Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kelley pleads guilty

Started by Rock City Razorback, February 22, 2018, 08:55:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock City Razorback

Spending 90 days in the slammer. Not sure how that affects spring ball? Either way, that's tough and not good.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/feb/21/kelley-pleads-guilty-dwi/

razorbackfaninar

He isn't spending any time in jail.

razorbackfaninar

It's an 89 day suspended sentence with credit for one day served.

kibster

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on February 22, 2018, 08:58:52 am
It's an 89 day suspended sentence with credit for one day served.

Yeah, I mean if you want to read the entire sentence...
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

RME

Easier to post sensationalism than actually comprehend what you read, I guess.

Also, the judge's name was William Storey...I bet someone somewhere on this board is concocting some wild theories.

Arazorbackguy1

Why not plead not guilty?  Hassle and trial and all that Jazz?  I'm not up on the law or trial law, but you rarely see guilty pleas. 
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

sowmonella

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on February 22, 2018, 08:55:28 am
Spending 90 days in the slammer. Not sure how that affects spring ball? Either way, that's tough and not good.

You might consider reading an article that you link. Dumb.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on February 22, 2018, 09:14:53 am
Why not plead not guilty?  Hassle and trial and all that Jazz?  I'm not up on the law or trial law, but you rarely see guilty pleas. 
He did plead not guilty and plea and arraignment, but then worked out the standard deal. The reason to do that is because the standard deal is 89 days time suspended. If you take it to trial and are convicted, the Judge could chose to give him 89 more days to serve.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on February 22, 2018, 09:13:33 am
Easier to post sensationalism than actually comprehend what you read, I guess.

Also, the judge's name was William Storey...I bet someone somewhere on this board is concocting some wild theories.
I thought about that as soon as I read it lol
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Nafunu32

I don't know many people who spend too much time on a dwi #1. Not like this is special treatment.

311Hog

Quote from: Nafunu32 on February 22, 2018, 09:43:29 am
I don't know many people who spend too much time on a dwi #1. Not like this is special treatment.

correct the first one is just costly in terms of fine and insurance damage.  at least in AR, if he gets another one he will really feel it.

Nafunu32

It means that he's sentenced to serve 90 days, but they will "suspend" the 89. If he's good and stays out of trouble, he will never have to do them. It's basically a way around the minimum sentencing laws. Like a suspended DL, it requires time in jail if caught driving. People usually get that time "suspended" too.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on February 22, 2018, 09:54:07 am
The article states that he was 'sentenced to 90 days in jail, with 89 days suspended and credit given for one day served.' So that's meaning that he's getting the 89 days of suspension instead of the 90 days in jail? It's worded as though he is spending time in jail and then the suspension is in addition to that, not that the suspension is taking place of the sentenced time actually in jail. Forgive me for not being a lawyer...

was sentenced by Judge William Storey to 90 days in jail, with 89 days suspended and credit given for one day served.

C'mon man. 89 + 1 = 90
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Jim Harris

miss the part about 89 days suspended and credit for 1 served?
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Jim Harris

]
The article states that he was 'sentenced to 90 days in jail, with 89 days suspended and credit given for one day served.' So that's meaning that he's getting the 89 days of suspension instead of the 90 days in jail? It's worded as though he is spending time in jail and then the suspension is in addition to that, not that the suspension is taking place of the sentenced time actually in jail. Forgive me for not being a lawyer...

I don't think you have to be a lawyer to get this ....

a jail term with a certain number of days suspended is not the say as getting a suspension of a certain number of days.

But I'm going to be nice and think you're just pulling all of our legs here and you got it the first time.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

KlubhouseKonnected

Actually in the criminal forum guilty plea is by far the most common outcome.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

TexasRazorback

Wow, I dont know how anyone who read the article linked would think he is spending one night in jail.

arkansasbred

Actually it's the opposite. A vast majority of traffic or criminal offenses end up with a guilty plea. At least in the court systems that I am in regularly.

twistitup

He will be so solid when he gets out CCM will want to move him to TE...
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

War Boar

I'm surprised no one else mentioned the fact that he was pulled over on the corner of Wedington and STEAMBOAT Drive. Coincidence or... ::)

Quote from: arkansasbred on February 22, 2018, 11:31:40 am
Actually it's the opposite. A vast majority of traffic or criminal offenses end up with a guilty plea. At least in the court systems that I am in regularly.
You must be a bad driver.;)

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: Karma on February 22, 2018, 09:21:08 am
He did plead not guilty and plea and arraignment, but then worked out the standard deal. The reason to do that is because the standard deal is 89 days time suspended. If you take it to trial and are convicted, the Judge could chose to give him 89 more days to serve.

He could have gotten anywhere from one day to one year from the Judge (or a Jury).
Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.

Veritas Arkansas

Guilty pleas happen in 95+% of cases, if not higher.
Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.

SooieGeneris

If you were a lawyer, that's what you might have a need for forgiveness of.. Just kidding. Lawyers are like those in any other profession, good, bad and ugly.

