Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Archie Goodwin

Started by crabeyes, October 25, 2012, 01:02:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

HawgTrough

Quote from: Rusty Shackleford on February 11, 2016, 11:55:25 am
And to think this guy won the Heisman Trophy twice.....just disgraceful!

L
M
A
O
!!!!!!!!!!!
WPS

Adam Stokes

The way Archie was picking a fight with someone that much larger than him would've made you think he had in fact attended the U of A. #ToddDay

yraciv

Markieff Morris is a headcase. Who pushes 60 year old legends around?  I always found Archie Griffin to be a pretty likable guy.

IronMountainHog

Lost 24 of their last 26? Bwa hah hah hah. Get rid of that loser.

yraciv

Quote from: IronMountainHog on February 11, 2016, 01:46:33 pm

They already did get rid of the coach.

Hawg Red

Quote from: IronMountainHog on February 11, 2016, 01:46:33 pm

Not denying that he may be a loser, but in the interest of fairness, how does a team losing 24/26 fall on the shoulders of a 3rd-year former #29 overall pick who had never averaged more than 13 minutes per game before this season? If anything, that would be more on Morris than Goodwin.

GS99

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 11, 2016, 01:50:28 pm
Not denying that he may be a loser, but in the interest of fairness, how does a team losing 24/26 fall on the shoulders of a 3rd-year former #29 overall pick who had never averaged more than 13 minutes per game before this season? If anything, that would be more on Morris than Goodwin.
I was actually watching that game.  If you read the followup, they say that Goodwin and Morris are actually very close and have a big brother / little brother thing going on.  Morris:

"That's nothing," Morris said. "That's part of being a leader, being a big brother. Sometimes, little brothers and big brothers get into it. That's what happened. Wrong place, wrong time.

"That's my little brother. I've been here with him for three years. I know him really well. I know his family. We're really close. It happens sometimes ... Big brothers shake little brothers up some times. It don't look good but nothing I do is going to look good."

The_Iceman

You mean Archie Goodwin? The 5-star McDonalds All-American from Little Rock that Mike Anderson could not land?

TrueBlue

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 11, 2016, 04:51:28 pm
You mean Archie Goodwin? The 5-star McDonalds All-American from Little Rock that Mike Anderson could not land?

No Archie Griffin. Dude is 61 and has NO hang time whatsoever. Glad we didn't get him.

intelligence

go to worldstar if you want to see a video of Markieff briefly choking Archie by the neck. In Archie's defense, Markieff is a bit mental, but as an Arkansas fan i couldn't help but laugh. specially the way goodwin hated on Arkansas

husker71

ever since they traded his twin brother he has been really off tilt according to many NBA sources.  He is demanding a trade and this might just be when someone caught him at a very bad time.  Most NBA insiders are putting the majority of blame on Morris and not Goodwin.

ThisTeetsTaken

I thought that was Malik Monk?????
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Inhogswetrust

Taking care of Business.....................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hognspace

We did not want that dude anywhere near the program. He is/was and will be a cancer everywhere he goes

nwahogfan1

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on February 11, 2016, 06:16:18 pm
I thought that was Malik Monk?????
No Monk is just another example of not locking down our state by our coach.

bkjbearcat

Back to the D League for Archie? That buisness decision he made to go to KY really paid off. He's almost a D League Hall of Famer.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Hawg Red

Quote from: bkjbearcat on February 12, 2016, 09:45:32 am
Back to the D League for Archie? That buisness decision he made to go to KY really paid off. He's almost a D League Hall of Famer.

Back to the D-League?

He's averaging 19 points and 6 assists in his last 5 games for the Suns. Get a clue.

bkjbearcat

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 12, 2016, 09:55:06 am
Back to the D-League?

He's averaging 19 points and 6 assists in his last 5 games for the Suns. Get a clue.

Wow, impressive very all star worthy there. What are his states for the rest of the games? That buisness decision he made to go to KY really paid off.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: bkjbearcat on February 12, 2016, 10:00:29 am
Wow, impressive very all star worthy there. What are his states for the rest of the games? That buisness decision he made to go to KY really paid off.

He's a 21 year old making million$, and proving he can play in the NBA when given an opportunity, thanks to injuries to Bledsoe & Knight. He's going to be in the NBA for years to come.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Hawg Red

He averaged 10 points per game for the month of January, and that's with 4 games of less than 10 minutes played. So he's producing now that they've given him playing time. I get that people don't care for the kid, but you can't really deny that he's playing well enough to be a rotation player in the NBA. He's producing more than Portis is.

