Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The tone on the board has changed tonight

Started by Arazorbackguy1, November 02, 2013, 10:09:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Arazorbackguy1

Feels good to score some points and have chances to get into the end zone.  These guys will learn how to win again and it will be a lot more fun!

The D is always the hardest to turn around and I think we will eventually.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Blue35

scarolinahog

I POST IN CAPS CAUSE I LOVE THE JOKES!

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Didn't see or hear a tone change. Suck!  Hey BB looked sweet with his fat ass in that wind breaker'
Let's make some waves.

jimmur74

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on November 02, 2013, 10:09:20 pm
Feels good to score some points and have chances to get into the end zone.  These guys will learn how to win again and it will be a lot more fun!

All the negative posts were deleted! You can't express your TRUE feelings anymore

BadHog

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

panhandlepig

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 02, 2013, 10:14:29 pm
Didn't see or hear a tone change. Suck!  Hey BB looked sweet with his fat ass in that wind breaker'

Post a picture of you coaching a Div 1 Sec Team. Better yet, post a picture of your fat ass doing anything. I love it when folks denigrate someone for their appearance. I automatically know they are FOS and probably fat and ugly.

Razorbacks#1

Truly sad you would say this.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Bowfishinghogfan

Sad but regardless of who to blame, this is where we are at. A feeling of pride that we had chances to score. It gets no lower than we are right now. We all are in this together. Forget blame we have got to head up immediately or we could be 6-10 years in nutt risqué at best results. 7 win seasons with some 5's and some 8 win seasons but that's the best we can hope for. Doesn't matter the coach unless we can hire a top 5 coach for what ever money . Regardless if it's 2 years or 4, this has to turnaround now. Top 10 at least is the only way to get back to top 3 in sec west and too 25 annual finish. Sucks but that's facts and history. This is AR football . Always has been . Occasional flans in pan with 2-3 studs but fluctuation is the norm with 7 wins is par for average

Marshfieldhog

Kind of get numb to a 10 game SEC losing streak...think about that

WashUhog6

;D

woopigsooie1222

People like you give me hope for humanity.
The South Will Rise Again!

doc53

Quote from: Bowfishinghogfan on November 02, 2013, 10:20:10 pmYep....
Sad but regardless of who to blame, this is where we are at. A feeling of pride that we had chances to score. It gets no lower than we are right now. We all are in this together. Forget blame we have got to head up immediately or we could be 6-10 years in nutt risqué at best results. 7 win seasons with some 5's and some 8 win seasons but that's the best we can hope for. Doesn't matter the coach unless we can hire a top 5 coach for what ever money . Regardless if it's 2 years or 4, this has to turnaround now. Top 10 at least is the only way to get back to top 3 in sec west and too 25 annual finish. Sucks but that's facts and history. This is AR football . Always has been . Occasional flans in pan with 2-3 studs but fluctuation is the norm with 7 wins is par for average
Yep ....we traded championships for money long ago.
I was THERE for the Pooch Kick

SemperFi

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on November 02, 2013, 10:13:35 pm
Agreed, but I am looking big picture.

Same here. Looking forward and having faith in the work that these coaches are doing. It's going to get better, far better. WPS!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

scarolinahog

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on November 02, 2013, 10:13:35 pm
Agreed, but I am looking big picture.

The big picture? 

We are fricked.  For a long time.

Totally lost what little faith I had in CBB tonight.  Penalties turnovers mistakes poor play calling.

This staff will never be successful at Arkansas.  NEVER!

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: Bowfishinghogfan on November 02, 2013, 10:20:10 pm

I think that you and I are close to the same age and seen the same Razorbacks over the years.  The one thing that gives me hope is that I believe there is a culture of change on the Hill.  Coach Broyles built a program but he focused more on fan friendly facilities and lessor facilities for the players.  The model played well in the 70s up to the mid 90s when the rush began to have more and more player friendly facilities.  As long as Coach Broyles felt we were a ninth value team in the SEC, we kept falling farther behind. 

Now we are attempting to upgrade both player friendly facilities and spend more money on recruiting.  All that you say about the past is true.  I hope that our choice to run a more SEC style program will provide results. 

We shall see.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

arcowboy

Quote from: scarolinahog on November 02, 2013, 10:30:25 pm

The big picture? 

Totally lost what little faith I had in CBB tonight.  Penalties turnovers mistakes poor play calling.

I totally agree with you.  3 to 4 more yrs of this, and Arkansas will take yrs and yrs to ever be considered a factor in NCAA football

hobhog

The big picture? 

Sell your tickets

hobhog

Quote from: arcowboy on November 02, 2013, 11:16:16 pm
I totally agree with you.  3 to 4 more yrs of this, and Arkansas will take yrs and yrs to ever be considered a factor in NCAA football

Sell your tickets

NuttinItUp

SMB Hogfan

You do realize that they have been outscored 149-24, the last 3 games. This team will not EVER learn how to win jack sheet.
Fender Stratocaster
Icom 2200H w/ D-Star
M2 Mac Mini 🍎

rhames

The big picture? 

So a coach who, before tonight has a 3-5 record this season, lost to a top 15, probably will be top 10 tomorrow night, with players he didn't recruit is what makes you think he won't get it done in the long term?

