Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congrats to Dontell

Started by Bogarto, February 12, 2006, 12:26:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogarto

Hit his first 3-pointer in SEC play this year.

bigred7987

lol..I heard that on the TV and said huh? dontell ?

hawgfan80

Yeah, gotta love that assist to turnover ratio.

mountainhog

hogman64

So DJ leads the conference in assists...I know that because i was thinking back on all those big assists he had in the big conference games we have won over teams ahead of us in the standings...........wellllllll he may not have any of those kind of assists , but they are overrated anyway.........

Beaverfever

Jefferson had another terrible game...I have no idea why he plays. 

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

mpeacock

Beaverfever,

I don't even know how to respond to your post. DJ makes some untimely turnovers, but to lead the SEC or at leasr be 2nd in assists per game and assist-to-turnover ratio tells me you must be a completely biased individual against him. Yeah, he is not the PG that is going to take us to the top, but his consistent defense (which I doubt you are sophisticated enough to even notice anything but the obvious turnover here and there) and at least attempted efforts to make post entry passes is what we are stuck with right now. Why even watch b-ball if you can't appreciate the good he more often than not brings to the game? I find you and all of the fans that sit on their asses while we are building a 20-point lead not worthy of holding tickets (if you even do and if you don't the it's as they say, opinions are like posters everyone has one and it stinks). What McCurdy did such a spectacular job that he should be the "man"? Fire the negative Hog fans not the coaches. We won an SEC game by 20 points! Enjoy it unless you are characterologically miserable and have to be negative. Why not criticize Brewer's 1st half non-performance?

silvertip

Quote from: hogman64 on February 12, 2006, 12:43:08 am
So DJ leads the conference in assists...I know that because i was thinking back on all those big assists he had in the big conference games we have won over teams ahead of us in the standings...........wellllllll he may not have any of those kind of assists , but they are overrated anyway.........

hogman64...I have a challenge for you. We have had a lot of games in this season & last year--that have come down to the last shot or last minute, etc.

I can't remember them all. Don't even remember each game. With considerable effort, I could find a bunch of facts.

I do know that we consistently failled in those close losses. I get tired of Ronnie, Pookie, Eric, Townes, Thomas, etc, etc, never in my memory making any clutch last second shots to win those games---as LSU's Mitchell did to us.

So, help me out. I can only remember 2 games the Hawgs won at the end. (1) VS Kansas this year, DJ hit the game winner & then DJ & Hill both blocked KS shot attempts
at the end, And (2) DJ knocked down FTs at the end last year vs who? Ole Miss or Miss St are in my mind.

So, as far as game-winners in the clutch/last second shot, I have DJ at 2-1. With the loss being his collapse in the Bama game.

Here's what my poor memory tells me about Hawg players coming through in the clutch last year & this:

DJ       2-1
Brewer 0-3 at least. While giving up the ball several times.
Ferggy  0-2 at least. Felt sorry for him on the 2nd last second shot last year when everyone else ran and hid.
McCurdy 0-1 vs LSU. I agree with Brewer that Brewer should not have given up the ball as he typically does at crunch time.

That's all my feeble memory can call up. I would appreciate anyone that can tell us about all the heartbreaking losses or great wins we have had in these close games last year & this. Tell me how Modica did on the last second shots.
Sincerely, I do not know.

Has ANYONE except Jefferson stepped up & won at crunch time the last 2 years? I would really like to know. And notice I didn't say 'no one has." So save your "you're full of shiite" BS if you can find a game or so that someone like Pookie or Eric might have won at the end. I can recall a bunch of losses. I can only recall 2 wins.

Bring it.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: silvertip on February 12, 2006, 01:41:30 am

hogman64...I have a challenge for you. We have had a lot of games in this season & last year--that have come down to the last shot or last minute, etc.

I can't remember them all. Don't even remember each game. With considerable effort, I could find a bunch of facts.

I do know that we consistently failled in those close losses. I get tired of Ronnie, Pookie, Eric, Townes, Thomas, etc, etc, never in my memory making any clutch last second shots to win those games---as LSU's Mitchell did to us.

So, help me out. I can only remember 2 games the Hawgs won at the end. (1) VS Kansas this year, DJ hit the game winner & then DJ & Hill both blocked KS shot attempts
at the end, And (2) DJ knocked down FTs at the end last year vs who? Ole Miss or Miss St are in my mind.

