Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Season prediction for U of A football

Started by HognotinMemphis, August 30, 2017, 09:18:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

Fla A&M - Win

TCU - Loss (team speed and TCU coaching = a win in RRS for the Horny Toads)

Texas A&M - Loss (this will make 6 losses in a row to A&M)

NM State - Win

South Carolina - Loss

Alabama - Loss (0-3 start in SEC...sound familiar? 11 consecutive losses to Alabama)

Auburn - Loss (they beat us 56-3 last year. We have not improved nearly enough to play with them; 0-4 start in SEC)

Ole Miss - Win (OM will be reeling all year)

Coastal - Win

LSU - Loss

Miss St - Win

Missouri - Win (i hope...they are better than last year and Hogs are worse)

Win the last two over crap SEC teams too go from 1-5 to 3-5 and 6-6 overall, saving the program from missing a bowl game. Hogs go to bottom tier bowl this year and lose to another 6-6 team after having a double-digit lead at the half.

Bielema is 10-22 in SEC play. Another 3-5 this year, at best, followed by anything less than 5-3 in 2018, and Bielema will be fired after 2018, assuming he does not leave on his own. Doubt he will do that given the income he receives. Tough to find that kind of income anywhere in college football when your conference winning percentage is 31% after 4 seasons.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Pig in the Pokey

why people keep picking us to lose to the Cocks? they are NOT going to be good, ya'll...
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

RazorWest

That would be worse case scenario.  I think they win one if not two from TCU, Ags, SC, LSU

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 30, 2017, 09:24:07 am
why people keep picking us to lose to the Cocks? they are NOT going to be good, ya'll...
SC has had overall better recruiting classes for at least the last 3 years than Arkansas. Plus, it is a home game for the Cocks.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

I agree with this except SC. I see seven wins. With a great coach I think this could be a 9 or 10 win season with this schedule. I just do not have a lot of faith in CBB based on his in game coaching the last four years. He always wins one he shouldn't then loses two or three he should win. Remind you of a former razorback coach?

Lanny

Quote from: HoginMemphis on August 30, 2017, 09:18:40 am
Fla A&M - Win

NM State - Win

South Carolina - Loss

Alabama - Loss (0-3 start in SEC...sound familiar? 11 consecutive losses to Alabama)

Auburn - Loss (they beat us 56-3 last year. We have not improved nearly enough to play with them; 0-4 start in SEC)

Coastal - Win

LSU - Loss

Miss St - Win

Win the last two over crap SEC teams too go from 1-5 to 3-5 and 6-6 overall, saving the program from missing a bowl game. Hogs go to bottom tier bowl this year and lose to another 6-6 team after having a double-digit lead at the half.

Bielema is 10-22 in SEC play. Another 3-5 this year, at best, followed by anything less than 5-3 in 2018, and Bielema will be fired after 2018, assuming he does not leave on his own. Doubt he will do that given the income he receives. Tough to find that kind of income anywhere in college football when your conference winning percentage is 31% after 4 seasons.

TCU game is a make or break game, I see this game as a TCU win too
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Dr Carl aka Shorthog on August 30, 2017, 09:30:12 am
I agree with this except SC. I see seven wins. With a great coach I think this could be a 9 or 10 win season with this schedule. I just do not have a lot of faith in CBB based on his in game coaching the last four years. He always wins one he shouldn't then loses two or three he should win. Remind you of a former razorback coach?
Nutt but without the drama and keystone kops coaching staff that Nutt brought.

bhogs05

Fla A&M- W
TCU-W
A&M-W
NM St-W
S Car-W
Bama-L
Auburn-L
Ole Miss-W
Coastal-W
LSU-L
Miss St-W
Mizzou-W

9-3 and New Years Bowl

Wildhog

Fla A&M- W
TCU-L
A&M-L
NM St-W
S Car-W
Bama-L
Auburn-L
Ole Miss-W
Coastal-W
LSU-L
Miss St-W
Mizzou-W

