Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why did Derek Ruscin leave the Morning Rush radio show?

Started by RedSkiesAtNightHog, March 15, 2018, 01:56:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: Dillon23 on March 16, 2018, 11:48:53 am
You talking......about, about, Nick Mason....who ummm...who ummm...talks like....this...Expesually, whem ummm....talking about.....basketball?
Ummm, like, I believe that Umm that is the Umm same person.  AND, AND it is tiring to listen to.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 15, 2018, 08:55:26 pm
This just in on the  Keathley Service  Live Fan Feedback.....geez.

You forgot Keathley Service "Company" Live Fan Feedback.

RazorPiggie

And Tyler isn't great on there. He does a good job breaking down the football stuff but half the time he doesn't know what the other guys are talking about.

hogsanity

I usually only listen for about 5 mins a day, the time it takes from my house to drop my kid off. After that I turn over to Bob and Tom. Used to listen to the entire show, but it was pretty much the same stuff day after day. Gary calls in about 10 til 8 or 5 after, Tommy sells for Gastons,  Derik would be indignant about something. Nick would wander off down some road, and Tyler would appear to be paying attention about half the time.

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsanity

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 16, 2018, 11:27:13 am
And you pretend to be better and smarter than everyone else. We've all got our own little quirks it seems.

Maybe, in this case, I am not pretending.......................
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Ugly Uncle

I was the one that got Nick started in radio.  He worked for me as an intern, after I had interviewed him while he was still on the team.

He was a good kid.  He worked hard and really did know what was going on with the basketball team.  He was friends and hung out with all of them.  I never could get him to stop saying um...um...um...um...

I left to go on a missions trip and left the show to him and a guy who had done radio in the past.  I should never have done that.  When I got back they tried to take over my show, when they couldn't they took my whole staff over to another station (our competitors) and tried to go up against my show.

We killed them in ratings.

Their show got canceled.

When you give someone a start and they area disloyal? 

To be fair the guy that he followed over there was a world class liar, and they went to work for a station manager that was a world class liar, maybe Nick was just gullible.

I don't listen to sports talk radio anymore. 

Derek and Tommy are good guys though.

Also, Jeff Long knew all of the media guys.  He was that insecure.  He once jumped out in front of me as I was trying to walk down the baseline in Barnhill during a volleyball game.  Weirdest thing.  He acted like he wasn't going to let me pass by him.  He laughed it off like it was a joke, but was just weird to me.

Retired Radio Host

HogFoo

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on March 16, 2018, 01:12:34 pm
I was the one that got Nick started in radio.  He worked for me as an intern, after I had interviewed him while he was still on the team.

He was a good kid.  He worked hard and really did know what was going on with the basketball team.  He was friends and hung out with all of them.  I never could get him to stop saying um...um...um...um...

I left to go on a missions trip and left the show to him and a guy who had done radio in the past.  I should never have done that.  When I got back they tried to take over my show, when they couldn't they took my whole staff over to another station (our competitors) and tried to go up against my show.

Their show got canceled.

To be fair the guy that he followed over there was a world class liar, and they went to work for a station manager that was a world class liar, maybe Nick was just gullible.

Also, Jeff Long knew all of the media guys.  He was that insecure.  He once jumped out in front of me as I was trying to walk down the baseline in Barnhill during a volleyball game.  Weirdest thing.  He acted like he wasn't going to let me pass by him.  He laughed it off like it was a joke, but was just weird to me.
it doesnt surprise me.  Makes me not like the guy even more.  Like i said, i had nothung against the guy until they did what they did. Marcus can suck it too.  How they were allowed to get in with the AAU team in arkansas is baffling still. 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

liljo

Quote from: hogsanity on March 16, 2018, 10:15:41 am
I love all you keyboard tough guys saying he sucks at what he has been doing. Most of you likely couldn't put two words together without using 27 and ums, and/or ya knows ( if even then ) and could not carry a conversation for 30 seconds let alone do it 5 days a week for 10 years when all he has to work with every day is Arkansas radio callers.

I never met the guy and likely never will, but he did his job well.

Speaking of keyboard tough guys! How ya Doin'?  ;D
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

Hog_Swanson

Their show got canceled.

I heard where John Neighbors once fired Nick Mason.  Do you know what that was about? 

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on March 16, 2018, 02:09:27 pm
I heard where John Neighbors once fired Nick Mason.  Do you know what that was about? 

No.  If I remember correctly John Neighbors...who I like...was brought in after they fired Matt C. (the guy who took my whole staff over to the competition).  At some point, Storrs and Nick were fired from their positions at that station.  I don't know who fired them though.  I didn't follow that drama very closely.
Retired Radio Host

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on March 16, 2018, 02:15:46 pm
At some point, Storrs and Nick were fired from their positions at that station.  I don't know who fired them though.

Storrs was GM so wouldn't it have been Jay Bunyard?

