Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm starting to think CCM has his DC

Started by Captain Hogthrob, December 16, 2017, 03:32:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Hogthrob

Looking at the entire picture. The fact that he's going into the early signing period without a sitting defensive staff and there has been virtual  radio silence about it. I know coach has said he's concerned only with recruiting at the moment and on face value that makes perfect sense.  But the statement regarding hiring the best DC in the country? Maybe that was pure hyperbole. Personally,  I think there's a possibility that there's a certain coach already on the hook. Furthermore,  I don't see any coordinator level coach ditching recruiting at his new job in favor of any bowl game other than the playoffs. I have mentioned Bo's interview with Venables and how he made such a big thing out of how important it was that he not cause a distraction because of alleged job offers. Now I know people will say I'm over thinking, or wishful thinking  but the truth is I'm really not wishing at all. I just want a really good DC and I don't even care if he has a big name. I just can't help but feel that there is something more to the story here. Time will tell if I'm right and I'm probably not. I'm curious what you guys make of this, to me very unusual,  situation. I've been around through a few regime changes and this one just feels really different. The only alternate explanation I can come up with is that the 12/20 signing period is just way more important than hiring someone  but I don't see how he would need to choose one over the other. Especially taking into the equation that an entire staff would need to be placed after the DC. Anyone know who makes quality tin foil hats? I made need one.

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Al Boarland

I think he's an offensive coach taking his time to evaluate his options on defense.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Captain Hogthrob on December 16, 2017, 03:32:27 pm
Looking at the entire picture. The fact that he's going into the early signing period without a sitting defensive staff and there has been virtual  radio silence about it. I know coach has said he's concerned only with recruiting at the moment and on face value that makes perfect sense.  But the statement regarding hiring the best DC in the country? Maybe that was pure hyperbole. Personally,  I think there's a possibility that there's a certain coach already on the hook. Furthermore,  I don't see any coordinator level coach ditching recruiting at his new job in favor of any bowl game other than the playoffs. I have mentioned Bo's interview with Venables and how he made such a big thing out of how important it was that he not cause a distraction because of alleged job offers. Now I know people will say I'm over thinking, or wishful thinking  but the truth is I'm really not wishing at all. I just want a really good DC and I don't even care if he has a big name. I just can't help but feel that there is something more to the story here. Time will tell if I'm right and I'm probably not. I'm curious what you guys make of this, to me very unusual,  situation. I've been around through a few regime changes and this one just feels really different. The only alternate explanation I can come up with is that the 12/20 signing period is just way more important than hiring someone  but I don't see how he would need to choose one over the other. Especially taking into the equation that an entire staff would need to be placed after the DC. Anyone know who makes quality tin foil hats? I made need one.

Paragraphs, please.
Go Hogs Go!

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

BorderPatrol

KCRazorbackfan

Life took me to Central Florida, but I'll always be a Razorback.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

RockyMtnHog

"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

Captain Hogthrob

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hoggish1

I want a great DC.  That could be someone other than Brent Venables.  But Venables would be the best one, even if there is a better one out there, because of his name.  We need to pull in some D side studs now to hit the ground running for year one, which is what CCM wants.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Kevin on December 16, 2017, 04:01:05 pm
I think he has his guy.

Plenty of hints that he does.  It may be that he is waiting for the entire field to open and has A, B and C lined out but no commitment yet.  That seems most likely to me.  The 10th coach also comes into play just after the playoffs.  Better to wait for the big picture than to rush.  Early signing period is not the priority. 

One thing is certain - salary will not be the sticking point.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

MasterChiefHog

HE COULD HAVE WROTE EVERYTHING IN CAPS.

I was thinking we were in competition with BAMA for a DC as well right now. Things could change in a hurry.
Quote from: oldman1015 on December 28, 2017, 11:40:00 am
Having a bad day or always a dick?
Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on December 06, 2019, 09:39:55 am
Sorry fo any misspells or paragraph s. I m on a scaffold.
Quote from: Hogwild on October 18, 2018, 08:23:47 amSince we are being optimistic, let's go full tilt boogie! If we win out, Ole Miss wins out, and Bama loses out. Then all we need is Miss. State to win against LSU & Texas A&M, and then have the Aggies upset LSU. 
And then we are hanging an SEC WEST Champion banner.

lumphog

DREAM ON.... Buddy, That's what's wrong with the world today.. DEAD DREAMS
pssssst..... I'm with you, I think it's him too #GodBless

Bigfoot

December 16, 2017, 04:55:20 pm #15 Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 05:13:36 pm by Bigfoot
Quote from: MasterChiefHog on December 16, 2017, 04:34:49 pm
HE COULD HAVE WROTE EVERYTHING IN CAPS.

