Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reynolds Razorback Stadium

Started by Brutalis, February 12, 2006, 05:40:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Brutalis

Do we still got the biggest jumbotron?

This will be a stupid question as I am new here and aren't aware but the stadium is complete of it's renovations correct? What all was done exactly?

And how come they don't close off the stadium? It would make it much louder for one, and for two I think it looks better. Plus they need to put the Hog back at the 50 and get rid of the little pigs on the 25YL. Or maybe a huge A at the 50 at least.
God, please let the my Hogs be just half as good as my Spurs. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh meeennnnnnnnnnn

taintlint

Quote from: Brutalis on February 12, 2006, 05:40:47 am
Do we still got the biggest jumbotron?

This will be a stupid question as I am new here and aren't aware but the stadium is complete of it's renovations correct? What all was done exactly?

And how come they don't close off the stadium? It would make it much louder for one, and for two I think it looks better. Plus they need to put the Hog back at the 50 and get rid of the little pigs on the 25YL. Or maybe a huge A at the 50 at least.

No. We no longer have the largest. Ted Turner threw up one that is larger than ours. There is one other venue that comes to mind right off the bat but I can not remember the name of it. Regardless, that claim to fame is a thing of the past.

I have no idea why we do not close the stadium off.

According to Mitch Mustain, Frank does not like the Hog in the middle of the field.

Brutalis

Sorry I don't really know who Ted Turner is.

Frank is so old fashioned. I'm suprised he even let Nutt put the metallic finish on our helmets. (Which btw on NCAA06 is not apparent.)

I've only been to the stadium once and was shocked at the location. I don't remember much parking and the stadium itself seems small. Or am I wrong?
God, please let the my Hogs be just half as good as my Spurs. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh meeennnnnnnnnnn

taintlint

Quote from: Brutalis on February 12, 2006, 07:33:41 am

Frank is so old fashioned. I'm suprised he even let Nutt put the metallic finish on our helmets. (Which btw on NCAA06 is not apparent.)

I've only been to the stadium once and was shocked at the location. I don't remember much parking and the stadium itself seems small. Or am I wrong?

Ted Turner owns Turner Broadcasting (CNN, TNT, TBS.....), the Atlanta Braves, a million other things, and he also owns more U.S. soil than any one individual in the world. Not many people know that last part.

taintlint

BRAVESVISION

Impress your clients by adding "extra hits" to your event that you can only get at Turner Field! Put you or your client's logo on BravesVision, our High Definition Video Board, and make it larger than life! The BravesVision is the world's largest high definition video board measuring 72ft. x 80ft. Also available is the Plaza Video Board that measures 28ft. x 16ft. Scrolling message boards are available as well.

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/atl/ballpark/facility.jsp

I still can't think of the other places that now have larger screens.

[attachment deleted by admin]

LA HAWG

Well it depends on when your trip to the stadium was.  The stadium renovation is complete and the stadium holds 72,000 which is not really small.   As far as parking goes, although it is not great, I have never had a problem parking and it compares well to other SEC venues.

hogfan98

Quote from: taintlint on February 12, 2006, 07:52:17 am

Ted Turner owns Turner Broadcasting (CNN, TNT, TBS.....), the Atlanta Braves, a million other things, and he also owns more U.S. soil than any one individual in the world. Not many people know that last part.

isn't there some urban legend that say he can go from mexico to canada without leaving his own property?

Brutalis

Quote from: taintlint on February 12, 2006, 08:09:11 am
BRAVESVISION

Impress your clients by adding "extra hits" to your event that you can only get at Turner Field! Put you or your client's logo on BravesVision, our High Definition Video Board, and make it larger than life! The BravesVision is the world's largest high definition video board measuring 72ft. x 80ft. Also available is the Plaza Video Board that measures 28ft. x 16ft. Scrolling message boards are available as well.

To edit. I meant largest jumbotron in college football.

Brutalis

Quote from: LA HAWG on February 12, 2006, 08:14:00 am

Well it depends on when your trip to the stadium was.  The stadium renovation is complete and the stadium holds 72,000 which is not really small.   As far as parking goes, although it is not great, I have never had a problem parking and it compares well to other SEC venues.
Summer of 03'

taintlint

Quote from: Brutalis on February 12, 2006, 09:17:46 am
Quote from: taintlint on February 12, 2006, 08:09:11 am
BRAVESVISION

To edit. I meant largest jumbotron in college football.

Probably college football but I do not know.

Smithian

Quote from: Brutalis on February 12, 2006, 05:40:47 amAnd how come they don't close off the stadium? It would make it much louder for one, and for two I think it looks better.
Even last year, the losses had the stadiium pretty empty at the corners.

I would rather have a 95% full 70,000 person stadium than like an 85% full 85-90,000 person stadium.

If we win, building in the endzone would be possible since people would fill it up.

I have been to lots of college and NFL stadiums... I love Donald W. Reynolds and wouldn't trade it for any of them.

jrw11475

We just need to make it a place nobody wants to come into.  Freaking Win!

razorbackfan4life

Yea, I have to admit, Reynolds Razorback Stadidum doesn't get loud enough.  I wish we could bring the mentality of the fans during the 94 basketball Championship year, and transfer that to the football stadium.  IT WOULD BE SO LOUD!!!!!