We don't rent pigs

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Wayne Watson on March 16, 2018, 02:19:42 pm
Storrs was GM so wouldn't it have been Jay Bunyard?

Yes.  Jay is the one that pulled the trigger on Storrs for sure.  I really like Jay, but Storrs was a terrible hire.

I'm not sure who made the decision on Nick though. 
Retired Radio Host

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on March 16, 2018, 02:23:05 pm
Yes.  Jay is the one that pulled the trigger on Storrs for sure.  I really like Jay, but Storrs was a terrible hire.

Nick is what any P1 would call a spare.
We don't rent pigs

rzrbkman

I won't miss Derek starting most sentences with "I...I...I....I.....I.        Nick can take a 8 letter word and make it sound like it has 20 letters.

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

Wayne Watson

We don't rent pigs

thebignasty

Quote from: Busta_Nutt on March 16, 2018, 11:06:33 am
"Your Local Rowdy Gentleman" is such a terrible way to describe ones self. Seems like the type of guy who used to go to the high school parties but was no longer in high school.

Congrats to him, though.

excellent haha
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on March 16, 2018, 02:23:05 pm

Nick said that John fired him this morning on the radio.  They didn't go into details though.

jswineberiaskirk

Ruscin was the reason I listened in the morning. He was irreverent and sarcastic. Like me. Didn't care what others thought about his opinions. Spoke oot about the Emperor (BB) having no clothes. Made fun of the afternoon gnome - Bo Mattingly - and for that he should receive a medal. His replacement was on this morning and I heard enough to know I won't be tuning in Monday. Same sports radio I can find on any sports station in America. Thank goodness I still have The Dan Le Batard Show to listen to. He is a whining liberal but he, Stugotz, & the shipping container of frightened refugees are hilarious. Ruscin made the Morning Rush kind of like that.

rzrbkman

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on March 16, 2018, 03:05:23 pm
Nick said that John fired him this morning on the radio.  They didn't go into details though.

Nick Mason got fired this morning?

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on March 16, 2018, 11:40:58 am
You didnt fix anything. Ruscin was on his way to the car and Jeff called out to him by name. Listen to what people have to say instead of listening for mistakes/things you disagree with
so apparently Derek's mom is taking this conversation too seriously.  Ruscin sucks on the radio.  Let's just leave it at that.

Hog_Swanson

buldozer

He was a huge "never play another game in LR" guy, to the point of being obnoxious. It sure was fun hearing him eat his words before he slurked off into some other job once all of his "never play another game in LR" crew was fired.... good riddance for him and the whole bunch of losers.

PorkRinds

Quote from: buldozer on March 16, 2018, 04:32:41 pm
He was a huge "never play another game in LR" guy, to the point of being obnoxious. It sure was fun hearing him eat his words before he slurked off into some other job once all of his "never play another game in LR" crew was fired.... good riddance for him and the whole bunch of losers.

I kinda wish we'd never play another game in Little Rock.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hawgzinbowlz

If you don't like what is on the radio, use the controls to change it.
Ruscin's blither/blather made it only a matter of time until I made use of my radio controls...and usually it was a short time.
Good luck Derek and thanks for your much appreciated exit.

" GO HOGS "

hogslobber

I have tried to listen to that morning show, but it is beyond annoying.

These guys use the word " like" about every third word.

Worse than a 16 year old girl.

If you can't express a thought without using " like" 14 times, you shouldn't be on the radio.

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: jswineberiaskirk on March 16, 2018, 03:11:22 pm
Ruscin was the reason I listened in the morning. He was irreverent and sarcastic. Like me. Didn't care what others thought about his opinions. Spoke oot about the Emperor (BB) having no clothes. Made fun of the afternoon gnome - Bo Mattingly - and for that he should receive a medal. His replacement was on this morning and I heard enough to know I won't be tuning in Monday. Same sports radio I can find on any sports station in America. Thank goodness I still have The Dan Le Batard Show to listen to. He is a whining liberal but he, Stugotz, & the shipping container of frightened refugees are hilarious. Ruscin made the Morning Rush kind of like that.

Derek's opinions were fabricated to make him appear to be edgy.  He was a dope!  I stopped listening because his schtick got old.  I'm glad he's found a career outside radio.  He was annoying.

Steelhawg

Cannot stand Nick and his you know when like like like. Does not need to be on the radio. Every time 3 in the lane comes on channel gets changed for 10 minutes sometimes 15 before he spits it all out.
"All things good or bad will come to an end. Except time."Roger Waters

hogsanity

Quote from: hogslobber on March 17, 2018, 11:21:36 am
I have tried to listen to that morning show, but it is beyond annoying.

These guys use the word " like" about every third word.

Worse than a 16 year old girl.

If you can't express a thought without using " like" 14 times, you shouldn't be on the radio.

Then there should never be another call to a radio show from anyone from within the state of Arkansas.

urkillnmesmalls

Their show got canceled.

