Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AG&F Confirms Mountain Lions in Arkansas SIAP

Started by OldCoot, December 02, 2013, 01:14:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OldCoot

Quote from: Albert Einswine on January 14, 2014, 12:15:40 pm

Did it go down with the ship? Got anything more than apocryphal links to the story? Any images of the "black tiger" survive? Was it a jaguar? They are factual, I have no argument against that.

It's all the stories I heard growing up about the black panthers that roamed all over the hills and bottoms of NEA that no one ever seemed to kill, or photograph that I disregard. I live by the adage "believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see."

I've got proof of a jack-a-lope.  Seen many of them stuffed.

Boarslab

Quote from: Hawgon on January 14, 2014, 09:32:52 pm
How would you know if the had killed one?  Do you know that one of them didn't?
Obviously you're not from my neck of the woods....if you were, you would know that news of a kill like that would travel faster through these hills faster than it would here on these innernets...plus, it would've been in the back of someone's wagon or strapped across a saddle and displayed proudly in the town square or on spit corner...you know, kinda the way we used to do when we killed a deer--we'd strap that thing across the hood or leave the tailgate down so's everyone could see what we'd done...Oh wait, we still have some of them around here that do it...

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Dude on January 15, 2014, 11:19:28 am
I've got proof of a jack-a-lope.  Seen many of them stuffed.

Nobody questions the jack-a-lope, don't get all crazy... ;)
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

twistitup

Quote from: Boarslab on January 15, 2014, 04:18:59 pm
Obviously you're not from my neck of the woods....if you were, you would know that news of a kill like that would travel faster through these hills faster than it would here on these innernets...plus, it would've been in the back of someone's wagon or strapped across a saddle and displayed proudly in the town square or on spit corner...you know, kinda the way we used to do when we killed a deer--we'd strap that thing across the hood or leave the tailgate down so's everyone could see what we'd done...Oh wait, we still have some of them around here that do it...

In my neck of the woods it would have been buried w/o a word for fear of bogus charges.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

micali

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on January 12, 2014, 11:18:16 pm
Where is Piney Point located?
Its not piney point. I was thinking of look out grocery.  If you take hwy 12 and turn on 127.  Its out there.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: micali on January 18, 2014, 10:31:47 am

Its not piney point. I was thinking of look out grocery.  If you take hwy 12 and turn on 127.  Its out there.

What town is that close to??
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

BPsTheMan

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Boardon Hamsay

Thinking bout a semi decent source. Recruit? Tweet?
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: BPsTheMan on January 20, 2014, 08:49:27 pm
Bobby Allen and Mizzou DC

co-DC's
Quote from: rlh06 on January 20, 2014, 08:52:03 pm
I'm digging it. 

Bobby Allen and the guy from Mizzou gonna co-coordinate the defense against the burgeoning Natural State mountain lion menace??
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: BPsTheMan on January 20, 2014, 08:49:27 pm

Bobby Allen and Mizzou DC

co-DC's

Did I miss something here??  Must be some kind of connection between the Mizzou Tigers & the Arkansas Mountain Lions.... & Bobby Allen is the co- DC for the AGFC??....

This mountain lion situation was easier to understand when we had all the talk about most of the mountain lion sightings being black ones.....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

micali

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on January 20, 2014, 01:04:17 am
What town is that close to??
Gosh, I don't know what town it would be close too.  It's really close to Carroll county.  It will take you 10 mins to get to Eureka springs from his old place from 127.

Hawgon

There was a guy on here, and I can't remember who it was who said that he saw a big black cat that someone had killed when he was a kid in Texas.  You all basically called him a liar and laughed at him.  So, like I said, how would you know if someone killed one if you don't believe them when they say they did?

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Hawgon on January 21, 2014, 10:45:54 pm
There was a guy on here, and I can't remember who it was who said that he saw a big black cat that someone had killed when he was a kid in Texas.  You all basically called him a liar and laughed at him.  So, like I said, how would you know if someone killed one if you don't believe them when they say they did?

That was twist, and it devolved from a definite mountain lion to a probable jaguarundi over time.

twistitup

Quote from: Albert Einswine on January 21, 2014, 10:56:21 pm

That was twist, and it devolved from a definite mountain lion to a probable jaguarundi over time.

It was me and it's the truth. I don't want to argue about the name of the cat...black panther, jaguarundi, etc....but I saw it dead, 45 min south if the Red River in NE Texas. It took 2 hands to pick up this cat- dense, muscular, and long with a tail as long as its body.

This was 1995- no iPhone to snap pics like today. I did not carry a camera with me as a kid.

You won't ever believe me and that's ok with me.

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Albert Einswine

Quote from: twistitup on January 22, 2014, 05:20:52 am
It was me and it's the truth. I don't want to argue about the name of the cat...black panther, jaguarundi, etc....but I saw it dead, 45 min south if the Red River in NE Texas. It took 2 hands to pick up this cat- dense, muscular, and long with a tail as long as its body.

This was 1995- no iPhone to snap pics like today. I did not carry a camera with me as a kid.

I believe that you believe it. I didn't see it so I've no choice but to remain a skeptic.

Hawgon

Quote from: Albert Einswine on January 22, 2014, 07:29:35 am

I believe that you believe it. I didn't see it so I've no choice but to remain a skeptic.

So, on the one hand, we don't believe because none of the old timers ever killed any of those cats and we all know that if someone had killed one of those cats, it would have been put in the back of a pick-up or wagon and taken for everyone to see.

Yet, when someone tells you he saw exactly that when he was a kid, we don't believe him and in fact, impugn his credibility by making the condescending statement that you "...believe he believes it"?  That sound about right?

Albert Einswine

Hawgon, you can see it any way you want, it's your call. I don't believe it.

Hawgon

Quote from: Albert Einswine on January 22, 2014, 10:49:37 am
Hawgon, you can see it any way you want, it's your call. I don't believe it.

Fine, just don't be logically inconsistent.  Just say that you aren't going to believe until and unless you see one personally.

Albert Einswine

I haven't been logically inconsistent. All along I've contended that black panthers are unknown to North American history and science. If I ever witness one for myself that will obviously be a game changer, if science collects conclusive evidence, that will also be a game changer. But folk tales and modern eyewitnesses without any evidence mean zilch to me.

DeltaBoy

One of these days some one will hit or shoot one but until then we will have our doubts.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

majestic

Quote from: Albert Einswine on January 22, 2014, 01:36:55 pm
I haven't been logically inconsistent. All along I've contended that black panthers are unknown to North American history and science. If I ever witness one for myself that will obviously be a game changer, if science collects conclusive evidence, that will also be a game changer. But folk tales and modern eyewitnesses without any evidence mean zilch to me.
At least we know there is such thing. Bigfoot hunters on the other hand.... complete wackos.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

the_kosher_pig

This is Arkansas.  It could be a mythical creature such as a unicorn and some redneck would kill it without regard to what it means.  The fact a carcass of a black large cat hasn't shown up is proof it never existed.  Just like Bigfoot.  :o
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 24, 2012, 11:24:06 am
Or unless your and idiot that is just trying to stir things up.

lumphog

Quote from: twistitup on January 22, 2014, 05:20:52 am

I believe you & hope the non believers get eaten by Bigfoot

lumphog