I was thinking we were in competition with BAMA for a DC as well right now. Things could change in a hurry.

Does Saban try to land elite or big name DC's?

I could be wrong but I think neither Smart or Pruitt were DC's before becoming one at Alabama.

I think Arkansas doesn't have to worry about competing with them for a DC.

plumbhog

I'm beginning to think he meant exactly what he said about the greatest defensive coach in all of football. We're probably all gonna be really shocked when it turns out to be either Venables,  Early, or another legendary high school Coach he has a whole lot of faith in. Are all the Texas high school state championship's over yet?
bigdaddyhawg,<br />"Tyler wants to find the short receiver almost every single time.  He rarely even looks down the field. Folks, this IS a problem and it is going to continue to severely limit our pass game."<br /><br />Six days later, Tyler throws for a school record 510 yards against A&M

Hogvillage Idiot

I just hope that an impatient fan base doesn't spoil it.
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

Paul

Quote from: Bigfoot on December 16, 2017, 04:55:20 pm

I could be wrong but I think neither Smart or Pruitt were DC's before becoming one at Alabama.

Pruitt was DC at Fla St & UGA before Bama

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Kevin on December 16, 2017, 04:01:05 pm
I think he has his guy.
i do too. and i think isaac stoops getting the preferred walk on offer when his life long best friend is jake venables means something to. If jake doesnt sign with Clemson on wednesday than we'll KNOW it's on and poppin.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Kevin

I like the fact ccm has been laser focused on recruiting
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Kevin on December 16, 2017, 07:42:04 pm
yep. thats what we'd be freaking out on if he were doing anything else. Dude has been 100 since he got here.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Seebs

I just read the same sentence five times in a row as my brain cannot correct from lack of a paragraph break.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

hawgmasta

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 16, 2017, 07:18:01 pm
i do too. and i think isaac stoops getting the preferred walk on offer when his life long best friend is jake venables means something to. If jake doesnt sign with Clemson on wednesday than we'll KNOW it's on and poppin.

It's all lining up. What a coup that would be!

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Bigfoot

Oklahawg

Quote from: Captain Hogthrob on December 16, 2017, 04:06:16 pm
Insane ramblings always lack paragraphs.

Wally Hall uses one sentence per paragraph.

If it is even a full sentence.

Sometimes, just a phrase.

Usually not worth reading.

But, you click and hope.

And regret.

Over and over.

That's our Wally.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

BoarnSupremacy

Hope so.  If Red Bull was cure for ADD they would prescribe caffeine instead of amphetamines.  I hope CCM has control of this

BoarnSupremacy

Quote from: Kevin on December 16, 2017, 07:42:04 pm

I just wanted to see some energy from the coaching staff for a start.

East Clintwood

Quote from: Seebs on December 16, 2017, 07:54:27 pm
I just read the same sentence five times in a row as my brain cannot correct from lack of a paragraph break.

It's infected you.

Within a week or so you'll slowly begin to  eliminate paragraphs from your writings.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 16, 2017, 09:08:32 pm
Wally Hall uses one sentence per paragraph.

If it is even a full sentence.

Sometimes, just a phrase.

Usually not worth reading.

But, you click and hope.i

And regret.

Over and over.

That's our Wally.

Haikus are easy.

Wall Hall doesn't make sense.

Refrigerator.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

Flrazrback

I'm beginning to believe that our DC is indeed hired or at least committed. There would be more noise and activity if we were searching IMO. Just have to be patient and have faith in CM at this point.

Mjs84

Quote from: Captain Hogthrob on December 16, 2017, 03:32:27 pm

With you all the way.  I have been saying it since day one, CCM has an ace up his sleeve!  The longer this goes on, the more certain that this will be a home run hire. Lots of folks will be angry for having high expectations and posting them on HV, but they will just have to suck on it until this thing rides itself out.

