Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Archie Goodwin

Started by crabeyes, October 25, 2012, 01:02:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: Jonteviosk on October 24, 2016, 11:28:56 pm
I have said all along Goodwin is an overrated scrub who would never be more than a bench minion maybe not even that LMFAO.

I sure wish I were a bench minion who had accumulated 3+ Mil over 3 years. Must be nice.

Cinco de Hogo

Hog Fan from Camden

Way past time to let this go!!  SMH!

King Kong

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on October 24, 2016, 08:16:34 pm
Going to Kentucky gets you drafted higher.  Once a kid gets to the league he is on his own.

Going to Kentucky does not get you drafted higher.

Goodwins talent got him drafted

oldman1015

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on October 25, 2016, 08:42:02 am
He will be back in the NBA this season. Goodwin asked to be  traded because of the backcourt was full of other players from Kentucky. Ullis, Brandon Knight, Bledsoe and Devin Booker.
That has nothing to do with what I said.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

bkjbearcat

I may drink a PBR  tonight celebrating this news.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Boarcephus

I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Jonteviosk

I am going to laugh when this darn happens to Malik Monk...Before anyone gets ruffled their similar type players and Monk will not be an NBA superstar.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on October 25, 2016, 11:40:34 am
I sure wish I were a bench minion who had accumulated 3+ Mil over 3 years. Must be nice.

Accumulated is one thing................how much of it you spend is another. A LOT of pro athletes that have short careers and even sometimes long ones are bankrupt in a few years or close to it.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 27, 2016, 07:38:20 pm
Accumulated is one thing................how much of it you spend is another. A LOT of pro athletes that have short careers and even sometimes long ones are bankrupt in a few years or close to it.

Money management is a big problem with a lot of sports players. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: King Kong on October 25, 2016, 01:14:53 pm
Going to Kentucky does not get you drafted higher.

Goodwins talent got him drafted

Calipari brags about all his guys who get drafted, even to the point of saying that's his #1 priority (as opposed to, say, winning national championships).  But it's hard NOT to get all those guys drafted when they were all consensus top 10 guys coming out of high school.  If we didn't have the one-and-done rule, all of those guys would have been drafted anyway coming straight out of high school.  But the media slobbers over Calipari like he's some talent development savant or something.   
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

husker71

signs with New Orleans.   That team is not well put together  IMHO

King Kong

FineAsSwine

May be a better fit for him. Don't dislike the kid but once he took that blue pill and decided to go into the KY matrix, I lost that Arkansas connection and good feel somewhat, especially when he vocally (with his thumbs on Twitter) praised KeVaughn for going to Florida. That sounded like he was hating on the Hogs a little bit which seems odd because if KY was such a sweet sugar titty, why you even worried bout what we doing ova here?
Hogs up! Covid down!

mhuff

Archie Who!? Thought he played for Ole Missb

FineAsSwine

Quote from: mhuff on November 07, 2016, 02:33:25 pm
Archie Who!? Thought he played for Ole Missb

You must be thinking about Archie M. Must have your Archies mixed up. I like Archie M. The boys? Not so much.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 07, 2016, 02:36:09 pm
You must be thinking about Archie M. Must have your Archies mixed up. I like Archie M. The boys? Not so much.

You're both crazy.  Archie went to Riverdale High and dated Veronica.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on November 07, 2016, 02:57:02 pm

Boy, you went waaaay back with that one! Ha!
Hogs up! Covid down!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on November 07, 2016, 02:57:02 pm

Although it may not Trump dating Veronica, Archie Buckeye did win two Heismans.
Hogs up! Covid down!

FineAsSwine

and don't forget about the Archie who was married to the dingbat. (sorry OP I couldn't resist)
Hogs up! Covid down!

ADavisTheGOAT

Archie decided to sign with the worst team this year. Thats a great business decision isn't it?
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

MountieDawg

I thought Archie was the barber on Hee Haw!
SEC!