And you don't have to be a lawyer to understand that a suspended sentence is not served. Anyone who's ever seen any lawyer show on TV should know that..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Ark13 on February 22, 2018, 12:08:17 pm
I'm surprised no one else mentioned the fact that he was pulled over on the corner of Wedington and STEAMBOAT Drive. Coincidence or... ::)

So Dan Enos was in on the conspiracy? I believe that's who hung the Steamboat moniker on Kelley.. That is a funny coincidence.

Jim Harbaugh might buy into any Enos conspiracy theories, seems like he was pretty POed when Enos went to 'Bama..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

hobhog

Quote from: twistitup on February 22, 2018, 11:58:05 am

This. He will toughen up in The Yard or perish. This could be a good thing.

Hoggish1

Busta_Nutt

Nailed it. Right now I've got Vinny Gambini and John Gibbons on retainer, but I'm thinking I may switch over to you if you've got the capacity to handle cases.

DeltaBoy

Learn and go back and play Football.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogcards

I don't think he has to serve time, but he won't be on the team in a few weeks. 

He's done here.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

rkjones

hogcards

Quote from: rkjones on February 22, 2018, 03:05:13 pm
What makes you say that?

I'm not going to bash a player or former player here, but it's obvious there's other "issues" involved.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: hogcards on February 22, 2018, 03:08:15 pm
I'm not going to bash a player or former player here, but it's obvious there's other "issues" involved.

Providing a reason for a player being dismissed from the team isn't bashing. However, if you are just spreading misinformation then you may want to take it elsewhere.

RME

Quote from: hogcards on February 22, 2018, 03:08:15 pm

Do you really need attention this badly? On an anonymous message board? Man.

HiggiePiggy

Actually you see a lot of guilty pleas after they have been given a plea bargain. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

870hogfan

Quote from: twistitup on February 22, 2018, 11:58:05 am

Nah, he will be our starting QB this year...

ricepig

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on February 22, 2018, 04:00:28 pm
Do you really need attention this badly? On an anonymous message board? Man.

He definitely has a problem, but his batting average is about .050, so there's an excellent chance that Cole is the starter.

Hawgphat

I believe that the following is a legitimate question - - which may be virtually impossible, at this point in time, to intuitively answer with any appreciable degree of confidence; - - but I'll throw it out here anyway, and invite knowledgeable theorists to expound their presentiments.

IF - - I say IF - - Coach Morris is proven to be an "old school" strict disciplinarian who takes a very dim view of such law infraction peccadilloes, how will HE ultimately adjudge the subsequent "permanent episode fallout" to be in deciding upon the final QB pecking order and the viability of Kelley's candidacy for impending contention for at least a shot at attaining starting status in the head-to-head scrimmaging leading up to next fall?  Will this DUI likely deal a heavy blow to Kelley's prospects to remain on the team, - - let alone attain "number one" status?

What say you?

PorkRinds

90 day's with with 89 suspended means he won't be spend a day in jail.

twistitup

Quote from: 870hogfan on February 22, 2018, 05:18:09 pm

Nah, he will be our starting QB this year...

I was just playing around....dudes not spending any time in the slammer
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

870hogfan

Quote from: twistitup on February 22, 2018, 06:34:36 pm
I was just playing around....dudes not spending any time in the slammer

Haha man that went right over my head! 😂

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 22, 2018, 06:27:22 pm

90 day's with with 89 suspended means he won't be spend a day in jail.

Shhh, this thread still has misread potential to extract.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

liljo

Prayers up for Cole.  There seems to be a troubling pattern developing. After the LSU game. Now this...I really wish this young man well. But he needs to learn from these mistakes and take action.

Corrective action.
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

PorkRinds

Quote from: liljo on February 22, 2018, 08:25:06 pm
Prayers up for Cole.  There seems to be a troubling pattern developing. After the LSU game. Now this...I really wish this young man well. But he needs to learn from these mistakes and take action.

Corrective action.

What about after the LSU game?

jneal56

I didn't read anywhere in the article where it was the Fayetteville police departments fault. When this all happened there were several on here that were certain that it wasn't his own fault, he was innocent and it was a conspiracy concocted by the FPD.
"At least we are moral"

liljo

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 22, 2018, 08:37:09 pm
What about after the LSU game?

My mistake. I couldn't read the article. I now understand this isn't any new charge. Apologies all around, and I do sincerely wish this young man the best going forward. He has a lot of talent and some great opportunities ahead. 
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

lasthog

I'll forgive you for not being a scientific rocket too.  ;)

pigture perfect

I don't know which is worse, someone that makes a mistake with a post, or 25 duplicate posts reiterating that the same mistake was made.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

kodiakisland

Quote from: hogcards on February 22, 2018, 03:00:03 pm
I don't think he has to serve time, but he won't be on the team in a few weeks. 

He's done here.

You brought it up, so come out with it.  What is it you know?
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

PorkRinds

Quote from: kodiakisland on February 22, 2018, 10:22:18 pm
You brought it up, so come out with it.  What is it you know?

Less than you, without a doubt.