Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Planned Razorback Road widening: Room for West side RRS facade expansion? Link

Started by RedSkiesAtNightHog, April 05, 2013, 08:32:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Looks like this is about to start.  Are they coordinating this with the U of A so that the West side facade expansion of RRS can finally be finished? 

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2013/apr/05/residents-see-plans-planned-razorback-widening/

Mike Irwin

That's an interesting question. I know of no plans to deal with the ugly side of the stadium. The north endzone project is next because it will bring in extra revenue.

Finishing the west facade is cosmetic.

Nonetheless it's been ridiculous ever since Frank expanded RRS. It's like a guy who improves the sides and back of his house while leaving the front to look like crap.

FaytownHog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 05, 2013, 09:07:32 pm
It's like a guy who improves the sides and back of his house while leaving the front to look like crap.
Well said! And the more nice things we build and put up around it the worse it makes that side of the stadium look!

FaytownHog

I can't access the article and don't want paid info posted but does anyone know when they plan on starting the project and completing it?

GuvHog

That's an interesting question. I know of no plans to deal with the ugly side of the stadium. The north endzone project is next because it will bring in extra revenue.

Nonetheless it's been ridiculous ever since Frank expanded RRS. It's like a guy who improves the sides and back of his house while leaving the front to look like crap.

I heard that Frank was thoroughly pissed off when he was told that they couldn't finish the West side Facade.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

booogaga

Someone skim over the article and tell us what was said. I don't want to pay.
GO HOGS!

Root66

Actually, the plans call for a tunnel to be bored through both ends of the west stands and a new traffic lane for Razorback Road constructed through the west concourse underneath the stands. Valet Parking will be available. ;)

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Thanks Mike, glad to hear someone else is frustrated by the non finished appearance of RRS.  From a purely recruiting perspective, you want your stadium to look as nice as possible.  The very first time a high school kid drives around the stadium with his parents makes an impression.  You don't get a second chance for a first impression. 

I just think with the completion of the new football center and the upcoming expansion of Razorback Road, this is the perfect time to finish the facade on the West side.  Any chance you could ask Jeff Long about this and then get back to us? 

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: RedSkiesAtNightHog on April 08, 2013, 10:45:25 am
Thanks Mike, glad to hear someone else is frustrated by the non finished appearance of RRS.  From a purely recruiting perspective, you want your stadium to look as nice as possible.  The very first time a high school kid drives around the stadium with his parents makes an impression.  You don't get a second chance for a first impression. 

I just think with the completion of the new football center and the upcoming expansion of Razorback Road, this is the perfect time to finish the facade on the West side.  Any chance you could ask Jeff Long about this and then get back to us?
This^^^

It'd be a TERRIBLE failure to not make right the ghastly west side of RRS. seriously.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Bottom line, I am tired of the West side of RRS looking like a foxhole at Bastogne! 

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Does anyone have an update on the Razorback Road expansion and the possible completion of the RRS west side facade? 

bigbadhog

Might want to win an SEC game before we plan on spending more money on anything...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Hog Fan...DOH!

More than anything those concourses on the West side need to be widened.  I'm thinking we need someone to donate around $300mil for a tunnel, underground garage, expanded tailgating, and west side expansion.  That's of course on top of the $100 mil we need for closing in the NEZ.  Sound good?

Tusks

let me sell some stock and I'll send it right over.   :P

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on December 29, 2013, 04:12:00 pm
More than anything those concourses on the West side need to be widened.  I'm thinking we need someone to donate around $300mil for a tunnel, underground garage, expanded tailgating, and west side expansion.  That's of course on top of the $100 mil we need for closing in the SEZ.  Sound good?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

ricepig

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on December 29, 2013, 04:12:00 pm
More than anything those concourses on the West side need to be widened.  I'm thinking we need someone to donate around $300mil for a tunnel, underground garage, expanded tailgating, and west side expansion.  That's of course on top of the $100 mil we need for closing in the SEZ.  Sound good?

NEZ, but yes, sounds good.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: bigbadhog on December 29, 2013, 03:23:06 pm
Might want to win an SEC game before we plan on spending more money on anything...

How about you quit being a Richard.

BPsTheMan

widening RR is part of the north end zone project

they're not exclusive of each other

hobhog

Need to improve the west concourses also. Complete cluster getting in and out, and concessions are nightmare.

bigbadhog

Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: RedSkiesAtNightHog on April 05, 2013, 08:32:57 pm
Looks like this is about to start.  Are they coordinating this with the U of A so that the West side facade expansion of RRS can finally be finished? 