I'd say his business decision did pay off. He got drafted in the first round and had his entire rookie contract picked up and now he's getting minutes in the second half of his 3rd season. He's showing he has value. There's no debate.

bkjbearcat

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on February 12, 2016, 10:04:22 am
He's a 21 year old making million$, and proving he can play in the NBA when given an opportunity, thanks to injuries to Bledsoe & Knight. He's going to be in the NBA for years to come.

Yep, and from statistics he's more then likely will loose all those millions with in years of leaving the NBA.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: bkjbearcat on February 12, 2016, 10:08:14 am
Yep, and from statistics he's more then likely will loose all those millions with in years of leaving the NBA.

Someone is bitter.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Hawg Red

Never heard of a 21 year old losing millions by averaging 19 points.

yraciv

February 12, 2016, 10:12:17 am #924 Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 11:41:27 am by yraciv

NBA players don't go broke at a lower rate than NFL players, likely because they are better payed.  I think it's around half of them that are financially responsible.  Who's to say Archie isn't one of those? And he'll make a nice penny for likely at least 10 years in the league.

bkjbearcat

Quote from: yraciv on February 12, 2016, 10:12:17 am
NBA players don't go broke at the same rate as NFL players, likely because they are better payed. I think it's around half of them that are financially responsible.   Who's to say Archie isn't one of those? And he'll make a nice penny for likely at least 10 years in the league.

So a coin flip that he goes broke after the NBA is done with him.

Hawg Red

Quote from: bkjbearcat on February 12, 2016, 10:14:26 am

I would say no because I'm sure the odds of going broke go down the longer you are in the league and the more money you make.

root_hawg

is it a coin flip that you will make as much as he does???

GS99

Quote from: bkjbearcat on February 12, 2016, 10:14:26 am
Ya. Getting paid millions to play basketball totally sucks. 

urkillnmesmalls

I think they've played a few in Texas, Oklahoma, California...not sure exactly. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Razorpigg

Good god almighty here you go again...And this post was about a guy who has nothing to do with Razorback Bball, but again you take every opportunity you get to slam CMA.  Every post in every thread there you are with the exact same ole drivel.  Rinse and repeat....Rinse and repeat.... blah blah blah

Captain Morgan

Quote from: Razorpigg on February 12, 2016, 03:51:56 pm
Good god almighty here you go again...And this post was about a guy who has nothing to do with Razorback Bball, but again you take every opportunity you get to slam CMA.  Every post in every thread there you are with the exact same ole drivel.  Rinse and repeat....Rinse and repeat.... blah blah blah
If you watched this season you know it's not been the best for Michael Anderson. Losses to Mercer, Miss State among others and sitting with a .500 record. I'm sure even Anderson would tell you he could do better. You get paid the type of money Anderson gets paid and don't fulfill expectations, then the HC is open to criticism.  ;)

jboler96

That was all markieff. The guy is a headcase. As a phoenix fan wish we would just get rid of him somehow

jboler96

Some people don't have a clue.  Archie has been good. 

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: DMACKNOWS on February 12, 2016, 07:32:42 pm
Over a five game period?

Actually, Archie has started the last 11 games for the Suns, ever since Brandon Knight got hurt. In that span he has averaged 17 points on 43% shooting, 83% from the stripe, & 5 assists per game.

Recruits don't make business decisions to go to Kentucky to play less than 10 minutes a game in the NBA.  They don't go to Kentucky to be a rotation player in the NBA. 

Yet another bitter someone. And once again, actually, Archie is still playing on his rookie contract. He'd be getting paid the same no matter if he was starting or not playing at all. The Suns exercised their team option on Archie before the season started, and by all reports they really like having him. He's showing now that, when given minutes (behind Bledsoe and Knight), he can perform. Soooo that 'business decision' hasn't hurt him whatsoever. He's still just 21 years young. When he's able to hit free agency, he'll almost certainly cash in accordingly.

Kids go to Kentucky to make 1st round money at an early age, so as to maximize their value. Once they sign their rookie contract, they are on their own when it comes to securing future 'busine$$.'

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on February 12, 2016, 08:10:24 pm
Actually, Archie has started the last 11 games for the Suns, ever since Brandon Knight got hurt. In that span he has averaged 17 points on 43% shooting, 83% from the stripe, & 5 assists per game.