So, as far as game-winners in the clutch/last second shot, I have DJ at 2-1. With the loss being his collapse in the Bama game.

Here's what my poor memory tells me about Hawg players coming through in the clutch last year & this:

DJ       2-1
Ferggy  0-2 at least. Felt sorry for him on the 2nd last second shot last year when everyone else ran and hid.
McCurdy 0-1 vs LSU. I agree with Brewer that Brewer should not have given up the ball as he typically does at crunch time.

That's all my feeble memory can call up. I would appreciate anyone that can tell us about all the heartbreaking losses or great wins we have had in these close games last year & this. Tell me how Modica did on the last second shots.

Has ANYONE except Jefferson stepped up & won at crunch time the last 2 years? I would really like to know. And notice I didn't say 'no one has." So save your "you're full of shiite" BS if you can find a game or so that someone like Pookie or Eric might have won at the end. I can recall a bunch of losses. I can only recall 2 wins.

Bring it.

This actually brings up another point.  I've discovered that there is a wealth of historical data/statistics available for college football games, programs, etc., but there is not nearly the same amount for college basketball.  Has anyone else found this to be true?  Can anyone reccommend some quality sites for historical college basketball data?
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

Lando Calrissian

I predict that a decade from now Silvertip will still be bragging about that win against Kansas.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

tophawg19

silvertip it's stupid to blame mccurdy . brewer forced a shot at the end instead of passing out of a double team . he forced a shot when two players one of which was mccurdy was open . and jefferson had just thrown away a pass two series before that . mccurdy wasn't in the flow of the game . any good coach will tell you that isn't a good situation to put a player in .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

jkstock04

February 12, 2006, 09:13:12 am #13 Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 09:19:56 am by jkstock04

DJ       2-1

Bring it.
Silvertip...we don't have a leader when it comes down to the wire...the reason I feel so critical of Jefferson is cause he is supposed to be so awsome at defense...but, seems like when I watch NOBODY on our team plays good defense...other than Hill part of the time.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

mpeacock

Sorry to sound so harsh toward some of you in my last evening's post(s). It was not necessary to use the language I did in making my point, but I am fed up with the negativity and had a cathartic moment or two. I still think we are much more supportive of our Caucasian players than our African American players here at the UA (and I'm Caucasian, mind you). In fact, I'll point to an example from last night's game as evidence (and yes I know it's only one fan, but I've seen it happen a lot). When DJ was pulled very late in the game for McCurdy, an elderly gentleman who had not stood all evening to supprt a 20-point blow-out by our team, stood and applauded (sarcastically) that DJ was exiting the game. I'm sorry but DJ didn't play great but he didn't play that awful. And McCurdy certainly has yet to set the world on fire to deserve the unbridled 'fantasy' of being the answer that has been expressed by many. Maybe it's not racist, but ...

Nevertheless, my apologies on my earlier harshly critical post.

HouTxRzbck

Quote from: Bogarto on February 12, 2006, 12:26:23 am
Hit his first 3-pointer in SEC play this year.

WOW!! Didn't know that.
"Do you do drugs Danny...?"

"...Every Day"

"So what's the problem...?"

HouTxRzbck

Quote from: mpeacock on February 12, 2006, 01:30:25 pm
Sorry to sound so harsh toward some of you in my last evening's post(s). It was not necessary to use the language I did in making my point, but I am fed up with the negativity and had a cathartic moment or two. I still think we are much more supportive of our Caucasian players than our African American players here at the UA (and I'm Caucasian, mind you). In fact, I'll point to an example from last night's game as evidence (and yes I know it's only one fan, but I've seen it happen a lot). When DJ was pulled very late in the game for McCurdy, an elderly gentleman who had not stood all evening to supprt a 20-point blow-out by our team, stood and applauded (sarcastically) that DJ was exiting the game. I'm sorry but DJ didn't play great but he didn't play that awful. And McCurdy certainly has yet to set the world on fire to deserve the unbridled 'fantasy' of being the answer that has been expressed by many. Maybe it's not racist, but ...

Nevertheless, my apologies on my earlier harshly critical post.

