Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eddie Sutton accident

Started by jrw11475, February 12, 2006, 01:29:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jrw11475

Looks like ole Eddie Sutton's accident may have involved alcohol.  Who could have imagined that.  Quote from ESPN.

Witnesses told police that shortly before the accident, Sutton was unsteady on his feet and struck his head after falling in the parking lot of Gallagher-Iba Arena before entering his vehicle, according to a statement released Saturday by Stillwater police.

As a routine matter, a blood sample was taken from Sutton at the hospital because the accident resulted in an injury, the statement said. The results of the blood test will not be available for 6 to 8 weeks.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: jrw11475 on February 12, 2006, 01:29:51 pm
Looks like ole Eddie Sutton's accident may have involved alcohol.  Who could have imagined that.  Quote from ESPN.

Witnesses told police that shortly before the accident, Sutton was unsteady on his feet and struck his head after falling in the parking lot of Gallagher-Iba Arena before entering his vehicle, according to a statement released Saturday by Stillwater police.

As a routine matter, a blood sample was taken from Sutton at the hospital because the accident resulted in an injury, the statement said. The results of the blood test will not be available for 6 to 8 weeks.

That's an unfair way of stating it, IMO.  "Alcohol may have been involved"? Yes, and it may not have.  Read the article.  The blood tests are routine. He stumbled and fell going to his vehicle when heading to the airport.  Does that mean he was drinking?  Of course not.  Perhaps he has a medical problem.  Perhaps he stubbed his toe and lost his balance.  Whatever happened to folks being presumed innocent until proven guilty?

jkstock04

Or mabye he was s**t faced and fell flat on his head....these things happen....could've happened to anybody who had a few too many...whats the big deal..
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

An old hog fanatic

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 12, 2006, 02:39:35 pm
Or mabye he was s**t faced and fell flat on his head....these things happen....could've happened to anybody who had a few too many...whats the big deal..

I guess maybe it is because Eddie has a history of alcohol problems.  It is what caused the split-up between he and JFB, causing Sutton to seek employment elsewhere, i.e., Kentucky.  The infamous "would have crawled to Lexington.." quote was not about Arkansas.  It was about getting away from JFB.  Then his drinking (along with a recruiting violation by one of his assistants) caused him to lose his job at KY.  After becoming a non-practicing alcoholic, Sutton got the job at OSU and has been praised for overcoming the problem.  That is why it is potentially a big deal to people who still think a lot of Eddie and don't want to see him go back down that drinking path again.
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

South_Ark_Pig

AMEN ga_hog fan, i still think alot of Sutton and wish he was still our coach. if i had to endure what he did i would have crawled to ky also. hope hes doing ok and gets back to the sidelines soon

jrw11475

His background has to at least bring it up.

johnny cash

Maybe Eddie needs to join a white coaches association and raise Emus, goats, and chickens wear exotic shirts and boots, so people will like him more.