. Man he mangaged those games so terrible but we had some real BS calls against us.

"Boy Paul, i just cant comment on that. Keep those flags in your pocket."

I happen to like the above quote. Those refs were horrid in those two games!

"If we would have just made that catch there."  "Man alive, make that tackle Randy!"

"We're so close Paul, we are right there." I actually kind of agree here. IMO we arent as bad as our record last year. Just terrible coaching lost a couple games we should have won.

I happened to watch the LSU game Nutt show and I forgot how much better our defense got. Our DL made some big time penetrations!  Gotta love that Reggie Herring hire.

Bring on August!

rzrbaxfan

QuoteCarl Kidd, LB for BC Lions
Fred Childress, G for Saskatchewan Roughriders
Gavin Walls, DE for Winnipeg Blue Bombers

I appreciate that. +1 for your time.

QuoteGet out more....

Grab a fishing pole.....

The largemouth action is excellent up here...

I'm doing that...but what do you do when you are fishing and your mind wonders off and the only thing you can think about is 'how much longer till football season??'  ;D

bro.coach

Quote from: hogtheball on June 17, 2006, 01:25:58 pm

Most of us would pay good money just to watch Mitch and Damian play catch in the back yard this summer.

I'd pay!

the donger

Quote from: rzrbaxfan on June 17, 2006, 12:47:59 pm
QuoteCome on, it's not that bad (yet).  Right now you can watch the NHL finals, the NBA finals, the World Cup, etc.  And the CFL preseason has started, which helps me out.

I'd watch a reply of ANY college football game over the NHL or World Cup, but thats just me. 

[/qu

texasssucks

This time of the year just sucks for sports.  I'm a football and basketball fan.  I like the MLB but I happen to be a Braves fan and I hate watching them all year and then getting disapointed in September that just sucks.  I just can not wait until football season and to find out when Mitch will be put into the game, and I can not wait to see how he does.  Go Hogs Go!!!

Macgyver Hawg

June 18, 2006, 09:57:02 am #18 Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 09:59:57 am by Macgyver Hawg
Soon it will be the dog days of summer.  You know when even the pool is too warm and you've already had enough sun to last you?  I usually come in from outside - try to make it as cool as possible in the house and put in a Razorback game tape.

Then the talk of 2 a days start and the excitement begins and looking at these pictures you feel like it's almost Christmas.

As a child summer was my favorite time of the year (along with the snow days).  Not anymore.  The College Football season wins hands down.

WindyCityHog

Agreed Macgyver....

Those pics make me a little forlorn....and I hate the heat of summer.

As for the fishing.....I have a topwater that is in the shape of a Razorback....

Have never used it because I'm afraid I would lose it....

Sort of like HDN's passing game philosophy ;)

Oh wait...that was a slam on HDN....

My apologies.

HDN coaches a fine running game.

Macgyver Hawg

WindyCityHog

There are no "fresh" places on my keyboard to chomp down on....

It's scarred.