I think the key word here is elderly!!  That means he is old and is still living in the past!!  Some people can't let it go to.
"Do you do drugs Danny...?"

"...Every Day"

"So what's the problem...?"

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: mountainhog on February 12, 2006, 12:40:43 am
Modica also had 5 TO!

#1 Modica isn't a point gaurd

#2 Modica had 17 points to go with the to's

Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

hogman64

DJ       2-1

Bring it.

Did my post say anything about DJ and last second shots?  i dont think so.. you want me to do some physics research for you also? that was kind of out of left field...our whole team sucks at the end of close games..... I think that is a given and no one has to do research to figure it out... my point was I really am tired of hearing about DJ's big assist total. most are meaningless and he is not a dependable SEC point guard that  you want running your team in a big game.....if you think otherwise you are way in the minority...............

silvertip

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 12, 2006, 08:34:14 am
silvertip it's stupid to blame mccurdy . brewer forced a shot at the end instead of passing out of a double team . he forced a shot when two players one of which was mccurdy was open . and jefferson had just thrown away a pass two series before that . mccurdy wasn't in the flow of the game . any good coach will tell you that isn't a good situation to put a player in .

I agree it's stupid to blame McCurdy for the loss. Just like it's stupid to blame DJ for the Bama loss, when it's easy to see what the real problem was---too much outside shooting, poor FG% by our guards, and not enough FT attempts.

The point is that practically nobody makes the last second shot. Call it "clutch shots made or missed" or whatever suits your sensitivity. You win or lose as a team. It's not about assigning "blame." It's simply about who did or did not make the clutch shot.

Do you have any data to add to that question? How about you tell us who else on this team has hit the game-winner, other than DJ? Anybody got the answer to that?

CiriusPorker

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on February 12, 2006, 12:57:50 am
Fire Houston Nutt.

one more thought..

STAN HEATH IS STILL THE HEAD COACH! 

THere's a memoriam for you, notshavin!

hoggystyle78

Dontell hands off better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Beaverfever

Wow I never said anything about mccurdy being a stud, just pointing out that jefferson is bad.  It's mind boggling that he made his first 3 in sec play yesterday.  What exactly does Jefferson do that is impressive...at all?  I don't think i've ever seen him penetrate and then kick it out for a wide open 3 pointer.  Come to think about it I don't know if I've ever seen him penetrate.  What a point guard!

carhog

In the game last year when Jefferson hit 1 fo 2 foul shots at ole miss to give us the win.  Pookie hit the jumper to tie the game with 10 seconds or so left.  That wasn't for the win but it was a huge shot imo.  Also, against Vandy his soph year against Vandy he hit a big 3 over Matt Fregie(sp) to stop a Vandy run with about 1 min left.  But no game winners he has only taken 2 and those were during his soph season.

mpeacock

Beaverfever,

Do you watch the same DJ that appears to be the only guy on the team that consistently attempts to involve the post players via a post entry pass. Yes, DJ makes some crucial TOs more than I would like, but how can you be so critical of a PG that leads the SEC in assists? Please explain your logic, if there is any because I imagine your opinion is based on pure emotional disdain for him. Nice way to evaluate a team you allegedly care about.

Beaverfever

evaluate the team????  Not evaluating the team, just jefferson.  Yeah he leads the sec in assists because he NEVER shoots.  He's a senior and he has probably made more bad decisions that any other player on the team.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

February 12, 2006, 08:12:34 pm #26 Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 09:04:20 pm by notshavintilnuttgo
Quote from: mpeacock on February 12, 2006, 07:33:15 pm
Beaverfever,

Do you watch the same DJ that appears to be the only guy on the team that consistently attempts to involve the post players via a post entry pass. Yes, DJ makes some crucial TOs more than I would like, but how can you be so critical of a PG that leads the SEC in assists? Please explain your logic, if there is any because I imagine your opinion is based on pure emotional disdain for him. Nice way to evaluate a team you allegedly care about.

He CONSTANTLY picks up his dribble with NOWHERE TO GO.  He STOPS down the offense.  Most of the time, he doesn't even seem to know what offensive play we are trying to run.  He is NOT a PG.  PERIOD.  It is time for McCurdy.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

johnny cash

The only thing I will give congrats to  Jefferson for is graduating.