Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyson Invitational/World Records

Started by hogmary, February 13, 2006, 09:00:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogmary

Those of you who went to the Tyson Meet on Friday night and Saturday afternoon got to see history being made.  Fayetteville's own Wallace Spearmon, Jr. broke the 17 year old 300 meter record of 32.19 by running 38.11.  He beat out the 400 meter world record holder, Kerron Clement, LeShawn Merritt and Omar Brown.  Clement and Merritt also ran faster than 32.19.  Several world and US best times were run both on Friday night and Saturday afternoon.  The Hogs qualified more athletes for NCAAs and ran a best time of the year in the DMR.  Saturday, an all-star team broke the 7 year old 4x400 meter relay world record.  Lead off was Kerron Clement, next was Wallace Spearmon, Jr., Derold Williamson and Jeremy Wairner (last two are former Baylor Bears and gold medalists in this event at the Athens Olympics).
Incredible meet and a chance to see a lot of world class athletes in action.
This makes 3 world records and one American record set at the Randal Tyson Track Center in just under a year.  If you have never been to a meet there, try to go to the NCAA Championships  March 10-12.  The Hogs will be going for Championship number 42. 

HogISH™

already have tickets and will be there. for those going to the Cal State Northridge baseball game you can knock off two birds w/ one stone. we left the baseball game last year just to watch wallace run.. it was worth it.

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.