The team is getting better

We will make a bowl next year. Give him time. You're stuck with him for at least three more seasons. Might as well go all in

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

WilsonHog

Quote from: jimmur74 on November 02, 2013, 10:15:05 pm
All the negative posts were deleted! You can't express your TRUE feelings anymore

No, all the negative people did get to express their "true feelings." Got to type and post them for every like-minded anti-Razorback fan to revel in.

THEN they were removed so the rest of us wouldn't have to suffer that drivel.

Fayettechill14

No one likes losing, but the worst people was especially irked at how little effort we showed during the 104-0 stretch.

It was improvement to see a team fighting. They haven't given up and they won't. We'll beat MSU, go 4-8, and be better next year. It's time to end the funk around this program, and I'm happy that we didn't fold down 28-3 tonight.

Tusks

If the hogs aren't careful they are going to become an ole miss program.  and the UA doesn't have a cool place on campus to party.

a program is what it settles for.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

The Artist Yo Huckleberry

Fayettechill14

Quote from: tusked on November 03, 2013, 12:22:48 am
If the hogs aren't careful they are going to become an ole miss program.  and the UA doesn't have a cool place on campus to party.

Baby steps. There's a fine line between "embracing the process" and "settling for mediocrity." Continue to raise the expectations but don't expect any miracles.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: The Artist Yo Huckleberry on November 03, 2013, 12:24:05 am
You can't GIVE AWAY tickets in Fayetteville.

Actually the crowd was decent. Left early and missed some of the best parts, but I wasn't that disappointed.

jamie72921

The coaches finally gave us fans to reason to have hope again tonight.

They pulled out all the stops and for the most part had our guys ready to play.

As one who has rightfully criticized this staff for the last month and half, I have to give them Kudos tonight.

Sure some things could have been better, but the coaching was leading the way as these guys didn't lay down tonight. They just got beat.

I feel better about the staff tonight. I hope/expect to see this trend continue.
Bless your heart

cosmodrum

It's one thing to be a [CENSORED] who can't handle playing a sport. It is quite another to be a [CENSORED] that candle watching a sport.

Go away, batin'

Fayettechill14

Quote from: jamie72921 on November 03, 2013, 01:35:44 am

As one who has rightfully criticized this staff for the last month and half, I have to give them Kudos tonight.

Sure some things could have been better, but the coaching was leading the way as these guys didn't lay down tonight. They just got beat.

I feel better about the staff tonight. I hope/expect to see this trend continue.

Hey we agree! First time for everything!

And yes, I agree. I think people are more likely to be patient if they see a team hungry and trying rather than laying down. There's nothing positive to take from a 52-7 loss, but there's more to be excited about even in a loss if you see a balanced offense, a defense that showed a little spark, and coaches willing to mix things up.

Imagine, if Allen doesn't get hurt and Derby come in and lose two turnovers, and we score on the goal-line, and we recover Marshall's fumble in the fourth, we may win the game. I feel like we're so close to making those breaks go our way. Regardless, I'm back to thinking that we're somewhat competitive next week and then beat Mississippi State. 4-8 sucks but sitting there watching the seniors run out before the game and realizing how little talent we're losing gives me hope.

Torqued pork

We've got a ways to go, but if you don't feel at least a little more hopeful after tonight it's because you don't want to. Enjoy your misery.

pfrg999

Go back and look an the "Smiley the Clown" comments... They sound a lot like the ones today... Wait till next yearNext year, no players, poor recruiting, bad coaching, bad execution... Season is nearly over..only three more chances to break out 10 games SEC losing streak for this year..
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Dirty

WPS007

Has to be an impostor, can`t be jamie 

Dirty

Who are you and what have you done with Jamie?

Will the real Jamie please stand up!

Capt. Hamm

Good post.

scarolinahog

Wow. EXACTLY what I was thinking.

What a shame.

secfan30

Quote from: panhandlepig on November 02, 2013, 10:18:31 pm
Post a picture of you coaching a Div 1 Sec Team. Better yet, post a picture of your fat ass doing anything. I love it when folks denigrate someone for their appearance. I automatically know they are FOS and probably fat and ugly.
usually have micropenis syndrome as well.

ifghog

Good for u. U have been very critical. I agree. We looked better but our back 7 may be the worst in D1. Thank u for being positive. I think u are a sharp poster but always so much negativity. I know u don't care what I think but good to see this 

Ironhawg

I saw where negative comments were removed by the mods.  Don't really care about the comments being removed.   If someone is being negative at least they still care enough to express an opinion.  What I worry about is what effect a couple more years of this kind of losing is going to have on the fan base.   I am concerned that the negative comments will disappear and be replaced by apathy.  I don't want to see happen to football what happened to basketball after Nolan was fired.

Burt B.

take a break and log off

bigbadhog

It was nice to see a little fight tonight.
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

hog911

We are not even competitive! Before you can win you have to be able to compete! Mark my words we will be 3-9 this season and also 3-9 next season! At best BB will be 2-14 in the SEC after two seasons! We won't break five hundred over the next three seasons! How many bottom feeding years are acceptable? I just want to thank Jeff "integrity" Long for making sure we won't  even be deceit in the next decade!