I remember that.  They were absolutely terrible, and after the second day when they finally said you off on a mission, I never even turned it back over until I knew you were back. 

I would listen to Bertaccini rather than Mason and Ruscin.  I miss having Grant and Vernon on in the mornings on 1190 like back when you were still there.  I would just put it on that channel and leave it all day a lot of the time.   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

HogFoo

Ya know the show i miss is Sportsrap before Chuck got all proper and quit wearing trucker hats.  I liked hearing him and Henry talk about stuff. Some didnt like it, but i thought it was funny. 

Of course i used to like jimmy kimmel when he and adam carola had "the man show"  but then jimmy went to mainstream and turned into a commie pinko liberal and ive never watched him since. 

Anyways, Nick mason can still suck it! So can the Monks.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

AFWarrior83

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 15, 2018, 02:34:37 pm
Today was his last day I think. Being replaced by John Nabors, who I actually prefer. Ruscin's schtik was annoying. Dude was a prick just to be a prick sometimes.

I like John Nabors. I was bummed when SEC Country canceled his podcast. Glad to hear he found another job.
Hogville member since 2005.

code red

Quote from: RedSkiesAtNightHog on March 15, 2018, 01:56:25 pm
I thought he was generally very entertaining on that program.  Just curious?
He was not good.  IMHO.  He knew very little about sports.  He made curious comments and the shows flow was all over the place.  This is a Razorback sports show.  I don't care about what a 30 something thinks about Katy Perry at 7 am.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: kibster on March 15, 2018, 02:00:32 pm
Probably talked too much sports.  That is a general no-no for morning programs, at least in Central Arkansas.
Sarcasm I hope.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on March 17, 2018, 09:29:35 pm
Derek's opinions were fabricated to make him appear to be edgy.  He was a dope!  I stopped listening because his schtick got old.  I'm glad he's found a career outside radio.  He was annoying.
Totally agree.  Very unprepared.

The OTR

Quote from: hogsanity on March 16, 2018, 10:15:41 am
I love all you keyboard tough guys saying he sucks at what he has been doing. Most of you likely couldn't put two words together without using 27 and ums, and/or ya knows ( if even then ) and could not carry a conversation for 30 seconds let alone do it 5 days a week for 10 years when all he has to work with every day is Arkansas radio callers.

I never met the guy and likely never will, but he did his job well.

Welcome to hogville, Derek.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on March 18, 2018, 01:19:01 am
I remember that.  They were absolutely terrible, and after the second day when they finally said you off on a mission, I never even turned it back over until I knew you were back. 

I would listen to Bertaccini rather than Mason and Ruscin.  I miss having Grant and Vernon on in the mornings on 1190 like back when you were still there.  I would just put it on that channel and leave it all day a lot of the time.   

Thanks man.  Those were great times.
Retired Radio Host

kibster

Quote from: code red on March 18, 2018, 06:52:13 am
Sarcasm I hope.

Unfortunately, central Arkansas is a cesspool for local sports radio.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

Paul Westerhawg

Nick Mason is the absolute worst I've ever heard on the radio in the state. Sure, there are plenty of guys who aren't great but at least they offer a sense of humor or the occasional original thought. Nick offers nothing.

The OTR

HogPharmer

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on March 23, 2018, 07:07:14 pm
Why is everyone so angry?

I'd say it's due to a combination of Donald Trump and Captain Bert over the last 1-6 years...
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

DeltaBoy

We miss him but he will back on the Radio soon.   3Am is too early for 90% of us.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

AHorseWithNoName

Quote from: Steelhawg on March 17, 2018, 10:26:54 pm
Cannot stand Nick and his you know when like like like. Does not need to be on the radio. Every time 3 in the lane comes on channel gets changed for 10 minutes sometimes 15 before he spits it all out.

I literally got a headache trying to decipher your post.  Punctuation is your friend!
"A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot." — John Steinbeck

Hog_Swanson

Has anyone else been picking up on the back and forth jabs between Nick and John?

hogsanity

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on April 24, 2018, 02:22:29 pm
Has anyone else been picking up on the back and forth jabs between Nick and John?

I only get to listen for about 15 mins when I am on the way to work, usually sometime between 7:30 and 8am. Nick is just annoying, period. Anyone near him for more than 5 mins would want to jab him, repeatedly, with a very sharp object.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: hogsanity on April 24, 2018, 02:30:00 pm
I only get to listen for about 15 mins when I am on the way to work, usually sometime between 7:30 and 8am. Nick is just annoying, period. Anyone near him for more than 5 mins would want to jab him, repeatedly, with a very sharp object.
I hope John runs his arse off.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Paul Westerhawg on March 23, 2018, 11:54:25 am
Nick Mason is the absolute worst I've ever heard on the radio in the state. Sure, there are plenty of guys who aren't great but at least they offer a sense of humor or the occasional original thought. Nick offers nothing.
And a voice that is like driving a spike into your brain.