Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SR9c

Started by OTTER, December 03, 2013, 08:24:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OTTER

I am a fan of Ruger pistols and own a P95, which they ceased making in October of this year.  I really like it and hate to see it discontinued but the SR series has taken over for Ruger.  I'm looking for a CC pistol for myself and my wife and thinking about the SR9c for both of us or going with the LC9 for her and the SR9c for me.  Is there anyone who has shot the SR9c or LC9 who could give me some feedback?  I know the LC is a DAO and my question on it would be on the trigger reset.  Any help would be appreciated.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

kibster

Both my parents carry LC9s and I recently shot an SR9c that a friend uses for his carry gun. 

I personally am not a fan of the LC9 because of the trigger pull, but it is very concealable and light.  The SR9c had a surprisingly good trigger on it and was a pretty accurate gun, but obviously a bigger gun, so not as concealable. 
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

OTTER

Quote from: kibster on December 03, 2013, 10:43:23 pm
Both my parents carry LC9s and I recently shot an SR9c that a friend uses for his carry gun. 

I personally am not a fan of the LC9 because of the trigger pull, but it is very concealable and light.  The SR9c had a surprisingly good trigger on it and was a pretty accurate gun, but obviously a bigger gun, so not as concealable. 
How was the trigger reset on the LC?  Was it a quick, (short reset) or long pull each round?  When I worked security at ANO, we carried Sig p226 DAK and that first pull was long but the reset was quick.  Nice shooter.  They have since changed pistols, but I liked the fact that DAK added some safety to it.  To me a double action only is ok as long as the reset is good.

We go to Fayetteville often, and I was wondering if the indoor range had pistols you could try out before deciding what to buy. 
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

kibster

Quote from: OTTER on December 04, 2013, 08:35:49 am
How was the trigger reset on the LC?  Was it a quick, (short reset) or long pull each round?  When I worked security at ANO, we carried Sig p226 DAK and that first pull was long but the reset was quick.  Nice shooter.  They have since changed pistols, but I liked the fact that DAK added some safety to it.  To me a double action only is ok as long as the reset is good.

We go to Fayetteville often, and I was wondering if the indoor range had pistols you could try out before deciding what to buy. 

I haven't shot the LC in a while, but I am 99% sure that it had the long trigger pull each time.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

OTTER

Quote from: kibster on December 04, 2013, 09:01:18 am
I haven't shot the LC in a while, but I am 99% sure that it had the long trigger pull each time.
Thanks, I appreciate the info. 

hoghappy

I think there is a place in Greenland or Winslow called Ozark Mt. Outfitters. I think they have a place to shoot just about whatever you want.

95_alum

They have a LC9 available to demo at Ozark Sportsman Supply.

Pudgepork

I shot my son in laws lc9 a couple of years ago.  I think it does have the long pull
each shot.  It is pretty accurate out to 10 yds or so and any gun needs shot a lot
to get used to it.  The problem with the lc9 is that it isn't really fun to shoot and
that would not inspire you to go shoot it.

The SR9c has one of the best triggers of any CC guns.  It also comes with 2 mags
which most do not.  One is the 17 rd mag, soon to be banned on this planet. It is
a sweet little gun.  For more background, look up Hickock SR9c on you tube.  He is
a Glock man but he said he had to own an SR9c after doing a review on it

kibster

Quote from: Pudgepork on December 04, 2013, 08:59:17 pmFor more background, look up Hickock SR9c on you tube.  He is
a Glock man but he said he had to own an SR9c after doing a review on it

This was the reason my friend got one after watching his review.

VictoryRedChevy

I bought the SR9c a few years ago and love it. A bit big for carrying, but it makes a good coat/winter pistol. It's very ergonomic. Minimal recoil, even for a 9. Good weight. The two different mags are a plus. It's had no trouble shucking any ammo. I bought it brand new but it operated like a good broke-in pistol. The trigger is nice and I'm picky about triggers.

Pudgepork

Quote from: VictoryRedChevy on December 09, 2013, 04:37:09 pm
I bought the SR9c a few years ago and love it. A bit big for carrying, but it makes a good coat/winter pistol. It's very ergonomic. Minimal recoil, even for a 9. Good weight. The two different mags are a plus. It's had no trouble shucking any ammo. I bought it brand new but it operated like a good broke-in pistol. The trigger is nice and I'm picky about triggers.

While I'm a big fan of the SR9c and the SR22 and think they are really nice pistols,
your avatar has my attention.   Tell us about it please

OTTER

Thanks for the info.  I am leaning strongly to buying a couple of SR9Cs.  Cabelas seems to have some good prices on them and I'll be up in NWA following Christmas.

VictoryRedChevy

Quote from: Pudgepork on December 09, 2013, 08:46:06 pm
While I'm a big fan of the SR9c and the SR22 and think they are really nice pistols,
your avatar has my attention.   Tell us about it please
I obviously caught this late! It's a 2012 Martin D-28 standard.

Pudgepork

You have great taste in guns and geeters. +1

Bam, Alright Now

Quote from: VictoryRedChevy on December 09, 2013, 04:37:09 pm

Agree, I have the SR40C (pretty much the same gun just different caliber), wonderful gun.

Hawgon

I had an SR 9c, I now have a SW M&P Shield and prefer it in every way.  It is shorter, lighter, and thinner while only giving up two rounds to the SR 9c short magazine.  I liked the Ruger, but do yourself a favor and check out the M&P Shield if concealed carry is your goal.

OTTER

Quote from: Hawgon on January 06, 2014, 01:12:37 pm
I had an SR 9c, I now have a SW M&P Shield and prefer it in every way.  It is shorter, lighter, and thinner while only giving up two rounds to the SR 9c short magazine.  I liked the Ruger, but do yourself a favor and check out the M&P Shield if concealed carry is your goal.
Will do.  I have been in a holding pattern doing some serious looking before I spend some dollars on two CC weapons.  I can't stand the affliction of buyers remorse!

Hawgon

Quote from: OTTER on January 06, 2014, 01:34:25 pm
Will do.  I have been in a holding pattern doing some serious looking before I spend some dollars on two CC weapons.  I can't stand the affliction of buyers remorse!

The new Remington coming out in February looks really interesting as well.  Although, it might be six months or so before you can actually find one in a store.

kibster

Quote from: Hawgon on January 06, 2014, 01:12:37 pm

I know a lot of guys that CC the Shield and love it.  They are always bragging on it.  I have never shot one though.