Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why does Stan huddle the players on the court during TOs at home?

Started by Whataboar™, February 12, 2006, 03:22:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Whataboar™

Have been wondering about this for a while.
I understand doing this on the road, since it takes you away from the crowd seated immediately behind your bench.
But why do this at home? Is he just trying to remain consistent?
Please advise, folks.
"Daddy. When you and mommy first met, did you love yourself first or did mommy love you first?'' _ our then 7-year-old daughter.

CiriusPorker

maybe it's just a habit, ..a thing of consistency, i would guess. 
my gut tells me that it's a thing of rhythm, instead of pulling the team completely over to the sideline, they stay on the court, hence not losing their rhythm..i know it's thin, but it's a guess.

Razorback88

CiriusPorker

or it could be that coaches want to do the same things for home games and away games so as not to break any kind of consistency.  Thats why athletes don't usually get to go home for thanksgiving, or christmas (football mostly, depending on bowl).  Keeping the team together maintains consistency.  The same with meeting out on the court.  if they do it away, then they do it at home, if they do it at home, then they do it away.  small things make all the difference sometimes.

silvertip

I don't know. Maybe it's a matter of noise. Maybe Stan doesn't have boomer lungs like Nolan, so we have to worry about the players hearing him.

Or maybe Stan doesn't want his wife to hear some of the language tossed around in the huddle? WHO will ever know?

hogtheball

Maybe he doesn't want the guy sitting on the row behind the bench to put everything he hears on a message board.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

Smithian

hog, you're correct to a good point how they want some privacy in their game plans... And possible chemistry problems.

nobballconcept

prolly he does not want the fans to hear that he really does not know how to coach....."hey guys, what are we going to do next"

Macgyver Hawg

I hate it. 

I keep looking for a waiter and a wine list down there.

oneidahohog

Quote from: nobballconcept on February 12, 2006, 04:54:40 pm
prolly he does not want the fans to hear that he really does not know how to coach....."hey guys, what are we going to do next"

Yes that is correct, they do it because A) doesn't want the comman fans to hear what he has to say and how he says it and B)There could be a person associated with the opponent behind the bench and therefoe could relay any plans to the opponent.

silvertip

Quote from: nobballconcept on February 12, 2006, 04:54:40 pm

Congrats, no basketball concept. You win my "clueless poster of the day" award. Your "prize" is my $50 invoice that will be in the mail tomorrow. Cash or money order only, thanks.

Your "handle" is so remarkably appropriate. You have no concept of what basketball is about. And yet you continue to bring your lame & ignorant opinions. Shoot, I think I will raise your award to $100, just to honor your exceptional BB analysis. 2-30/net 60.

hog caller

when you muscels are hot and tired it only takes 30 seconds to tighten up and make you stiff in a sitting position standind isn't much better but it's better.

nobballconcept

silvertip must be an employee of razorback basketball program in some or fashion.   never seen anyone so supportive of such a disappointing team. 

caveman

I want to see those stools piled up and burned, sitting down when your huffing and puffing like a quarter horse is stupid. Let the players stand up and rock back and forth on their feet like about 90% of the other teams do???????