Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mark This Down

Started by SAUhogfan, February 12, 2006, 04:33:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SAUhogfan

We will win the SEC tournament.  Just watch.

12under

hope you are right, but you might want to stay in school and not become a professional prognosticator

bigred7987

The way we are built I can see us doing that.  Esp with so many close losses.

The real Hogules

I hate to be so negative, but a team that can't beat MSU in Stankville, will be lucky to make it past the second round of the SEC tournament.
I think it's asking waaaaaay to much of this team to win four games in four days.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Tater Salad

SAUhogfan

At least I made somebody laugh.  We have played decent at neutral sites so far this year.  Barely lost to UConn and beat Kansas and Texas Tech. 

Tater Salad

Seriously, though, I'd love to see it happen as much as anyone....I just don't see it happening

hogsrule44

if we make it to the championshit game it will prolly be against Tennessee or Florida and we play them coming up so we will see.

fleaflicker22

but we will probably play alot better on a neutral court than at any SEC school's home court.

the donger

Mark this down. You are nuts!

SAUhogfan

Come on and have some faith.  Don't be such a [CENSORED].

SAUhogfan

Who in the hell is Rod Thigpen?

CiriusPorker

i would usually make fun of a post like this,...but i think you're right...all the pieces will fall into place miraculously for Stan, and win the SEC and slip into the NCAA T.  The reason we started slow yesterday, I believe, was that Stan's strategy changed to allow the team to finish the game stronger...this is key.  I will not be surprised to see us in the final game of the SEC Tournament.

Tater Salad

Quote from: CiriusPorker on February 12, 2006, 05:56:01 pm
  The reason we started slow yesterday, I believe, was that Stan's strategy changed to allow the team to finish the game stronger...this is key. 

very interesting...I had not thought of that

Buff

having the talent to win the SEC and actually winning the SEC are different things.  we have a shot if Hesth doesnt make many boneheaded coaching moves

hog caller

pluck you magic finger froggy. anything can happen when the lights come on.

GOOOOOO HOGGGGGS     WPS

mr4pt

Quote from: SAUhogfan on February 12, 2006, 04:33:50 pm

What?

Are they moving the tourny to Fayetteville? 

CiriusPorker

Ok..i just marked it down.  I got my tickets to the NCAA T booked.  Who's going with me?

SAUhogfan

Just for the record, I didn't offer any money-back guarantees.

CiriusPorker

Quote from: SAUhogfan on February 12, 2006, 08:37:35 pm
Just for the record, I didn't offer any money-back guarantees.

WTH?

you cant back out now... you're going w/ me

SAUhogfan

WWEEELLLLLL, I'm going to save for later on when we roll on to the Final Four.

Salty Hog

I think SAUhogfan has been talkin' to Miss Cleo
I just hope she didn't charge you $19.95 a minute for that gem of a prediction!   ;)
Fear The Hog!!!!

johnny cash

Quote from: Salty Hog on February 12, 2006, 09:02:50 pm
I just hope she didn't charge you $19.95 a minute for that gem of a prediction!   ;)
What did she have to say about the fate of Stan.

Salty Hog

Quote from: johnny cash on February 12, 2006, 09:09:30 pm
I just hope she didn't charge you $19.95 a minute for that gem of a prediction!   ;)
What did she have to say about the fate of Stan.

I dunno..I think Stans been callin her to get advice on who he should play and when...that would explain some things  ;)
Fear The Hog!!!!

Richard_white

And you woke up?

WPS

SAUhogfan

Talking to her?  Hell, I'm MR. CLEO.  We live just north of Eudora.

clemensrules01

Quote from: Tater Salad on February 12, 2006, 05:58:00 pm
Quote from: CiriusPorker on February 12, 2006, 05:56:01 pm
  The reason we started slow yesterday, I believe, was that Stan's strategy changed to allow the team to finish the game stronger...this is key. 

very interesting...I had not thought of that
i love your avator.

hogman64

Are you talking about baseball?

ENHOG

\\\"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do.\\\"

PHill94

lets not forget we won it with a lot less a few years ago

Reaganite

Tater Salad

Quote from: PHill94 on February 13, 2006, 02:16:42 am

Lets not forget we had a coach then

LA HAWG

Quote from: Tater Salad on February 13, 2006, 04:00:59 am
Quote from: PHill94 on February 13, 2006, 02:16:42 am

Lets not forget we had a coach then

And we had Joe Johnson and Brandon Dean was a maniac.  That team would beat this team 8 times out of 10.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: usarmyhogfan on February 12, 2006, 06:20:33 pm
It happened a few years back.We wasn't gonna be able to get into the NCAA and we went an won the SEC..think it was 2000 or 01..not sure of the year...dont count the boy's out...Yes I agree it is unlikely...but you never know.

Joe Johnson got to speed after coming in at midterm, and we had a different coach too.  Small differences.
[CENSORED]!

othermac

and i am guessing that will bring our win streak to 10?
"opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" Thomas Edison

hoggystyle78

I'll give it to you SAU, you're one optimistic dude, having said that, I hope you're right, but I must admit that I don't share in your optimism. Winning the SEC tournament will take a yeoman's effort, remember it's entirely possible that Kentucky may enter the tournament needing to win it in order to go dancing, wouldn't it be just like old times if the Hogs and Cats met up in the final?

mpeacock

Tater Salad,

you referring to the same coach that took our program from a national championship game in 1995 to the NIT by 1997? Oh, and the same one that benched Jannero Pargo after back to back 30-point performances out of an apparent check on Pargo's growing "ego?" Oh, and the same coach that recruited Blake Eddins, Josh Smith, Dionisio Gomez, Carl Baker, Michael Jones, Larry Satchell, Jason Jennings, Lee Wilson, and the worst group of McDonald's All-Americans any collegiate program has ever seen (Reid, Hood, Robinson)? Yeah, he had his moments but he did us in in less than 3 years.

mpeacock

Brandon Dean (who knew when Nolan would leave him in long enough to be effective) and Joe Johnson would have trouble beating this team we currently have unless one or both went ape-S*** like they did in the tournament. Remember, that was not necessarily a great overall season for us, either.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: hoggystyle78 on February 13, 2006, 07:55:05 am
I'll give it to you SAU, you're one optimistic dude, having said that, I hope you're right, but I must admit that I don't share in your optimism. Winning the SEC tournament will take a yeoman's effort, remember it's entirely possible that Kentucky may enter the tournament needing to win it in order to go dancing, wouldn't it be just like old times if the Hogs and Cats met up in the final?

It would be like old times.  Im not quite sure UKs gonna make it though.  We will but it will be against UF or UT. 
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.