Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Baseball 2-12-06

Started by hogfan13, February 12, 2006, 10:07:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan13

http://www.secsports.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=5&url_article_id=6820&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2

My SEC team of the Weekend would have to go to The Florida Gators WHY ???

The top-ranked Gator baseball team completed a weekend sweep of Cincinnati on Sunday afternoon with a 20-4 victory at McKethan Stadium. Florida (3-0) scored in its first five at bats and out-scored the Bearcats (0-3) over the three games by a 40-8 margin. Junior Gavin Dickey (Tallahassee, Fla.) was 3-for-4 and set career highs with two homers and four runs batted in, while classmate Brian Jeroloman (Wellington, Fla.) provided a three-run blast and matched his personal best of four RBI. Freshman J.K. LaCoste (Jacksonville, Fla.) earned the win in his first appearance with three scoreless innings.

RAZ FAN

Thats preety good stats, but how do you pass up the No-Hitter by the hogs against a very good OSU team. I think they said it had been quite a few years since they were given a no-hitter. I will say we kinda slumped in game 3 but we still won. Go Hogs

CharlieHog

hogfan064

Quote from: Hamblin Hog on February 12, 2006, 10:07:54 pm
http://www.secsports.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=5&url_article_id=6820&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2

My SEC team of the Weekend would have to go to The Florida Gators WHY ???

The top-ranked Gator baseball team completed a weekend sweep of Cincinnati on Sunday afternoon with a 20-4 victory at McKethan Stadium. Florida (3-0) scored in its first five at bats and out-scored the Bearcats (0-3) over the three games by a 40-8 margin. Junior Gavin Dickey (Tallahassee, Fla.) was 3-for-4 and set career highs with two homers and four runs batted in, while classmate Brian Jeroloman (Wellington, Fla.) provided a three-run blast and matched his personal best of four RBI. Freshman J.K. LaCoste (Jacksonville, Fla.) earned the win in his first appearance with three scoreless innings.

If the Hogs played Cinci we'd probably do the same thing.  The Hogs played 3 very good opponents this weekend away from Baum.  Alabama split a series with a very good Winthrop team and Auburn split with FSU.  Those are more impressive wins than blowouts over Cinci IMO