Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BB Recruit ing

Started by Hums, June 16, 2006, 09:27:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hums

I appolgize if this has already been discussed, but I hope we are not making a mistake and offering the kid from Sdale a BB scholarship. Nothing against him but I find it hard to believe that we could not get a better player. With the limited # of scholarships we have I sure hope we did not waste one. I hope this is not a ploy to get Sanchez. We dont need to offer In State Kids unless they are going to be more than just a role player.
Remember when we had players from Elkins, Bald Nob, Mountain View and Palestine-Wheatley, not to good of team.
I hope I am wrong and will admit so if he proves to be top notch player.

trufanofhogs

I don't know. I must admit my first thoughts were similar to yours when I read in the paper this morning that he had been offered. But then I remembered seeing him play on television a couple of times last winter. I am no great evaluator of roundball talent, but I must admit he really stood out. He looked as dominant and every bit as good as Sanchez. Different type of player, but every bit as good. 6'5" to 6'6" very strong, athletic and skilled. Looks like a hard nosed, physical guy. But we really need Sanchez. He is a stud power forward.