Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Taurus The Judge

Started by HawgWild, December 17, 2013, 04:46:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgWild

Anybody got one? Recommend one? If so, which, 3" or 2.5" chamber? Barrel length preference?

TIA

OldWaldronHog

I have one. It has a 6 inch barrel and shoots 2.5". I carry it around with me when I'm on the farm. It serves the purpose of a multifunctional gun for me by being able to have 6 shot and slugs or 45 colt bullets ready to go. I've shot a 44 mag and the recoil on my judge isn't that bad. I'm glad I bought it.

I won't be shooting at something a long ways off but up close, it'll take care of anything I would shoot at.

DeltaBoy

The people who have them Love them.  They are great for Farm and Ranch or if your on the road alot.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

RazorWild

I carry the smaller public defender in my truck and when I'm out in the woods.  Great for busting copperheads and rattlers that I always seem to step on.  I keep a mixture of the 410 personal defense round, .45 LC, slug, buckshot.  Great gun to own.

HawgWild

Quote from: RazorWild on December 18, 2013, 08:42:42 am
I carry the smaller public defender in my truck and when I'm out in the woods.  Great for busting copperheads and rattlers that I always seem to step on.  I keep a mixture of the 410 personal defense round, .45 LC, slug, buckshot.  Great gun to own.

What's the weight of your model? Does this model have the 2" or 3" barrel? What's your killing distance for snakes with the buckshot load? Seems like you'd get a pretty large pattern with the shorter barrel.

I guess I have similar questions for OldWaldronHog. I liked the 3" chamber and longer barrels but I thought the piece was heavy in my hand. I guess you can't have it both ways, huh?

Silence O the Hams

S&W makes a version called the Governor

Silence O the Hams

HawgWild

Quote from: Silence O the Hams on December 23, 2013, 10:19:38 am
S&W makes a version called the Governor

I didn't see one of these at Bass Pro when looking at the Judge. I see it's about $200 more than Taurus' version. Not looking to pay that much. Thanks for the reply though.

OldWaldronHog

The longer barrel is heavier. I held a 3 inch chamber model and it was heavy as well. It really depends on what you like or are comfortable with.

I've shot mine at a distance of 3 feet out to about 10 feet with 6's. At 3 feet, it'll remove anything in it's path about the size a little smaller than a pie plate. At 10 feet, the shot spread out quite a bit but cover a target nicely.

pigture perfect

I have shot one that belongs to a buddy. I actually covet one. Eventually will find some expendible cash to get one.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

HawgWild

Quote from: pigture perfect on December 30, 2013, 10:34:54 pm
I have shot one that belongs to a buddy. I actually covet one. Eventually will find some expendible cash to get one.

Which version are you going to get?

pigture perfect

Quote from: HawgWild on December 31, 2013, 02:26:24 pm
Which version are you going to get?
I think I'll just keep my eye open for the best deal. I'd prefer the heavier 3 inch barrel. Obviously I don't intend for it to be my CC piece except for in my car maybe. Most likely just home defense.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

DeltaBoy

Loaded with 3 inch 410 slugs and some 230 sliver tiped HP 45 Long Colt your set for any 2 legged critter.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.