Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

People Putting Bars in their Homes

Started by HawgWild, July 31, 2016, 04:58:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgWild

Saw this segment on NBC Today - Sunday. Thought they'd feature BR's place but maybe they're saving it for another time. http://www.today.com/food/forget-going-out-people-are-putting-bars-right-their-homes-t101330

BR

They offered, but I said I rather just share with my friends and not the whole world...  We are expanding the outside this fall with 2 outside Flat screens and a couple more smokers for football season
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Boarcephus

Quote from: BR on July 31, 2016, 06:16:55 pm
They offered, but I said I rather just share with my friends and not the whole world...  We are expanding the outside this fall with 2 outside Flat screens and a couple more smokers for football season

LOL!!  That'll give you how many smokers?
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Boarcephus on July 31, 2016, 06:37:52 pm
LOL!!  That'll give you how many smokers?
he's anticipating Shag showing up this year

PP

Boarcephus

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on July 31, 2016, 06:38:35 pm

PP

Not sure I've ever seen anyone cook on the scale BR does and as often as he does it. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Boarcephus on July 31, 2016, 06:46:03 pm
Not sure I've ever seen anyone cook on the scale BR does and as often as he does it.
agreed, always looks great

PP

PonderinHog

Most of the bars in homes around Memphis are in the windows...

BR

BR

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on July 31, 2016, 06:38:35 pm

PP
He's been here and delivered Yuengling..

HawgWild

Those were some well stocked bars. There wasn't any mention of anyone pitching in to off set the cost of the liquor being served. I can't imagine what the costs might be for an evening with an open bar.

BR

Quote from: HawgWild on August 02, 2016, 09:21:52 am
Those were some well stocked bars. There wasn't any mention of anyone pitching in to off set the cost of the liquor being served. I can't imagine what the costs might be for an evening with an open bar.
I have a bucket on Top of my fridge, It always gets money put into it.. I have a couple of Moocher friends, now they bring cases of beer to put in bar after about a month or too of coming over I had to crack on them telling them I'm providing Food, Booze, entertainment. Everyone else throws stuff in, or they bring a 1/2 gallon leave the bottle for the Bar..

Pulled(PP)pork

hoosier

Quote from: BR on August 02, 2016, 01:02:28 pm
  I have a bucket on Top of my fridge, It always gets money put into it.. I have a couple of Moocher friends, now they bring cases of beer to put in bar after about a month or too of coming over I had to crack on them telling them I'm providing Food, Booze, entertainment. Everyone else throws stuff in, or they bring a 1/2 gallon leave the bottle for the Bar..
I'm getting close to that point with a couple of my wife's friends. They come over and hang in the pool and maybe bring a 6 pack of wine coolers. Then end up drinking our vodka or Margaritas and staying for supper too.
It's ok once in a while but it's becoming a habit

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: PonderinHog on July 31, 2016, 09:27:03 pm
Most of the bars in homes around Memphis are in the windows...

and around AC units......................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

DeltaBoy

It was a interesting article we watched it when it was on the TV.  I could seen the benefits of doing such a thing.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.