Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would we fire Stan if.....

Started by twistitup, February 11, 2006, 01:24:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

The nations top recruit was interested, but wanted a coach that fit his style of game more. We hired FB coaches to get Mustain, would we fire a coach to get the recruit??? ;D
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Sanctified Swine

would we fire Stan Heath if.....we had any common sense?  NO WAY

Hog_from_Tulsa

People stop going to games.......If you will recall.....Uncle Frank was always "supportive" of Danny Ford until Razorback Stadium only had 35,000 show up......

It's all about the money......if people don't go......basketball loses $$$ = time for a new coach.

"We can't get no reform when we're the incumbent" - Pappy O'Daniel

travelguy

In watching the close games, especially LSU, the Hogs are showing some heart.  They fought back wheras in the past they would have given up.  I would like to see Stan Heath stay one more year, with the players he has and the addition of Garry Ervin, I think we will have a great team.  Any thoughts? 

WilsonHog

The question of firing Stan Heath depends upon your level of satisfaction with the progress of the program.

Yes, the level of SEC and overall wins has risen in each of his seasons (yes, I know we won four SEC games in each of his first two years), and we would have gone to the NIT last year but for the implosion.

We should win more than six SEC games this year. We should be a little better than 18-12, our best record under Heath. We might win an SEC Tournament game, which we've yet to do under Heath.

If we go 8-8 in the SEC, win an SEC Tournament game, and make the NCAA Tournament, the rate of progress will be enough to keep me in Heath's corner for another year. Anything less and he needs to go. Would a 7-9 SEC record and a trip to the NIT be progress over last year? Yes, just not enough to satisfy me.

And I have as much right to have my expectations met as any other fan. 

whatsshakinbacon

Hiring assistant coaches to get recruits is different than making head coaching changes for recruits.

And let's face it, many would be happy with Malzahn at Arkansas whether we got Mustain or Williams or not...including me.

Bacon out...

hogfan98

twistitup

Head coaching changes are sometimes necessary to get key recruits, True?

casken

February 12, 2006, 04:51:03 pm #8 Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 04:57:48 pm by casken
Quote:The nations top recruit was interested, but wanted a coach that fit his style of game more. We hired FB coaches to get Mustain, would we fire a coach to get the recruit???

Not sure the hire to get Mitch is quite accurate.  It was certainly an added opportunity but the changes seemed necessitated by needed changes in the program rather than for a star recruit. 

I think Malzahn will prove to be the biggest aquisition of the recruiting season.

Giving that much authority -n- preference to a kid seems a bit backward.
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

twistitup

We did get a coach (or 2) that fit the style of Mitch's game- coincidence? -No

HDN could not let the best in state recruit/all everything quarterback get away, so he hired accordingly(basically gave up the reigns)...who's to say the same couldnt happen in basketball? Broyles sees talented recruits turn away from Arkansas because they are not impressed w/ stan or the program- what happens then?