Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks vs Arizona State

Started by Razorbacks#1, November 23, 2012, 05:29:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dsims2k3

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

alaback

alaback

alaback

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

hawgrunner

alaback

Ray Piggers

Didn't finish the half well at all. Here's hoping we got to their legs in the first and Powell plays well in the second.
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

alaback

Disappointing finish to the 1st half, but ASU is tired and should fold in the 2nd.

JonClaudeVanHam

Not too worried, we get Powell and Clarke back in the 2nd half and Arizona St will hit a wall.
"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently." - Nietzsche

alaback

dsims2k3

Let's pick it up in the second half and get into their legs.

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

The Hogfather

Quote from: alaback on November 23, 2012, 06:55:05 pm
ASU shot 63% from the field in the 1st half.

Largely because of bad defense/fouling.

azhog10

Refs are really bad. I swear its got to be a couple of thems first game ever. Madden looks good but Powell has to stay on the floor in the 2nd half. Only down two with havin to play Qualls and Williams most of the half. The Carson kid is legit tho.

The Hogfather

I absolutely hate the way refs call games now.  Nearly every game is unbearable to watch.  Every little ticky tack touch is called.

azhog10

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 23, 2012, 07:03:08 pm
I absolutely hate the way refs call games now.  Nearly every game is unbearable to watch.  Every little ticky tack touch is called.
its back and forth in this game. One wants to call it pretty loose but the other two are calling it tight.

dsims2k3

SteveInArk

- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

alaback

alaback

Hogs not rebounding well.  ASU to the line for 2 FTs.

alaback

Hogbody

alaback

SteveInArk

- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

JonClaudeVanHam

ASU is absolutely awful. We need to pick up the pace.
"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently." - Nietzsche

alaback

JonClaudeVanHam

Hog Milanese

mbgrulz

Somebody besides BJ is gonna have to score. Were desperate for some shot makers.

Aldo not getting enough stops to play our tempo.

hawgrunner

alaback

Hog Milanese

We still don't have enough size, I'm afraid... And the way refs call these games, our pressure is a liability.

mbgrulz

I realize it's just an ESPN 3 deal, but these guys are a joke. They know about as much basketball as I did when I was 13.

mbgrulz

Quote from: Hog Milanese on November 23, 2012, 07:21:25 pm
We still don't have enough size, I'm afraid... And the way refs call these games, our pressure is a liability.
Yes...refs are definitely calling ticky tack stuff.

alaback

JonClaudeVanHam

mbgrulz

It's getting re-GD-diculous the amount of times they get to the rim while we stand and look.

daprospecta

We are looking around a lot but they are calling a foul every time they drive.

alaback

pfrg999

All ASU has to do is drive and they get the foul.. Mike has got ALOT of coaching to do.. There are NO other Scorers on this team besides BJ, And no one will take a charge or even get in front of the player driving the lane..
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

The Hogfather

Unfortunately, we still aren't good.  This has been ugly.  ASU is not a good team.

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 23, 2012, 07:30:19 pm
Unfortunately, we still aren't good.  This has been ugly.  ASU is not a good team.

Based on pre-season projections. Results on the court are telling a different story.

Oliver

JonClaudeVanHam

We cannot even look at them. Meanwhile we can't drive on them and even hope for a foul.

Hog Milanese

We suck. Time to rip the cable out of the wall and call it a year. Arkansas is still Arkansas -- in every sport.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on November 23, 2012, 07:33:08 pm
Based on pre-season projections. Results on the court are telling a different story.

Because they beat a bunch of nobodies and are beating us?

hogman1974

Ricky Scott really hurts us when he's on the floor. Never hits an open shot.

bscinar

we need a poll started -- which officials are worse?
todays SEC football crew or whoever the morons are calling this game.

this is so one sided it is ridiculous