7-5
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PonderinHog

Hoggish1

[With appology to author=HoginMemphis link=topic=636379.msg10926650#msg10926650 date=1504102720]
Fla A&M - Win

TCU - Win (Horny Toads do not as good a coaching staff as some believe and we are better than last year)

Texas A&M - Win (this breaks a five game losing streak to A&M and starts an aTm spiral early—Sumlin gone)

NM State - Win

South Carolina - Win (USCe has a bad coach.  He was fired at Florida with all their resources)

Auburn - Win (they beat us 56-3 last year. We pay them back)

Coastal - Win

LSU - Loss

Miss St - Win

Bielema given big extension

[/quote]

See above

The OTR

Fla A&M - Win

NM State - Win

South Carolina - Loss

Coastal - Win

LSU - Loss

Miss St - Win

Well well well.  Hate to say nobody cares...but nobody cares. I'd prefer we go ahead and play the games rather than rely on your predictions. 

Hoggish1

[With appology to author=HoginMemphis link=topic=636379.msg10926650#msg10926650 date=1504102720]
Fla A&M - Win

TCU - Win (Horny Toads do not as good a coaching staff as some believe and we are better than last year)

Texas A&M - Win (this breaks a five game losing streak to A&M and starts an aTm spiral early—Sumlin gone)

NM State - Win

South Carolina - Win (USCe has a bad coach.  He was fired at Florida with all their resources)

Coastal - Win

LSU - Loss

Miss St - Win

[/quote]

See above
Quote from: HoginMemphis on August 30, 2017, 09:27:38 am
SC has had overall better recruiting classes for at least the last 3 years than Arkansas. Plus, it is a home game for the Cocks.

OK, but what is your reason for picking a team coached by someone who couldn't get it done at a school with way more resources?

HognotinMemphis

August 30, 2017, 09:50:37 am #13 Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 01:30:08 pm by HoginMemphis
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on August 30, 2017, 09:48:54 am
Well well well.  Hate to say nobody cares...but nobody cares. I'd prefer we go ahead and play the games rather than rely on your predictions.
No one is asking you to rely on anyone's predictions but your thickheaded response is par for you. Take offense rather than counter with your own thoughts on the issue. Rather neanderthalic.

bphi11ips

Quote from: bhogs05 on August 30, 2017, 09:35:54 am
Fla A&M- W
TCU-W
A&M-W
NM St-W
S Car-W
Bama-L
Auburn-L
Ole Miss-W
Coastal-W
LSU-L
Miss St-W
Mizzou-W

9-3 and New Years Bowl

I approve this message. 

TCU game will be a classic.  AA once again will be the difference in the fourth quarter.  Battle of QBs in a game worthy of CBS prime slot.

A&M has Christian Kirk.  Don't punt to him.  Hogs beat Aggies and win next four in Dallas.

Not sold on Jake Bentley.  Arkansas comes in undefeated to face a 2 or 3 loss Gamecocks squad.  Hogs have too much offense to lose this one. 

Might catch LSU on a bad day. Who knows?

Hogs beat Texas or Oklahoma State in Cotton and finish number 12.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

jkstock04

If we lose to TCU at home to start the year that's really going to suck.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Wildhog

Quote from: jkstock04 on August 30, 2017, 09:57:49 am
If we lose to TCU at home to start the year that's really going to suck.

That's going to be a good game.  I think we lose a close one, but it could go either way.
1909/1964/1965/1977

The Hawg Marshal

I think the predicted demise of Ole Miss is greatly exaggerated at this point. They still have a ton of offensive talent. Not saying we can't win, but putting them as an automatic win never goes well for the Hogs. Mizzou last year comes to mind.

Wildhog

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on August 30, 2017, 10:02:55 am
I think the predicted demise of Ole Miss is greatly exaggerated at this point. They still have a ton of offensive talent. Not saying we can't win, but putting them as an automatic win never goes well for the Hogs. Mizzou last year comes to mind.

