Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 basketball recruit Portis picks the Razorbacks

Started by Big Daddy, August 06, 2011, 06:12:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

VBMark

Academic vs. Athletic scholarship has been discussed on Hogville prior to this. YES, you can get an academic scholarship and be a walk-on player. There are very, very specific rules for this, but it can and has been done.
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

poloprince

Quote from: mhuff on August 10, 2011, 10:24:00 am
RazorAg, we kinda discussed the scholarship availability not long ago and I was confused then. When the APR hit was anounced the next recruiting year was 2011-2012. From that point we had to take the hit within the next two years which is the 2012 or 2013 class. I sure hope I am wrong and we have 5 for 2012. That would allow room for Ross. I am pulling for him. We have a lot of talent on the board. If I am wrong about all this APR stuff let me know.

If you can take it within two years that means you can take it now right?  Think about it.  We will have 5 schollies next season, but i doubt MA uses all of them.  2013 class is where it is at.
$PoLoPrInCe$

Spider-Pig

Quote from: poloprince on August 10, 2011, 06:54:01 pm

If you can take it within two years that means you can take it now right?  Think about it.  We will have 5 schollies next season, but i doubt MA uses all of them.  2013 class is where it is at.

Stokes,Goodwin,Ross would be quite nice

RazorAg

Quote from: mhuff on August 10, 2011, 10:24:00 am
RazorAg, we kinda discussed the scholarship availability not long ago and I was confused then. When the APR hit was anounced the next recruiting year was 2011-2012. From that point we had to take the hit within the next two years which is the 2012 or 2013 class. I sure hope I am wrong and we have 5 for 2012. That would allow room for Ross. I am pulling for him. We have a lot of talent on the board. If I am wrong about all this APR stuff let me know.

Actually, the language was more like we had to take the hit as soon as possible, with the understanding that we had a little wiggle room since we had already signed the 2011 class and filled our 13 spots.  At the time of the announcement, we thought we would already have the 13 spots filled for the 2011-2012 season, but with transfers and Ross not making it, we can take the hit.  Having done research and talking to a few people that have talked with the staff, I'm confident of this.