RME

Quote from: Hogfan991 on November 07, 2016, 03:19:33 pm
Archie decided to sign with the worst team this year. Thats a great business decision isn't it?

Aaaaaand he'll still be making more as a 22-year old than 99.9999999999999% of this board.

Hawg Red

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 07, 2016, 03:54:33 pm
Aaaaaand he'll still be making more as a 22-year old than 99.9999999999999% of this board.

What's your point?

The business decision comment was about why he chose to go to Kentucky. He could have gone to a lot of schools and ended up the way he has. So, it wasn't a business decision. It was a personal decision. That's the point. You're missing it.

rzrbkman

Are you all talking about Archie Campbell who was a member of the Hee Haw cast? He's too old to play NBA basketball.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 07, 2016, 04:04:18 pm
What's your point?

The business decision comment was about why he chose to go to Kentucky. He could have gone to a lot of schools and ended up the way he has. So, it wasn't a business decision. It was a personal decision. That's the point. You're missing it.

The best I have ever seen this put. What's his name did not earn even ONE more dollar than he would have otherwise by going to the Mildcats.

RME

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 07, 2016, 04:04:18 pm
What's your point?

The business decision comment about Kentucky stems from a grown man being upset that an 18-year old chose to go out of state, hence his sarcastic about the "business decision."

I knew what he meant. I didn't miss the point. One look at this board and "business decision" is probably the most used phrase here.

What's my point? My point, I thought, was pretty clear. By saying Goodwin will make more than 99.9999999999999% of this board, I thought my point was straightforward.

We didn't get Monk. Or Goodwin. Who cares?

Jackrabbit Hog

Didn't he used to coach UAPB's football team back in the day??

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on November 07, 2016, 04:47:59 pm
Didn't he used to coach UAPB's football team back in the day??

Yes, The Gunslinger as I recall.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Hawg Red

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 07, 2016, 04:26:37 pm
The business decision comment about Kentucky stems from a grown man being upset that an 18-year old chose to go out of state, hence his sarcastic about the "business decision."

I knew what he meant. I didn't miss the point. One look at this board and "business decision" is probably the most used phrase here.

What's my point? My point, I thought, was pretty clear. By saying Goodwin will make more than 99.9999999999999% of this board, I thought my point was straightforward.

We didn't get Monk. Or Goodwin. Who cares?

People don't like being BSed. That's what saying committing to Kentucky was a "business decision" related to making the NBA is. I'm sure it was very much an immediate business decision for his family, but nothing tied to making him a better basketball player. Whether he stayed home at Arkansas, went to Kentucky, went to Kansas, or went to Memphis.....he probably gets drafted in that same area off his potential. I mean, he couldn't have been drafted based on his freshman season. Hard to imagine him doing worse at Arkansas or anywhere else.

The reality is, this kid will make more than most of us ever will and could still be an NBA failure. And, yeah, a good number of Arkansas fans will take some level of satisfaction in that because of the way he went about it. Just part of the game. Being a big-time athlete means you take the hate with the praise. As long as no one is going psycho and threatening him or his family, bash away. He earned it. There's a reason people mostly just don't cheer for KeVaughn Allen and leave it at that. He just said "I'm playing for Florida, thank you to everyone who recruited me" and left it at that. He didn't dig his grave deeper by giving BS reasons and continualy being immature about it.

rude1

I wish him no success, hope he gets cut from there too.

HoopS

He's not a Hog. Boot this thread please.

TexArkHogFan

Wasn't he the one that Calipari was heard saying "I can't coach you".
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

TrueBlue

Archie is a racist. And that wife of his can't sing a lick.... Why would he go to New Orleans?

Little Lady Back

#NolanRichardsonCourt

root_hawg

Sorry i guess I'm different than most, I wish all Arkansas kids the best.  They are still Arkansans no matter where they play college ball.  Do I wish they would have come to Arkansas?  Sure   Do I root against them?  Sure when they play Arkansas.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net