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2013/apr/05/residents-see-plans-planned-razorback-widening/

WAY, WAY, WAY past due.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Cosmetics do matter sometimes......................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HogScoutMaster

I agree, lets win some games so that we can get some DECENT recruits and then worry about the LIPSTICK !!!
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DewUar88 on December 30, 2013, 01:15:47 pm
I agree, lets win some games so that we can get some DECENT recruits and then worry about the LIPSTICK !!!

Lipstick may matter to some recruits..........................................

HogScoutMaster

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 30, 2013, 01:21:43 pm
Lipstick may matter to some recruits…………………………………...

So does uni's but has that helped us either?
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

ricepig

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DewUar88 on December 30, 2013, 01:49:38 pm
So does uni's but has that helped us either?

It won't when 99% of schools do it. But if you do NOT do it you may get farther behind.

GuvHog

Quote from: hobhog on December 29, 2013, 09:04:26 pm
Need to improve the west concourses also. Complete cluster getting in and out, and concessions are nightmare.

The ground floor Concourse isn't all that bad but the second level concourse is absolutely ridiculous.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Hogblog

DoctorSusscrofa

I want to recruit players who are more interested on the inside of the stadium than the outside.  If we're recruiting players based on whether they think the color of the bricks out by the street is pretty or not we're in trouble.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Terry (GUVHOG) Holcomb on December 30, 2013, 02:14:08 pm
The ground floor Concourse isn't all that bad but the second level concourse is absolutely ridiculous.
I talked to Jeff Long about this at the BB game Saturday night. He's knows it's a problem but it would be an expensive fix. Right now, any improvements to RSS will have to generate additional revenues to justify the expense.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on December 30, 2013, 03:31:49 pm
I talked to Jeff Long about this at the BB game Saturday night. He's knows it's a problem but it would be an expensive fix. Right now, any improvements to RSS will have to generate additional revenues to justify the expense.

NWA needs to fix its stadium.    ;)   Couldn't resist.

Sow Lancelot

"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

the_kosher_pig

Maybe they won't fix it.  They took a game from WMS so they had to keep RRS ugly?
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 24, 2012, 11:24:06 am
Or unless your and idiot that is just trying to stir things up.

Piggfoot

I can't believe what I'm reading. It was my understanding that RRS is the epitome of stadiums. Surely nothing can need improving.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

the_kosher_pig

Quote from: qdoc on December 31, 2013, 08:37:56 am
I can't believe what I'm reading. It was my understanding that RRS is the epitome of stadiums. Surely nothing can need improving.
Even models have plastic surgery.
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 24, 2012, 11:24:06 am
Or unless your and idiot that is just trying to stir things up.

PonderinHog

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on December 31, 2013, 09:19:37 am
Even models have plastic surgery.
Yeah, I'm thinkin' a big ole set of knockers would do wonders for the west facade.

Hoggish1

DEVIL DOG HOG

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 30, 2013, 01:21:43 pm
Lipstick may matter to some recruits…………………………………...

Depends on whom is wearing the lipstick.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

ClearEyes

PonderinHog

Piggfoot

Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Mo_Better_Hogs

I don't think the OUTSIDE of Razorback Stadium looks that great, even the good sides.

What is really awesome, however is looking through the open areas between the Broyles Complex and either the east or west side grandstands. Where you see the INSIDE of the stadium, specifically the back/south endzone seats. Do we know that the north endzone work will close this view? If so, that will be a shame.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Mo_Better_Hogs on December 31, 2013, 01:30:59 pm
IDo we know that the north endzone work will close this view?
The view into the stadium directly east of the BAC will not change.

ricepig

Quote from: Mike Irwin on December 31, 2013, 01:40:53 pm

As of today, with the current plans. How it will be done 5 years from now, well, nobody knows. Finances and ticket demand could, and probably will, change the design.

Hogfaniam

Technically, it will get much better. :)
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Mo_Better_Hogs

OK, cool. I guess the east side of the BAC (w/ the grassy hill) is the only view where you can see the field all the way back. The west side is mostly obstructed, can only see the stands, not the field.

bobpantsspongesquare

Better parking options would be nice. The parking situation at RRS is like a county fair. In some cases worse. Additionally, why do all of these events charge for parking? The tickets are high enough as it is.