Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BR's Garden & Back Yard..

Started by BR, July 14, 2012, 12:49:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

BR

Just got first harvest out of the Patch...  Tilled up an extra 10 x 30 spot this year.... Gonna be big..

Boog41

Perfect size BR. I grilled some last night on my BGE.

BR

Quote from: Boog41 on March 31, 2017, 08:10:19 pm
Perfect size BR. I grilled some last night on my BGE.
Thank you, Hopefully the patch will do all right...  I planted 48,  2 year old plants last year..  Gonna add another 48 this year..

Boog41

So they obviously hold up to the cold winters. That's a hard one for me to get my head around.

BR

Quote from: Boog41 on April 01, 2017, 11:23:37 am
So they obviously hold up to the cold winters. That's a hard one for me to get my head around.
Not an issue at all...  Once the harvesting is done, just let them grow... Then after first frost cut back to ground level..

HawgWild

Do you expect to harvest more this year or is this pretty much it? I'm on 3rd year root stock right now and it looks like I'll have to wait another year to get a good bunch that's ready all at the same time but I only started with 25.

BR

Quote from: HawgWild on April 01, 2017, 03:36:46 pm
Do you expect to harvest more this year or is this pretty much it? I'm on 3rd year root stock right now and it looks like I'll have to wait another year to get a good bunch that's ready all at the same time but I only started with 25.
I will have another picking ready in about 2-3 days.. The spears broke threw the ground yesterday

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.