Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Notre Dame QB commitment dropped possibly for MM

Started by mikeirwin, December 07, 2005, 09:54:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mchogfan

Quote from: mikeirwin on December 08, 2005, 03:28:34 pm
I have gone back to my sources for this story. They insist it is correct. They say it may take a few days for it to play out.
A reporter has to be ultimately responsible when his story is incorrect. I certainly will admit this if in a few days the story proves to be wrong. My sources insist that Mitch was given this information. If that's true and if he was told something that wasn't true maybe he will see that for what it was which would be good for Arkansas. But again, I have multiple sources for this story and all of them believe at this point the story is true.

Mike, obviously, you and your counterparts from the other stations have all been given the same informantion.  I respect you and trust you, but it just seems that something must have been lost in translation.  Maybe they have promised Mitch they will make room or something like that.  It's just hard to imagine that Charlie Weis would look a kid's parents in the eye and offer a scholarship; let him prepare for five months to make the move; prepare for the Army All Star game with intentions to say "Notre Dame" on national televison; and then call them and say he's changed his mind. This has quickly become another topic that there is no official statement from anyone, and it seems to have taken on a life of its own.  I'm going to close the book on it.  Either your guy(s) are correct or it's a rare miss for them.
California...they tell me I was born there, but I really don't remember.

mikeirwin

I will apologize to all of you if this story proves to be wrong.
At this point my sources say it is correct and I will leave it that way until it becomes clear one way or another.

michaelkmcneil

Not to discredit your sources, but don't you find it hard to believe a highly touted Notre Dame Quarterback recruit would lose his scholarship because of an err in character, and nobody knows about this?  With all due respect, let's use our heads. 

hoggystyle78

MM is gone, get over it guys, it was a pipe dream all along. What young up and coming athlete would choose Arkansas over Notre Dame? It's not even a contest. The only thing going for the Hogs was the incredible longshot that we would finally do the right thing after the last 2 decades of phuck ups, and we didn't, AGAIN, another missed opportunity, that's the story of Razorback FB. Don't get pissed at me I'm not the one who phucked it up, just an observation on my part.

razorback107

yeah from what i've heard joe f was recruited hard...during that time period how many recruits were allowed to come in???and wasnt it a lot harder to be recruited by uark then?? i was reading a thing that says there were only like 7 people recruited by uark that year...joe furgeson and ken stuckey and david harper...just a few i was looking...i those were all in the same year if i recall.

ab2cmiller

Just wanted to comment on the ND Central Link posted earlier that was reporting Mustain to ND as an early enrollee.

It looks more and more like a ploy to drive web traffic to this guys site.  The webmaster of the site even went so far as to post his bio and boast of his history of postings on other sites.  Please note that he got kicked out and was banned from at least one site.  Here is the link to his bio.

http://www.leaguelineup.com/miscinfo.asp?menuid=49&cmenuid=49&url=ndcentral&sid=240793431

He started a thread on his own web site that stated the following:
"Today, Notre Dame Central received close to 3,000 hits as everyone wants to know about Mitch Mustain. We posted that it "appears" Mustain is headed to ND and then a couple of our posters Irish Fanatic15 and Irish Glory visited the Rivals site and promoted us. This was a huge day for ND Central"

Here is the link to that thread:  http://www.leaguelineup.com/forumsdetail.asp?sid=240793431&url=ndcentral&itemid=1181118

Looks like this guy is strangely obsessed with bring attention to himself and his website.  Notice how he almost wets himself when commenting about the web traffic.  Also note, that he himself put the word "appears" in quotes when saying that they had reported that Mustain "appears" to be headed to ND.

With all that said, I suppose MM could end up at ND as Mike previously was reporting.  But I doubt it happens like this joker at ND Central was reporting.

ab2cmiller

Quote from: mikeirwin on December 08, 2005, 03:47:06 pm
I will apologize to all of you if this story proves to be wrong.
At this point my sources say it is correct and I will leave it that way until it becomes clear one way or another.

Mike,
Now that almost a week has passed, do you still believe this story to be true???

HogISH™

my sources, my sources my sources.... we are all tired of all the "my sources" posts and comments on the air.

was your source a ND coach? NO they can not comment...

was your source MM or BC? NO again...

hearing something from a friend of a friend of a friend is not a source.

"They insist it is correct"... at least you and your firends are all on the same page.

you are still guessing - the good news is you probably have a 50-50 chance to be correct like everyone else giving their .02 worth.

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

TerryD

His "souces" have been dead wrong twice.

First, on the "character issues"  claim which switched first to Demetrius Jones then to Zach Frazer (both men wrongly maligned);  then

Second, on this "dropped scholarship offer" regarding Zach Frazer.  It is equally wrong.