Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mt. Lion kills dogs near Russellville.

Started by pigture perfect, December 31, 2013, 09:08:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pigture perfect

Just heard from a friend, that 2 of her sons hunting dogs were killed and another wounded. She said AGFC is confirming a Mountain Lion was the culprit. Has anyone seen anything on this yet?
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Rzbakfromwaybak

Well, this will be interesting if this story turns out to be true.  This time last year, we didn't even have mountain lions inside the state.  There is evidently more of these lions in Arkansas than the AGFC wanted to admit.  Now that the AGFC  has recently admitted that they do exist....there will probably be an increase in reports of lion kills, sighting, etc.  The only question will be how many of these new reports will be valid.  My guess would be the AGFC will try & play down as many of these reports as possible...(even when suspected valid)
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

HogBreath

Yes..there are cougars in Arkansas, and yes, the AGFC has confirmed this, but the AGFC has also put out the word....no breeding by the mountain lions or else they'll end up like Bobby Petrino.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Wayne Watson

I have not seen or read anything in the news regarding this.  Nothing in NWA.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

BassinHawg

Everyone better hope that the AGFC keeps denying that there is a breeding population of Mountain Lions even if there is.

If this Mountain Lion thing blows up too big you could wind up see a lot of public hunting areas closed by the Feds because some Bunny Hugger type groups want to protect the little kitty cats.

The reason the AGFC never wanted to acknowledge their existence is because they did not want to have to come up with some type of management program for them.

Be careful what you wish for! Just shoot them, dig a big hole and keep your mouth shut!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

kodiakisland

No.  Mnt lions do not have any special protection.  Many states have regular hunting seasons for them.  The Feds don't care about mnt lions in Arkansas.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

DeltaBoy

They killed my dogs I kill the MT Kitty!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.