Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1984 Houston Highlights

Started by Jborohog09, December 27, 2013, 01:36:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jborohog09

Here are highlights of the 73-68 win over the #2 Cougars back in 84, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpRUhY_bQ84

Smithian

MikePiazza

"The Dream vs. The Nightmare"

It's weird watching those old games without a 3-point line.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

Inhogswetrust

I remember that game like it was yesterday. The party afterwards was epic!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Rawker

I don't care if UA gets back to being #1, the crowd will NEVER be that good again.  Just a different time and place that simply can't be revived.  I remember when if you weren't "in" on the tickets already, only a weird circumstance would get you in a game...people from all over the state waited for that friend who has a friend that might skip a game, leaving open the possibility.  Now about half the people from South Ark could drive to NWA without warning and all get in....so they could just sit there....clapping lightly at made buckets and steals.

maxhog5

For all the excitement and the championship and all during the Richardson era, because of the way things went down early on in his career, the oneness of the fans and team was just never the same as it was during this time.  Plus we really hated this Houston team.

greghog

While that was a pretty good team of ours, it wasn't a great team (did beat UNC that year, but if I recall, we lost early in the NCAA's) and that team could beat any team in the NCAA now.

I hate that anyone with much talent leaves early now.  That team had players that played for us for years.  They were much more of a "team" than you hardly ever see anymore.

Hollywood_HOGan45

If we ever have a big winner again, the crowd will be back.

PonderinHog

Quote from: greghog on December 27, 2013, 04:31:50 pm
While that was a pretty good team of ours, it wasn't a great team (did beat UNC that year, but if I recall, we lost early in the NCAA's) and that team could beat any team in the NCAA now.

I hate that anyone with much talent leaves early now.  That team had players that played for us for years.  They were much more of a "team" than you hardly ever see anymore.
Virginia knocked us out early.  Can't remember if it was the first or second game of the tourney - probably the first.

Kevin

probably my greatest game as a student. it was a sunday, they might as well had cancelled classes the next day.

looking back i wish they would have built a 12,000 seat snake pit to replace barnhill.

one more thing, BRING BACK THE SLOBBER HOG
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Mr. Porkleone

FATHAWG08

The Hogs had some great shooters. They probably would of had 15 3pointers in the game. That is one thing that is becoming a lost art. Outside shooting!
I love off season Football!!

southarkhog06

JONAS

Quote from: MikePiazza on December 27, 2013, 02:00:20 pm
"The Dream vs. The Nightmare"

It's weird watching those old games without a 3-point line.

Yep.  I started watching basketball the year they first got the three point line.

Hoggle

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on December 27, 2013, 07:41:16 pm
Let's go back to barnhill

Agreed. The big difference between Barnhill and Bud Walton is they got greedy with Bud Walton and tried to add too many seats.... and they did this by reducing the steepness of the seating. In Barnhill, it felt like you were about to topple onto the floor from your seat. Walking down the isles was tricky too. No space between your knees and the seat in front of you. Those may all sound like bad things but for atmosphere and feeling like, as a fan, you were more involved in the game, it was great. Bud Walton is the opposite. Bud was ok when the team was great but I knew that place would be trouble when things dropped off. I remember comparing it to Tennessee's arena at the time - in which the seats seemed to slope back from the court and had a cavernous feel. They said the built a "bigger barn" but, in fact, they ruined it.