Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kyle Hancock

Started by UnionChristian#3, February 12, 2006, 08:49:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

UnionChristian#3

is he going to be able to join the baseball team this year? it would be a shame if he didnt get to. THe NCAA is a frickin joke. They let Kentucky's Morris do it but they would let us. They are denying a kid a chance to get an education and have a life after baseball. i hope it all works out.
"It's not who I am on the inside, but it's what I do, that defines who I am."

pioneerhog

If I remember right the NCAA turned down his appeal and he will be head either back to the Rockies or to a junior college. Again I think this is correct but I could be wrong.

italianhog

Conway hog, he never took any money from the Rockies.  Randolph Morris went further into the pro process than Hancock did and even took money from proagents and the NCAA reinstated him....dont get all high and mighty on hancock....when morris did the same thing and was reinstated

jrw11475

The NCAA group are a bunch of freaking idiots.  A guy decides to go to college and not jump at money.  But lets penalize him for the thought of it.  posters

ENHOG

Too many policies and procedures and hoops and red tape.  I wish he was with us now!  I don't know the whole story and would really like to find out??
\\\"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do.\\\"

PintailKiller

Kyle Hancock SIGNED a professional contract with the Rockies.  He cannot play collegiate baseball at any level, including JUCO.  His only option is to talk to Colorado and see if he can still play for them or play in an Independent League until he becomes a free agent.
It does not matter that he didn't cash the bonus check - he signed a contract and reported to his rookie team.  End of story.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

hound dog

The magic word SIGNED end of story

1967 Grad

NCAA does make errors......remember Sunday Adebayo?....Of course, having made them look bad will haunt us in any future rulings by that grand orginization.