I think they'll have a bad year, but they'll be dangerous on any given Saturday, due to talent alone.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on August 30, 2017, 09:35:22 am
Nutt but without the drama and keystone kops coaching staff that Nutt brought.
Exactly. People want to like CBB. But few have much faith in him right now. Most fans wanted Nutt to lose

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

This is true. We may beat TCU and TAM then lose to OM and Mizz. Typical CBB

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Dr Carl aka Shorthog on August 30, 2017, 10:11:15 am
This is true. We may beat TCU and TAM then lose to OM and Mizz. Typical CBB
This exact scenario has actually crossed my mind as well.

HognotinMemphis

Funny. Did I say, "automatic win"? Ole Miss will be in disarray all season. I think Hogs will win that game...I could be wrong about that. Remember the John L Smith year for Arkansas? Pre-season rank #8. Went 4-8 I believe.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: HoginMemphis on August 30, 2017, 01:32:32 pm
Funny. Did I say, "automatic win"? Ole Miss will be in disarray all season. I think Hogs will win that game...I could be wrong about that. Remember the John L Smith year for Arkansas? Pre-season rank #8. Went 4-8 I believe.
My comment had more to do with everyone on the thread penciling in Ole Miss as a win , than it did any specific person predicting it. That is why I didn't quote you or anyone else. They have a lot of talent still and the only thing they are missing is Freeze. We will find out how much difference that will make.

daBoar

Quote from: Lanny on August 30, 2017, 09:33:42 am
TCU game is a make or break game, I see this game as a TCU win too
Sadly, even the boss doesn't consider the value of the QB situation.  AA, a 5th year senior in his second year as a starter, playing at home, behind an improved (at least aged) OL, should have a very fine season.  I can't imagine TCU stopping us this season.

Cj_martin

5-7 or maybe 6-6! I don't see us hanging with the big boys in the SEC and TCU will be ready this year.

Wildhog

Quote from: Cj_martin on August 30, 2017, 07:30:46 pm
5-7 or maybe 6-6! I don't see us hanging with the big boys in the SEC and TCU will be ready this year.

Absolutely no way we have a losing record.
1909/1964/1965/1977

hawginbigd1

Fla A&M- W
TCU-W
A&M-W
NM St-W
S Car-W
Bama-L
Auburn-L
Ole Miss-W
Coastal-W
LSU-L
Miss St-W
Mizzou-W

9-3 and New Years Bowl
Exactly where I see it and it could be better than that by a game or 2

elksnort

Fla A&M - Win

NM State - Win

South Carolina - Loss

Coastal - Win

LSU - Loss

Miss St - Win

layin' (pointing out) the potential bomb.

HamSammich

Better question is why there are 103728197 2017 season prediction threads... no offense to the op but I could care less what he or she predicts.

Razorback_2007

Fla A&M- W
TCU-L
A&M-W
NM St-W
S Car-L
Bama-L
Auburn-W
Ole Miss-W
Coastal-W
LSU-L
Miss St-W
Mizzou-W

8-4
IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE ROAD YOUR LIFE IS ON...PAVE A NEW ONE

Calling All Hogs

We go 7-5 with usual losses to aTm and Bama along with losses to TCU, Auburn and LSU.  Jeff Long is overwhelmed with joy about how the program is well ahead of schedule. We get a bowl game and talk is about how valuable those extra practices are for young players to grow. But fortunately good grade point averages show just how uncommon we are. There is some complaining by uncommonly ungrateful fans but Jeff slaps that crazy talk down with a lecture on there being more important things than winning. Jeff is quoted as saying "The fault, dear Brutus, lies not in our recruiting stars, but in ourselves as fans with only high expectations of winning".  And the beat goes on.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 30, 2017, 09:04:12 pm
Exactly where I see it and it could be better than that by a game or 2
Funniest comment in this thread. It is literally impossible for the Hogs to go 9-3 this year and odds of a game or two better are same as me winning the powerball. It is more likely that Hillary Clinton is elected POTUS in 2020 than it is for the Hogs to go 9-3 this year.