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: razorbackfan4life on February 12, 2006, 11:45:23 am
  Yea, I have to admit, Reynolds Razorback Stadidum doesn't get loud enough.  I wish we could bring the mentality of the fans during the 94 basketball Championship year, and transfer that to the football stadium.  IT WOULD BE SO LOUD!!!!!

It was pretty loud for the Texas game, was it not?  I bet it will be loud for the USC game.  It seems like the fans don't get up for our SEC opponents though, which is silly.  We need to make it loud and intimidating for every team that comes in.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

wildhogman

Quote from: gmb_79 on February 12, 2006, 11:50:55 am

It was pretty loud for the Texas game, was it not?  I bet it will be loud for the USC game.  It seems like the fans don't get up for our SEC opponents though, which is silly.  We need to make it loud and intimidating for every team that comes in.
I hate to say it like this, but when we start beating the other SEC teams regularly and playing for championships, then we will be louder. Plus, an exicting brand of football, perhpaps this wide open offense we keep hearing about will help.
But its hard for me to get loud after a turn over, or a big play to force a punt, when I know the first play will be off tackle for 3 yards. And thats not a slap at Nutt, just a fast of the past few years.

Nutts and Bolts

Do we still got the biggest jumbotron

Love that grammer.
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

ReverendRazorback

I have been going to Razorback football games for years and the Texas game by far was the loudest I had ever heard the stadium. Could have been the fact that it was a late night game - so we all had plenty of time to tailgate and it was against a ranked ex-rival team that we knew we could beat and it was a sold out crowd.

Since then I have not heard the stadium or the fans near that loud. It was a game I will never forget.

As for the stadium renovations - here is a link that shows what has taken place: http://football.ballparks.com/NCAA/SEC/Arkansas/

Take a look at the pictures link at that website - it kind of shows how the stadium looked before and what it is now, etc...

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Illinihog

FYI, Ted Turner doesn't own the Braves.  Hasn't owned them for close to 4 years now.  Time Warner owns them.  Also the Braves are for sale again.  Their Jumbotron is HD Quality also.

bigred7987

I wish we would replace all the seats in our place with the red seats that are in the endzone...Would look so much better

Smithian

Most of the "seats" are not chairbacks.

Cresthog

Quote from: Smithian on February 12, 2006, 04:40:31 pm
Most of the "seats" are not chairbacks.

I think we all pretty much know that

Im pretty sure bigred was saying that he wished all of the seats in the stadium were chairbacks like the endzone.

RebelHawg

They need to inclose the stadium around the jumbotron sorta like the Phili Eagles. Also the next thing they need to do to Bud Walton is put up the flashing little signs up around the bottom walls of the upper deck like NBA teams.

whatsshakinbacon

My guess is the jumbotron was placed with future expansion around it in mind.  Broyles may have many enemies, but as far as planning for facilities growth you must admit he's a mastermind.

Bacon out...

DukeOfPork

Well, let's think about this:  What did the 1994 basketball team bring to the table that our current FB teams have not provided?

Hmmmmm.......Could it be..........a winning team?!?!?!

DukeOfPork

Quote from: RebelHawg on February 12, 2006, 09:39:06 pm
They need to inclose the stadium around the jumbotron sorta like the Phili Eagles. Also the next thing they need to do to Bud Walton is put up the flashing little signs up around the bottom walls of the upper deck like NBA teams.

This is our biggest problem: we have some of the nicest facilities around, housing some of the worst basketball and football.

Yet Frank and many of our fans are still worried about the facilities.

Just put a damn winner on the field and the court!!!

YepItsMe

Well here is my 2 cents on the games.  When its a big team and something is on the line like reputation or ruin their undefeated season or keep our undefeated season going like in '03 the crowd is lowd but if it is someone that is like 1-5 the fans just sit there and watch the game.  Unless the game is big then the fans are like hey its another game.  As far as next year I bet the USC game will sell out and the fans will be standing the whole time.  Unless USC gets off to a 66-3 lead on us then people will probably just start leaving

Reaganite

I just want Witch Doctor Malzhan to get out there, shake some dust and remove the freakin' curse!

DukeOfPork

Quote from: YepItsMe on February 12, 2006, 11:34:48 pm
Well here is my 2 cents on the games.  When its a big team and something is on the line like reputation or ruin their undefeated season or keep our undefeated season going like in '03 the crowd is lowd but if it is someone that is like 1-5 the fans just sit there and watch the game.  Unless the game is big then the fans are like hey its another game.  As far as next year I bet the USC game will sell out and the fans will be standing the whole time.  Unless USC gets off to a 66-3 lead on us then people will probably just start leaving

Due to our futility, we haven't hosted a meaningful game at RRS since October of 2003.

Most of the fans realize that regardless of how much Frank glosses it over with "paid attendance" stats.

hogmary

DWRRS does not have a Jumbotron.  It has a Smartvision screen.

pseudorabies

Nebraska is planning on building one bigger than ours very soon.