Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will somebody PLEASE

Started by southeasthog, February 12, 2006, 12:37:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

southeasthog

Will somebody PLEASE tell the BB players that just because the play calls for a certain pass, that does not mean you have to throw it when there is a defender between you and the other player!!

Hog_from_Tulsa

They must be afraid of Stan's retaliation......
"We can't get no reform when we're the incumbent" - Pappy O'Daniel

mountainhog

you shouldnt have to tell your seniors that!

NATEHOGG216

You do when they haven't improved very much in their four years at a school.  Great coaching
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

Nutts and Bolts

it is so obvious that our guard play is the weekness of our team. They simply make too many bone-head plays.
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

southeasthog

It's bad enough when you're trying to get the ball inside, but it is really bad that it happens at top of key about five or six times a game.

silvertip

While you're at it, tell them they don't have to shoot a 3 on their first touch of a possession, just because they're wide open. Sometimes the defense leaves a player wide open on purpose, saying in effect, "Go ahead & jack it up, sucker." We have a couple that take that bait too much.

silvertip

Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on February 12, 2006, 01:01:48 pm
You do when they haven't improved very much in their four years at a school.  Great coaching

Well, Nate, I'm about to start a series of posts on team improvement & each player's improvement. The first will be like "Team improvement, year by year." Then you'll see "Brewer's improvement...", "Modica's improvement..." etc. The FACTS will be simply transferred from season ending team stats which anyone can access at hogwired.com

You will see improvement. Whether or not you consider it "much improvement" is your personal call.

NATEHOGG216

I never said "NO" improvement

I said not very much
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

NATEHOGG216

Some improvement will happen without a coach at all.  Players get a little better with experience alone

HouTxRzbck

Yeah, it's always the coaches fault when a player makes a bad pass.
"Do you do drugs Danny...?"

"...Every Day"

"So what's the problem...?"

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: HouTxRzbck on February 12, 2006, 01:43:57 pm

Yeah, it's always the coaches fault when a player makes a bad pass.

When it happens time and time again, YOU DAMN RIGHT ITS THE COACHES FAULT

HouTxRzbck

It's called stupid players.

I really don't think coaches tell their players to throw bad passes.
"Do you do drugs Danny...?"

"...Every Day"

"So what's the problem...?"

CiriusPorker

Quote from: Hog_from_Tulsa on February 12, 2006, 12:39:32 pm
They must be afraid of Stan's retaliation......
I'm sure that's not the problem ;)

silvertip

Quote from: southeasthog on February 12, 2006, 01:04:53 pm
It's bad enough when you're trying to get the ball inside, but it is really bad that it happens at top of key about five or six times a game.

Yeah, I know it's frustrating. But I'm just resigned to expecting that from Pookie. Just something we have to live with.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: HouTxRzbck on February 12, 2006, 02:31:35 pm

are you serious, all this time.  Damn I feel stupid.  I thought that coaches always told the players to turn the ball over.  NO SHITE.  But it is the coaches job to TEACH them which passes, when, and where to make them.  Isn't that why them makes a pot ton of $$$$

CiriusPorker

Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on February 12, 2006, 02:35:00 pm

are you serious, all this time.  Damn I feel stupid.  I thought that coaches always told the players to turn the ball over.  NO SHITE.  But it is the coaches job to TEACH them which passes, when, and where to make them.  Isn't that why them makes a pot ton of $$$$

yeah, i think our players get into too big of a hurry to make something happen sometimes..we don't have players who are very patient while trying to make a run.

stronguard

I only wish that Stanley could teach the kind of quality defense that his supporters give to him.
He is a terrible coach.  Fire him now.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

CiriusPorker

Quote from: stronguard on February 12, 2006, 03:00:43 pm
I only wish that Stanley could teach the kind of quality defense that his supporters give to him.
He is a terrible coach.  Fire him now.

maybe Reggie Herring could come in..;)

stronguard

I GUARANTEE Charles Thomas would have gotten up off the floor when Herring came to him.  I also GUARANTEE that every ref in the SEC would think twice before making a ridiculous call, or not making one against the other teams.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

RAZORBART

Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on February 12, 2006, 01:30:08 pm
Some improvement will happen without a coach at all.  Players get a little better with experience alone

wanna bet ? How many football players have we seen go backwards after they arrived on campus ? More than the ones we have seen improve it seems.

RAZORBART

Quote from: CiriusPorker on February 12, 2006, 02:36:27 pm

yeah, i think our players get into too big of a hurry to make something happen sometimes..we don't have players who are very patient while trying to make a run.

Lack of team play as I see it .

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: RAZORBART on February 12, 2006, 03:11:53 pm
Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on February 12, 2006, 01:30:08 pm

wanna bet ? How many football players have we seen go backwards after they arrived on campus ? More than the ones we have seen improve it seems.

By no means am I trying to stick up for HDN.  Believe me, I want him gone and believe him to be incompetant.  That being said.  I think you are wrong about them degressing as players.  Any of the players you are thinking of could go back to their HS(that is where you must be saying they showed the talent) and do better after having played in the SEC.  Maybe they don't look better on the college field than they did on the HS field but the competition is much stiffer.  Therefore doesn't mean they got worse.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: RAZORBART on February 12, 2006, 03:13:40 pm
Quote from: CiriusPorker on February 12, 2006, 02:36:27 pm

Lack of team play as I see it .

I agree.  Play as individuals = lose as a team
            Play as a team = win as a team