Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drs say 20 kids a day go to the Hospital for gun injuries.

Started by DeltaBoy, January 27, 2014, 11:10:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

http://www.webmd.com/parenting/news/20140127/twenty-us-kids-hospitalized-each-day-for-gun-injuries-study

84% of their (CHILDREN) were 15-18 years old.

What a bunch of garbage.  FYI  Baby Dr's are asking your children if you have guns and how they are stored.  My Daughter tells them you will have to ask my Dad. I write on their paperwork It is none of your Business, when they ask the same Question
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Rzbakfromwaybak

First....I never believe any statistic from a left or liberal leaning source...& this article certainly appears to fall in that category.

Wonder how many kids go to the hospital every day for drug related problems??  Bet its at least 10 times more than kids that go for gun injuries.  Instead of trying to push their agenda, they should be worrying about why so many kids have "access" to drugs, & work on trying to get that number reduced.  The Libs are more interested in making drugs legal, & taking away legally owned guns from law abiding citizens.  As usual, they have everything upside down.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 27, 2014, 11:10:20 am
http://www.webmd.com/parenting/news/20140127/twenty-us-kids-hospitalized-each-day-for-gun-injuries-study

84% of their (CHILDREN) were 15-18 years old.

What a bunch of garbage.  FYI  Baby Dr's are asking your children if you have guns and how they are stored.  My Daughter tells them you will have to ask my Dad. I write on their paperwork It is none of your Business, when they ask the same Question

Good for you DeltaBoy....+1

ARoutdoorsman

The study goes all the way up to the age of 20. Bet most are gang related in urban areas to make their numbers look a little better.

Ragnar Hogbrok

120 kids a day go to the hospital for bathtub related injuries.  We need some common-sense bathtub control legislation.

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=103732
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

DeltaBoy

Yep the Left loves playing with numbers to try and ban our guns. Shoot Craig tons of adults fall and get hurt in the tub.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Nate(wocraig)Craig on January 28, 2014, 09:47:44 am

120 kids a day go to the hospital for bathtub related injuries.  We need some common-sense bathtub control legislation.

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=103732

Yeah, good point.  Need background checks for bathtub owners, & they all need to all be registered & licensed.  Bathtubs should also be limited on how many gallons of water they can hold. Nobody needs more than 10 gallons of water in a tub at one time.  The  tubs should also have life preservers within reach, & filled with water by windmills. 

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on January 29, 2014, 12:40:44 am
Yeah, good point.  Need background checks for bathtub owners, & they all need to all be registered & licensed.  Bathtubs should also be limited on how many gallons of water they can hold. Nobody needs more than 10 gallons of water in a tub at one time.  The  tubs should also have life preservers within reach, & filled with water by windmills. 

Watch out Nancy Peliso might read that and put it in her next Bill.

rickm1976

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 31, 2014, 08:38:27 am
Watch out Nancy Peliso might read that and put it in her next Bill.

Hey, no joke.  She would run with it.

DeltaBoy

OTTER

Every time you hear or read about guns, the worst case possible is what gets in the headlines.  They never report that more people are beaten or kicked to death yearly than murdered with a rifle (that includes assult rifles) according to the FBI.  Guess we should ban hands and feet!  But the anti gun lobby is getting stronger, and the 2014 elections, especially the Senate, are extremely important.  Remember, some time in the near future, the Obama Administration will be asking for the Senate to approve the UN Small Arms Treaty, which Obama has already signed on to.  Cast your votes wisely if you are a gun owner.   
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: OTTER on February 18, 2014, 02:10:03 pm

Every time you hear or read about guns, the worst case possible is what gets in the headlines.  They never report that more people are beaten or kicked to death yearly than murdered with a rifle (that includes assult rifles) according to the FBI.  Guess we should ban hands and feet!  But the anti gun lobby is getting stronger, and the 2014 elections, especially the Senate, are extremely important.  Remember, some time in the near future, the Obama Administration will be asking for the Senate to approve the UN Small Arms Treaty, which Obama has already signed on to.  Cast your votes wisely if you are a gun owner.

Good points, Otter.

The Boar War

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on January 29, 2014, 12:40:44 am

And heaven help you if that bathtub is painted black.