Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

?????? about the Sunday games pitching for the hogs

Started by RazorHawg16, February 12, 2006, 05:38:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorHawg16

Will this continue to be a problem? or is it going to get better a little later on? anyone with insite would be helpful. :razorback: :razorback:

dotnet

Boyce is the one who started today.  He is projected to be the Saturday starter.  He has been one of our better pitchers for the last two years.  If Boyce is the biggest concern for this team, then we're in great shape.

Our Sunday pitcher can be one of a few people.  Chris Rhoads started Friday and he pitched well.  If could turn into being a really good Sunday starter, or even better.  It's only been one weekend, but I don't think the Sunday starter is going to be a big problem at all.

By the way, in college baseball, if you can get your Sunday starter to have an ERA under 3 then you're doing really really well.

baumsquad

Boyce allowed 1 earned run, he didn't pitch bad he was on a 50 pitch pitch count!  Pitching seems like it is going to be good.  Seibert, Land, or Smith didn't even pitch this weekend!
JUST WIN BABY!!

mikeb

Quote from: baumsquad on February 12, 2006, 06:21:00 pm
Boyce allowed 1 earned run, he didn't pitch bad he was on a 50 pitch pitch count!  Pitching seems like it is going to be good.  Seibert, Land, or Smith didn't even pitch this weekend!
I agree, we will be fine

razorbacks1usa

all that matters is
we are 3-0 and we won
Texas didn't ever win there first 3 they played
the baseball team is gonna be OK

Hawgin84

Keep in mind the weather was not the most ideal for pitchers. I know the wind helped keep a ball or two in the park in the Okie St. game, and that was in our pitcher's favor, but it wasn't the best conditions for a pitcher to get loose and have his best stuff. Being early, on a low pitch count, poor weather (cold), the results, the pitching has a chance to be very good.  :razorback:

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

boomo26

We will be fine.  We no hit OK State on Saturday in the second game of the season.  That looks pretty good to me.  On Sunday Horn was just trying out different pictures just like he did on Friday and Saturday.  Friday and Saturday turned out very well.

Boomo