TexArkHogFan

Another reason to think he has his man.  Alabama had a vacancy after us.  They just announced the hiring of UTSA DC.  Everybody take a nap until after Bowl season.  It will work out.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Bigfoot on December 16, 2017, 04:55:20 pm

He doesn't have to because ultimately, Saban is his own DC.
Go Hogs Go!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 17, 2017, 07:01:50 am

I agree. Just like we would worry about any OC Petrino hired

longtimeHogfan

I think he probably has a very short list right now, 3-4 names possibly, and all are in preparations for bowl games.  And, something to consider, as the bowls begin to drop by the wayside and DC's become available and we still don't hear a name?  The longer the process goes the bigger the name is likely to be.  I hope we don't hear a name 'till the final four has decided a NC. 

And that is worth exactly what you paid for it.   :P
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Boarme

One thing that I really like is CCM has not hired one defensive coach.  He obviously is going to allow his D.C. to have a huge impact on that staff.  You would not do that for a lesser known D.C.  That will be very attractive for a D.C. coming in.

RedyorNot

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 16, 2017, 07:18:01 pm

Add to that offering Jerry's grandson to help enhance the size of the deposit slip needed to make that happen...🤔

hawgmasta

Quote from: Boarme on December 17, 2017, 10:10:42 am
One thing that I really like is CCM has not hired one defensive coach.  He obviously is going to allow his D.C. to have a huge impact on that staff.  You would not do that for a lesser known D.C.  That will be very attractive for a D.C. coming in.

I agree, I think many people are worried about the defensive side of things with coach Morris and him deflecting the hiring of the staff hopefully to the new DC is a good sign. Any successful person needs to recognize their strengths and weaknesses; not saying defense is his weakness, who knows, but if it is it is encouraging he trusts whomever he hires.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: RedyorNot on December 17, 2017, 10:19:18 am
Add to that offering Jerry's grandson to help enhance the size of the deposit slip needed to make that happen...🤔
sounds like a fully funded plan in action.

Every Hog fan wants the very best DC and staff we can obtain.  Venables being that man seems almost impossible.  IF it happened to be him, it would surely be fun watching him take what we got in defensive players and making a decent defense from them.  Talk about a feat, this would be like Trump getting a second term, a middle class wage earner, getting an actual tax break, a company actually hiring an extra person just because the Company had saved some on their taxes, or giving some regular Joe a raise in pay just because the money had been saved on taxes.

Hell, it would be right up there with a politician voting in reasonable re-election laws, shortening the time for running for office to the election by two thirds or more,  refusing what is actually payoff and bribe money, yet called a legal gift or donation through a PAC.  I mean, this would be one big deal for the Hogs.

Bigfoot

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 17, 2017, 07:01:50 am

I agree......and Saban is the best DC in the country, even though he's the head coach.

HoggyCat

Quote from: Al Boarland on December 16, 2017, 03:55:12 pm
I think he's an offensive coach taking his time to evaluate his options on defense.

I'm beginning to think he's a used car salesman.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Hoggish1

Quote from: 12247 on December 17, 2017, 11:53:51 am
Every Hog fan wants the very best DC and staff we can obtain.  Venables being that man seems almost impossible.  IF it happened to be him, it would surely be fun watching him take what we got in defensive players and making a decent defense from them.  Talk about a feat, this would be like Trump getting a second term, a middle class wage earner, getting an actual tax break, a company actually hiring an extra person just because the Company had saved some on their taxes, or giving some regular Joe a raise in pay just because the money had been saved on taxes.

Hell, it would be right up there with a politician voting in reasonable re-election laws, shortening the time for running for office to the election by two thirds or more,  refusing what is actually payoff and bribe money, yet called a legal gift or donation through a PAC.  I mean, this would be one big deal for the Hogs.

Yeah, but would it be as big as the GOP finally giving up their dream of destroying medicare and social security?

Redhogs

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 17, 2017, 12:02:28 pm
Yeah, but would it be as big as the GOP finally giving up their dream of destroying medicare and social security?
Yeah...about as big as the socialist Democrats finally giving up their dream of destroying the entire country.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Hoggish1

Quote from: Boarme on December 17, 2017, 10:10:42 am

Making a lot of sense there!

Hoggish1

Quote from: Redhogs on December 17, 2017, 12:10:31 pm
Yeah...about as big as the socialist Democrats finally giving up their dream of destroying the entire country.

LMAO