Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fire Mike Anderson at end of season (got another year to wait)

Started by Mr. Porkleone, January 17, 2018, 08:03:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

3of5-2

I see where we are not even getting any votes in the polls anymore.

hogsanity

Quote from: Albert Einswine on January 22, 2018, 02:26:39 pm

A coach who hasn't earned leverage shouldn't have any.

I am not disagreeing, but that is not how it work in college coaching.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

AirWarren

clew

Quote from: hogsanity on January 22, 2018, 02:15:16 pm
But that is not how it works in college coaching, unfortunately. Every year a coach wants an extension, because it extends his buyout as well. If a coach goes to the end of his contract, he gets nothing extra if they just do not offer him a new deal, coach has no leverage at all during the last year of his contract. 

So now we're worried someone will take him off our hands if we don't offer an extension?  If he doesn't make the tourney, he should not get an extension.  If his feelers are hurt, he can look elsewhere.  If he takes all of the newcomers from a #27 recruiting class and turns it into a Sweet 16 berth next year, then Arkansas will give him a raise and an extension. NO ONE will pay him what we are paying him right now based on the current ROI.  If he wins, he gets paid.
Pure as the dawn

swineology

Quote from: clew on January 22, 2018, 03:48:38 pm
So now we're worried someone will take him off our hands if we don't offer an extension?  If he doesn't make the tourney, he should not get an extension.  If his feelers are hurt, he can look elsewhere.  If he takes all of the newcomers from a #27 recruiting class and turns it into a Sweet 16 berth next year, then Arkansas will give him a raise and an extension. NO ONE will pay him what we are paying him right now based on the current ROI.  If he wins, he gets paid.

If Mike does this he'll be COY and will deserve a raise, but I'd pump the brakes on a contract extension. It's not like he's a hot commodity.

Sivad

Quote from: clew on January 22, 2018, 03:48:38 pm
So now we're worried someone will take him off our hands if we don't offer an extension? 
Is Nolan the AD somewhere?

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: southeasthog on January 22, 2018, 05:56:25 am
The thread title clearly states "AT END OF SEASON". That's why no one takes your ramblings seriously.

Ramblings ? Whatever. I state facts. And there are people wanting him fired now. D bag. Mid season end of season. Who cares. Still the best coach we've had in 20 years. Idiot.

latrops

Quote from: raz1965 on January 22, 2018, 11:55:44 am
Mike has 2 years remaining on his contract , with the buyout burden in place with the former A.D and football coach , an the fact that the basketball team is not a failure.. I highly doubt Mike will be let go. This thread is just a place to blow off steam. Go hogs, get er done.

Anderson is all but guaranteed through the 18/19 season.  However, because we are not likely to be a tournament team next year after losing 6 seniors, including most of our offensive production, this may actually be the make or break season for Anderson.  Make the NCAAT this year and he can probably survive through next year's rebuild ... But fall short this year and he likely doesn't make it to 19/20.

latrops

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 22, 2018, 05:06:35 pm
Ramblings ? Whatever. I state facts. And there are people wanting him fired now. D bag. Mid season end of season. Who cares. Still the best coach we've had in 20 years. Idiot.

Is it really 20 years though?  I mean Heath and Pel were only here for 9 years. 

southeasthog

Quote from: latrops on January 22, 2018, 06:41:04 pm
Is it really 20 years though?  I mean Heath and Pel were only here for 9 years.

Has to be because he only states facts.  Surely he wouldn't embellish to be dramatic.

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: southeasthog on January 22, 2018, 07:00:36 pm
Has to be because he only states facts.  Surely he wouldn't embellish to be dramatic.

Its been longer than just Heath and Pel. Nolan's last few years were pretty bad as well. I'm not being dramatic I"m ESTIMATING for the sake of discussion. But you knew that. You just make a habit out of being a d bag.

20gauge

Technically what you are saying is we went 9 years without a good coach. To say it's been 20 is not correct because to say that is to say Nolan was a bad coach. It also says MA was a bad coach to start his tenure here. Your words.

Some of us believe MA hasn't improved much since the start of his tenure and that the past two years is the best we will ever get from him.

It's rebuild mode again next year

Dominicanhog

Quote from: swineology on January 22, 2018, 03:54:56 pm
If Mike does this he'll be COY and will deserve a raise, but I'd pump the brakes on a contract extension. It's not like he's a hot commodity.

Mike would have a job before he cleaned out his desk..

razorpimp

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 22, 2018, 07:17:03 pm
Its been longer than just Heath and Pel. Nolan's last few years were pretty bad as well. I'm not being dramatic I"m ESTIMATING for the sake of discussion. But you knew that. You just make a habit out of being a d bag.

Parker is right it has been 20 years....nolan's last teams resembled mike's teams....athletic players with limited skill sets

HawgsPolo

Won't happen even in the wildest of imaginations
Go Cubs Go!!!!!

bkjbearcat

Quote from: HawgsPolo on January 22, 2018, 09:33:43 pm
Won't happen even in the wildest of imaginations

With Mr. Integrity? Sure. With the new AD? Not so sure.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

LZH

WBOBO

What was the attendance at the Bud Saturday and when was the last it was
like that?  Jus sayin.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

Nickle-Pig

Quote from: WBOBO on January 22, 2018, 10:30:51 pm
like that?  Jus sayin.

Yes.... and those who say this is the way it works and that is the way it works have closed minds. They see the world the way they think it supposed to be. That isn't real. Life isn't predictable. If you look the signs are here we are on the move.
Social sites are where cowards go to get a cup of courage.

Pork Twain

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 21, 2018, 06:29:20 pm
Lets fire the best coach we've had in 20 years mid-season with a top 25 RPI and a tournament bid on the horizon. DUMB DUMB DUMB.

Cleary you did not bother reading the title.  Wow he is slightly better than Heath and Pel...I'm sold.  Not top 25 and will not be close to that by the end of the year.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

FineAsSwine

like that?  Jus sayin.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Atlhogfan1

like that?  Jus sayin.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/sport/m-baskbl/schedule/

Actual attendances in box scores.

18,030 for Ole Miss.  1,200 short of capacity although it was "sold out".  Good crowd for current college basketball. 

18,297 for Mizzou.

15,199 for LSU.  3,000 short of capacity.  But a weeknight so understandable.

18,696 for Tenn. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

FineAsSwine

Quote from: LZH on January 22, 2018, 10:19:34 pm
At UCA.

If you were in control of all of college basketball, this might be true. 7.6 billion people in the world and your opinion is just one of those.
Hogs up! Covid down!

hawgball40

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 23, 2018, 11:05:22 am
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/sport/m-baskbl/schedule/

Actual attendances in box scores.

18,030 for Ole Miss.  1,200 short of capacity although it was "sold out".  Good crowd for current college basketball. 

18,297 for Mizzou.

15,199 for LSU.  3,000 short of capacity.  But a weeknight so understandable.

18,696 for Tenn.
How much do you think these numbers could be considered a red herring? (on account of how ** our football team has been for so long, that so many hog fans would be showing up to basketball games despite the team sucking it up as of late). i bet alot of people started ordering tickets after we thumped OU in the PK80

AirWarren

pigture perfect

Mike doesn't need people to come and defend him. He was not neither will be fired in the near future. But he will have those that will always be tired of his style.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

HawgsPolo

Mike is 2nd to you know who in SEC wins over the last four seasons. What coach can Ark get to take down Calipari I wonder?
Go Cubs Go!!!!!