Lanny

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on August 30, 2017, 10:19:04 pm
We go 7-5 with usual losses to aTm and Bama along with losses to TCU, Auburn and LSU.  Jeff Long is overwhelmed with joy about how the program is well ahead of schedule. We get a bowl game and talk is about how valuable those extra practices are for young players to grow. But fortunately good grade point averages show just how uncommon we are. There is some complaining by uncommonly ungrateful fans but Jeff slaps that crazy talk down with a lecture on there being more important things than winning. Jeff is quoted as saying "The fault, dear Brutus, lies not in our recruiting stars, but in ourselves as fans with only high expectations of winning".  And the beat goes on.
Deja Vu
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

HighcountryHog

In case you haven't noticed, the Hogs haven't been anything special to write home about either.
no bumps, no fat chicks

widespreadsooie

Quote from: HamSammich on August 30, 2017, 09:09:23 pm
Better question is why there are 103728197 2017 season prediction threads... no offense to the op but I could care less what he or she predicts.

How much more less could you care?

Joke aside- Some of you sleeping on SC need to wake up and smell the roses. We may win but it won't be easy. There's no way we win if our D is as bad as last season.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HognotinMemphis

Remember last year at all?

First game, Hogs beat La Tech by 1, 21-20.

Then squeaked out a 2 OT win over TCU.

Then beat up on Texas St

After that, their collective ass was kicked by A&M.

Win over Alcorn State in LR

Alabama, Auburn and LSU embarrassed the Hogs.

After beating Miss St 58-42, (how do they score 58 at Starkville and only 3 at Auburn?) they end the season getting outscored 56-0 in 2nd halves of Mizzou and Va Tech games.

PonderinHog

I remember when HIM didn't post here.  Good times...

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 31, 2017, 09:22:51 am
I remember when HIM didn't post here.  Good times...
That is usually what old timers throw out within 24 hours of my post after I have not posted in months or years. They have no valid response or comment so they reply with add-nothing comments like yours...that is how you get to over 47,000 posts. Majority of them have zero content.

PonderinHog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on August 31, 2017, 09:31:00 am
That is usually what old timers throw out within 24 hours of my post after I have not posted in months or years. They have no valid response or comment so they reply with add-nothing comments like yours...that is how you get to over 47,000 posts. Majority of them have zero content.
I understand that you think you're special.

Quote from: Lanny on August 31, 2017, 07:21:37 am
Deja Vu

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=636312.0

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Athog

Fla A&M - Win

NM State - Win

South Carolina - Loss

Coastal - Win

LSU - Loss

Miss St - Win

9-3

ur

new mexico state playing on pac12 network for any late nighters

onebadrubi

Quote from: HamSammich on August 30, 2017, 09:09:23 pm

He really just wanted a reason to post his last paragraph, that's all.

HognotinMemphis

I believe I am on track with 6-6 after viewing last night's game.

Großer Kriegschwein

7-5 to 9-3.

Won't really know more until the TCU post game.
This is my non-signature signature.

HognotinMemphis

Fla A&M - Win

NM State - Win

South Carolina - Loss

Coastal - Win

LSU - Loss

Miss St - Win

I'm perfect so far. But, I am going to miss my prediction by 2 games due to likelihood of the Hogs losing the last 2 games. I do mention a caveat regarding the Missouri game but still predicted a W for Hogs in that one. As for Miss St game, I totally underestimated how good Miss St is this year. So instead of 6-6 and 3-5, looks like it will be 4-8 and 1-7. Bye, Bret.

HognotinMemphis

Fla A&M- W
TCU-W
A&M-W
NM St-W
S Car-W
Bama-L
Auburn-L
Ole Miss-W
Coastal-W
LSU-L
Miss St-W
Mizzou-W

9-3 and New Years Bowl
LOL!

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Hoggish1 on August 30, 2017, 09:48:21 am
Fla A&M - Win

NM State - Win

Coastal - Win

LSU - Loss

Miss St - Win

See above
Triple LOL! Note to self: never listen to this guy.