Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Foghorn's showing Taylor Fight

Started by foghornshog, June 17, 2006, 12:29:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

foghornshog

For those of you in Fayetteville, I will be showing the fight at Foghorn's.  Please get there early for a seat.  I have been capacity plus for all his fights.  $10 cover at the door.  Call 527-9464 if you need directions.  Inside and outside seating.

cmevere1027

foghornshog

Wow.  I didn't think I would have to go there.  If you are a commercial establishment, i.e. bar or restaurant, you must pay a closed circuit price.  Just go check out yahoo search on this.  I can't even show any HBO events period!  Satellite, cable, or whatever.  Guys in N.Y. are being sued over showing the Sopranos or Sex in the City.  It's a whole new ballgame when you are a business.  I got the last fight cheaper on PPv and it still cost me over a grand, hence a $5 cover.  For this one, I had to purchase the entire season of HBO "regular" Saturday night boxing events.  Trust me, I have paid up several grand to get this.  So big deal, I eat some of it.  There is only one other bar in town showing this that I know of, and it is $10 in advance and $15 at the door.  Go ahead and tell me how many bars will have this at all, and for that for free.  Please check your facts.  If you want to play the underhanded card and try to pull it off, it could be a $25,000 fine or more, not worth it in my book.  But please do some research on this, I am not in business to rip anyone off.  If it was free to me, i would never take advantage of my customers.

cmevere1027

ok i didnt mean any disrespect in any way, and thanks for showing the fight sounds like your doing a really good thing there by spending all that money so some of us can see the fight, and by the way foghorns has the best wings in town, if you go try the GOLD wings their the best

foghornshog

Thank you.  I didn't mean to come off wrong, but most people really don't know how they stick it to businesses.  By popular demand I am showing the fight.  I hate charging a cover because that is not what my place is about, but for events like this, I would lose my shirt if I didn't.  I will be leaving at 8:30 in the am, and will be sitting in section j.  "nosebleed"  but I will be there.  I worked 75 hours this week already.  Gold is good, but try habanero honey, that is my favorite.  Come by and introduce yourself, I am Jeff.

Rooster Hawgburn

Quote from: foghornshog on June 17, 2006, 12:41:35 am
Wow.  I didn't think I would have to go there.  If you are a commercial establishment, i.e. bar or restaurant, you must pay a closed circuit price.  Just go check out yahoo search on this.  I can't even show any HBO events period!  Satellite, cable, or whatever.  Guys in N.Y. are being sued over showing the Sopranos or Sex in the City.  It's a whole new ballgame when you are a business.  I got the last fight cheaper on PPv and it still cost me over a grand, hence a $5 cover.  For this one, I had to purchase the entire season of HBO "regular" Saturday night boxing events.  Trust me, I have paid up several grand to get this.  So big deal, I eat some of it.  There is only one other bar in town showing this that I know of, and it is $10 in advance and $15 at the door.  Go ahead and tell me how many bars will have this at all, and for that for free.  Please check your facts.  If you want to play the underhanded card and try to pull it off, it could be a $25,000 fine or more, not worth it in my book.  But please do some research on this, I am not in business to rip anyone off.  If it was free to me, i would never take advantage of my customers.

First of all; Excuse my ignorance on this particular subject.

However, you are a Public establishment, right?

What if you made every person that entered your establishment sign their signature b/f entering? Wouldn't you then be a "private" establishment ???

I'm not trying to be a smart-azz! I am just wondering how it all works! I'd love to own a BAR one day... please educate a dumb-butt like me!  ;)

Thanx Fog!!!

foghornshog

Trust me, I would love to try to "skate" the rules.  When the Direct Tv installer comes in, he has a license to keep and he has to set you up commercial, even Cable is the same way.  I have checked every available outlet on all these events, and there really is no way to get around them.  You can try to skip the rules, but the penalties are way to harsh, and they do come after you.  I even have to pay BMI and ASCAP, b.s. music licensing organizations, for my musicians to play a "cover" song.  They will hit you hard and heavy if you don't.  Platinum in Fayetteville got busted $25,000 for playing songs in their jukebox since they quit paying the licensing fees to these guys.  You can't beat em.  Too much to risk, too litte to gain, i.e. the $10 buck cover.  Come by and say hello sometime.  We can talk about the Hogs!

Rooster Hawgburn

Quote from: foghornshog on June 17, 2006, 01:17:15 am
Trust me, I would love to try to "skate" the rules.  When the Direct Tv installer comes in, he has a license to keep and he has to set you up commercial, even Cable is the same way.  I have checked every available outlet on all these events, and there really is no way to get around them.  You can try to skip the rules, but the penalties are way to harsh, and they do come after you.  I even have to pay BMI and ASCAP, b.s. music licensing organizations, for my musicians to play a "cover" song.  They will hit you hard and heavy if you don't.  Platinum in Fayetteville got busted $25,000 for playing songs in their jukebox since they quit paying the licensing fees to these guys.  You can't beat em.  Too much to risk, too litte to gain, i.e. the $10 buck cover.  Come by and say hello sometime.  We can talk about the Hogs!

Thanx Fog! If I didn't have HBO I would be (more than) happy to ONLY pay $10 to see this fight! The fight will be well worth it. IMO! Let's see,,, Cheapest ticket is $75 in the NOSE-BLEED'S.....  OR pay ten $ and watch all the replay's, etc.., etc...

Seriously Fog... If I have anymore questions 'bout the "BAR" Business.... can I "PM" you ??? You seem to be "ON IT" when it comes to the RULES of the whole gig and such.

Thanx

razorrichard

Foghorn's is a great place to watch a fight. Great food and beer.

HogFansReunited

I would love to go.  Already promised my dad I could come visit him tonight in Pine Bluff though.  We will be watching the fight together but I wish it could be at foghorns.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

HOGLUVIN

about 15 of us hogvillians went here to watch the Regional. It was a great time. Great service, great food, great atmosphere! If you guys are in the mood to watch a sporting event, you have to either go see Jeff at Foghorns or Brad at Hutch's.

Both of these places/guys will go out of their way to make sure that you have a good time.

I am prolly going to watch it at the Garaje Mahal, but may come up with Shag to see it at Foghorns.

das450

Buffalo Wild Wings in Fay and BVille   have fight for free and plenty of televisions.

Here's the Bird !

pioneerbasketball

Quote from: das450 on June 17, 2006, 10:02:27 pm
Buffalo Wild Wings in Fay and BVille   have fight for free and plenty of televisions.

Here's the Bird !

Bville being?

pioneerbasketball

the donger

Quote from: pioneerbasketball on June 17, 2006, 10:06:08 pm
Quote from: das450 on June 17, 2006, 10:02:27 pm
Buffalo Wild Wings in Fay and BVille   have fight for free and plenty of televisions.

Here's the Bird !

Bville being?
Bentonville