Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interesting note about Chip Kelly ever being hired in the SEC

Started by Augustus, October 29, 2017, 07:36:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Augustus

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/college-footballs-coaching-carousel-will-scott-frost-2018-191153413.html

But new SEC legislation passed at the spring meetings earlier this year requires an extra layer for hiring a coach with prior NCAA issues. According to a document provided by the SEC, it says any coach "who has either engaged in unethical conduct or participated in activity that resulted in a major infraction" must have the school's president or chancellor "consult with the commissioner" about the hiring. This essentially creates another layer of accountability and pause before bringing a coach into the league with NCAA issues.

Kelly received a show-cause from the NCAA for head coach responsibility after he'd left Oregon for the NFL, stemming from recruiting violations. If he or anyone else with NCAA issues gets hired in the SEC, it will mean a phone call to Greg Sankey from someone above the athletic director's head. But with Kelly unlikely to be looking toward the SEC, the new legislation likely won't come into play

factchecker

Basically, if Bama or Florida want to hire Chip then they will.

If anyone else wants to hire him they will be told no.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

go hogues

Quote from: factchecker on October 29, 2017, 07:37:29 pm
Basically, if Bama or Florida want to hire Chip, then they will.

Fify
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Cinco de Hogo

Which means we need to be first so they can't pull that, even if we have no plans to hire him make the SEC take a stand on him.  That's the way you play hardball...ask DVH.

(notOM)Rebel123

Yep
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

grayhawg

Let him go to Florida, if I remember correctly both Auburn and LSU spanked his Oregon teams in bowl games.

greasy_corner

You could add a few other teams to this list, but yes, if Jorts U wants to hire him, there will be no holdup.

Hog N Bama

Rrriiiiiiiiiiight

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Augustus on October 29, 2017, 07:36:18 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/college-footballs-coaching-carousel-will-scott-frost-2018-191153413.html

But new SEC legislation passed at the spring meetings earlier this year requires an extra layer for hiring a coach with prior NCAA issues. According to a document provided by the SEC, it says any coach "who has either engaged in unethical conduct or participated in activity that resulted in a major infraction" must have the school's president or chancellor "consult with the commissioner" about the hiring. This essentially creates another layer of accountability and pause before bringing a coach into the league with NCAA issues.

Kelly received a show-cause from the NCAA for head coach responsibility after he'd left Oregon for the NFL, stemming from recruiting violations. If he or anyone else with NCAA issues gets hired in the SEC, it will mean a phone call to Greg Sankey from someone above the athletic director's head. But with Kelly unlikely to be looking toward the SEC, the new legislation likely won't come into play

In our case isn't Long Vice Chancellor..?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

go hogues

As long as it's the east and not west division, I don't care.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

HardCore

Precisely
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

GoHogs1091

I am not convinced that Kelly wants to coach in the SEC.

Supposedly, he doesn't like to recruit.

At Oregon, he basically only had to use Phil Knight's football facility and the Nike uniforms to recruit for him.

Also, Kelly saw first hand about the SEC when he was at Oregon when he played LSU and Auburn, and he didn't fare well against both.

Quote from: grayhawg on October 29, 2017, 08:33:50 pm
Let him go to Florida, if I remember correctly both Auburn and LSU spanked his Oregon teams in bowl games.
Auburn won by 3.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net