Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The race for second place

Started by Razorod, February 11, 2006, 05:47:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorod

in the SEC west: Bama beat OM in Oxford to go to 7-3. If we win tonight, we'll be 5-5. Two games behind with six games left with one of those games between us in Fayetteville.

Does anybody know Bama's remaining schedule? If they have Auburn and MSU on it, they should get to 9-7 pretty easily.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Biggus Piggus

at South Carolina, Tennessee at home, at Arkansas, Florida at home, Auburn at home, at Mississippi State.  They have a good chance now to go 9-7, but I bet they lose the next four.
[CENSORED]!

dotnet

I looked at that earlier today.  I think Bama probably goes 9-7.  I think we'll beat Bama at home.  We always play well at home and we usually get up for big games.  The more I think about it, the Ole Miss game scares me.  I think it could be an easy trap game to lose on the road.  If we beat Ole Miss, I think it will be hard for us to at least not go 9-7.

hogfan98

Quote from: dotnet on February 11, 2006, 09:31:25 pm
If we beat Ole Miss, I think it will be hard for us to at least not go 9-7.

i hate to be pessimistic, but if anyone can find a way not to, it's us.

hogman64

Quote from: hogfan98 on February 11, 2006, 11:59:13 pm
If we beat Ole Miss, I think it will be hard for us to at least not go 9-7.

i hate to be pessimistic, but if anyone can find a way not to, it's us.

how can you be pessimistic when the hog football and basketball teams have won more conference  games than vanderbilt over the last 4 years........Oh wait
I know, it's  because the other 10 SEC schools have won more games than us.........

mountainhog

February 12, 2006, 12:05:20 am #5 Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 12:07:35 am by mountainhog
20-9 should get us in, especially if we can win at least 1 in the sec tourney. Also ,if we play up to our ability, we could win the sec tourney. of course thats if we can go 9-7 in conference.

Biggus Piggus

To win the SECT, we'll have to win four games in a row, which would be a first for a Heath team. We're all waiting for that big breakthrough.  Florida or bust.  IF we win at Oxford that is.
[CENSORED]!

wupigsuey

It seems to me that everyone is forgetting UT...As many times as UF has been beat lately at UT seems like the toughest game left
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

SpasticColon

I looked at that earlier today.  I think Bama probably goes 9-7.  I think we'll beat Bama at home.  We always play well at home and we usually get up for big games.  The more I think about it, the Ole Miss game scares me.  I think it could be an easy trap game to lose on the road.  If we beat Ole Miss, I think it will be hard for us to at least not go 9-7.
I think you Hawgs beat Ole MIss without any trouble, because they are in complete disarray.  The same with MSU. You will probably lose to Tennessee and Florida.  You can beat Alabama at your place and who knows about Ga on the road.
Alabama has a good chance to lose the next 4, however, we have been playing well lately.  I think, maybe I should say I hope, we can win one of the home games (Tenn or Fla), because I know beating Ark or USC on the road will be very difficult.  We should have no problem with the Barn or the Barn Jr (MSU).  Hopefully Bama can go 3-3 the rest of the way.

An old hog fanatic

Quote from: wupigsuey on February 12, 2006, 08:50:28 am
It seems to me that everyone is forgetting UT...As many times as UF has been beat lately at UT seems like the toughest game left

Don't mean to be negative, but at this point the Hogs would do well to consider just mailing in their contribution to the Tenn game.  Save a lot of wear and tear on the bodies plus the expense of going over there just to get our rear ends kicked.
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

Boarcephus

Quote from: mid-georgia-hogfan on February 12, 2006, 08:58:24 am
Don't mean to be negative, but at this point the Hogs would do well to consider just mailing in their contribution to the Tenn game.  Save a lot of wear and tear on the bodies plus the expense of going over there just to get our rear ends kicked.

Nobody has taken us to the woodshed all year and  I still believe that at some point this season we will cross that bridge that seperates us from being a decent team to a good one.   I would not be surprised in the least to see us go 5-1 these last 6 games.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Albert Einswine

Hey mid-Georgia,  I couldn't help but notice your signature line.

If you say a stupid thing a hundred times it is still a stupid thing.  For example:
"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure." 
--Bill Clinton,  President

Would that be anything like, " It depends on what your definition of is is."

Just curious. :D
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

An old hog fanatic

Quote from: alberteinswine on February 12, 2006, 09:17:51 am
Hey mid-Georgia,  I couldn't help but notice your signature line.

If you say a stupid thing a hundred times it is still a stupid thing.  For example:
"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure." 
--Bill Clinton,  President

Would that be anything like, " It depends on what your definition of is is."

Just curious. :D

That would seem to fit right in. 
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

Razorback88

Quote from: mid-georgia-hogfan on February 12, 2006, 08:58:24 am

Um, we haven't lost a conference game by more than 5.  What makes you think @ Tenn will be so bad?

bigred7987

Hog_from_Tulsa

I agree......UF is in over their heads.....and should continue to settle back as the season wears on.....in fact.....that's our best bet for a quality win......the only problem is......if Florida starts to really fall off (ala Jerry Green's last TENN team)....it wouldn't really be a quality win.

"We can't get no reform when we're the incumbent" - Pappy O'Daniel

bigred7987

We can run with Tennessee...if you don't turn it over we will win

HouTxRzbck

Quote from: Hog_from_Tulsa on February 12, 2006, 12:33:26 pm

I agree......UF is in over their heads.....and should continue to settle back as the season wears on.....in fact.....that's our best bet for a quality win......the only problem is......if Florida starts to really fall off (ala Jerry Green's last TENN team)....it wouldn't really be a quality win.

Florida has made its presence in the NCAA.  It will be a quality win no matter what!!
"Do you do drugs Danny...?"

"...Every Day"

"So what's the problem...?"