Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interesting MJ thread on Jags site

Started by aristotle, February 12, 2006, 10:20:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

aristotle

This thead is a few days old so I apologize if it has been posted on here before. Some clown started a thread asking if MJ was a bust? Several pages of responses and opinions on MJ's rookie season. Good stuff for the most part.

http://www.jaguars.com/mb/default.aspx?f=6&m=746155

Congrats to Hogs last night...played unselfish and shrugged off the LSU disaster.

Buff

"William Perry probably has more touchdowns than RW........."

good stuff

tuskavarnna

Looks like they like Matt almost as much as we did(do).  :-\
what cannot be remedied must be endured

aristotle

Has there been MJ Rookie Year discussion thread on here? I'm sure most on here will agree he had a very good rookie year, afterall, this is a Razorback board. The postives will be well stated on here, I'm sure. I'm going to point out some needed improvements.

Don't shy away from contact. You're bigger and stronger than guys in secondary, and faster than LB's.

Much better on protecting ball when running, but don't be afraid to use the stiff arm to get some separation and YAC's.

Forget the one-handed catch stuff unless that is all you can do to make a play on it.

Work on getting in better shape, stamina wise. I think he was surprised by what it takes to be in shape for this position. Utilize the offseason well....don't play too much golf, or go fishing too much.

hogs24

The guys over there are starting to come around on MJ. The influx of "hogsters"  on that board when he was drafted made a lot of them really anti-MJ.  :puke:
Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

CiriusPorker

considering he wasn't played every play, i thought he did well...and considering some days, he didn't play very much at all..

Smithian

<-------Anti-MJ.

Quitter sat out the last drive of his CFB career verse LSU and left a very winnable game verse Georgia. People say he was hurt verse Georgia... RJ, Casey Dick, Ryan Sorahan... They would have braved it out.

Tater Salad

IMO, Leftwich is not a very good QB....and Garrard isnt much better...just more mobile.

I heard on PTI during the WildCard playoffs that several of the Jags recievers confronted Del Rio and asked him not to start Leftwich..they liked Garrard better

hogs24

Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

RAZ FAN

MJ did well I thought. Also as a reciever you are only as good as the play calling and QB. The Jags already have a go to reciever so Matt will only get the 2nd+ look on most plays. I feel he will only get better the more reps he gets as a reciever. People need to remember he was a QB all though college.

bradyv15

Quote from: Smithian on February 12, 2006, 04:48:02 pm
<-------Anti-MJ.

Quitter sat out the last drive of his CFB career verse LSU and left a very winnable game verse Georgia. People say he was hurt verse Georgia... RJ, Casey Dick, Ryan Sorahan... They would have braved it out.

sometimes when players get hurt, they stick it out, don't say nothing to the coaches or players about it...and really hurt their team....i have probably seen 100 pitchers try to stick it out and pitch the rest of the game when their arm is hurting, and cost their team a win....sometimes it's better just to come out and let the next man play if you are hurt....

EastexHawg

I thought Matt had a solid rookie season, especially for a guy playing a new position.

I agree with Conway on Leftwich.  I'm not impressed...at all. 

Foots

I'm not impressed with either QB in Jacksonville. The defense carried that team when Leftwich was out. With a better QB, MJ would have been the Rookie of the Year.

I like the post on the 2nd page where the dude talks about Reggie Williams not scoring as much as the Fridge. Funny.

TDHog

Add me to the Leftwich doubters, not mobile, slow release, throws every pass as hard as possible, wind up brings the ball down below his waiste, and oh yeah he is slow.  But back to the topic, I thought MJ played well considering.

jkelly107

Leftwich is the worst qb in the NFL .Will Matt ever have the chance to play QB I really think he could do better than anyone the jags have.