Yet another bitter someone. And once again, actually, Archie is still playing on his rookie contract. He'd be getting paid the same no matter if he was starting or not playing at all. The Suns exercised their team option on Archie before the season started, and by all reports they really like having him. He's showing now that, when given minutes (behind Bledsoe and Knight), he can perform. Soooo that 'business decision' hasn't hurt him whatsoever. He's still just 21 years young. When he's able to hit free agency, he'll almost certainly cash in accordingly.

Kids go to Kentucky to make 1st round money at an early age, so as to maximize their value. Once they sign their rookie contract, they are on their own when it comes to securing future 'busine$$.'
He's still a classless bum.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

TrueBlue

LOL at all of the Goodwin apologists in this thread.

Pathetic.

Hawg Red

Recruits don't make business decisions to go to Kentucky to play less than 10 minutes a game in the NBA.  They don't go to Kentucky to be a rotation player in the NBA.  Portis is a rookie, playing(or was) behind much much much better players, but feel free to bash the in state kid that stayed home and got drafted higher for the sake of your absolutely ridiculous argument.  Archie Goodwin did nothing for himself by going to Kentucky.  He was apart of Calipari's worst team at Kentucky.  They lost to Robert Morris in the first round of the NIT.  He was a late round pick, and he has barely played.  He averaged 11.5 minutes a game going into this year.  It was a a prima donna decision, that will likely cost him in the future.  If the kid was going to be something particularly special in the NBA, you would have already started to see it.  He's playing on a 14-40 team, that has had injuries.  Of course, his numbers would increase some. Let's revisit Goodwin vs. Portis in five years.  I bet one of them isn't in the league anymore.

And don't be at all surprised if this same argument can't be made against Malik Monk in a few years.

At what point did I bash Bobby Portis? Merely pointing that most do not feel he made a bad decision going pro yet he's playing and producing less than Archie despite Joakim Noah being out. Archie and Bobby are also only 6 months apart in age. Portis will have a fine career, but it looks like Archie could as well. To deny that based on what is happening is what is truly "absolutely ridiculous."

And I'm not saying going to Kentucky is or is not a good business decision. Archie Goodwin did, though. So if he thinks it was a good business decision because he could be a first round pick after one year, I'd say it worked out. He good his entire rookie contract picked up and he's in great position for a second contract. Kid went to the same high school I did, so trust me when I say that I hate it more than anyone that he went to Kentucky, but I'm honest and realistic. He's doing okay for himself.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Hogfan991 on February 12, 2016, 08:31:37 pm
He's still a classless bum.

Probably so, but he's making it in the NBA right now.

choppedporkextrasauce

actually he was from Sylvan Hills, which is not in Little Rock.

If you can't get the little fact right....

On the other hand who gives a crap about him.

Bam, Alright Now

Wow, some of you take this stuff wayyyyyyy too seriously. Go kiss your wife, pat your dog on the head, and read your children a bedtime story and relax. It sucks that he didn't pick Arkansas, but it's his choice/life, and he is in the NBA making more money than all of us combined. To say it hasn't worked out for him is insane (not saying AR wouldn't have put him in the same spot as KY did mind you). Let it go guys. I love the hogs too but some of you are overly invested in these kids and it's creepy.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: DMACKNOWS on February 12, 2016, 10:19:25 pm
Lol. Yes but the comment that I responded to was 19 points, as if that was his average for his career.   That's why I quoted it.  As far as his business decision(to go to Kentucky) it did not help him at all.  On the contrary, it could hurt him going forward in his life after basketball. Ergo, his business decision failed.  He didn't go to Kentucky to be the 29th pick in the draft.  Bobby Portis went to Arkansas, and is from virtually the same city, and was drafted 7 spots ahead of him. 

What  exactly is he going to cash in on? 

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/2991281/archie-goodwin

Why is it that every moron on this board that talks out of their rear, and then gets made a fool of, thinks the other person is bitter over something?  I think it's funny the idiot cut ties to his state, and made it a business decision,  for absolutely no reason. I think it's funny he got choked out the other night, because he's a prima donna lil b**ch. Unfortunately, we just keep producing other idiots that make the same stupid mistakes.

What did they used to say about Pel? 'Big hat, no cattle?'

Yeah, it fits well here. Someone give this guy a hug, seriously.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: dk44 on February 12, 2016, 10:49:52 pm
Wow, some of you take this stuff wayyyyyyy too seriously. Go kiss your wife, pat your dog on the head, and read your children a bedtime story and relax. It sucks that he didn't pick Arkansas, but it's his choice/life, and he is in the NBA making more money than all of us combined. To say it hasn't worked out for him is insane (not saying AR wouldn't have put him in the same spot as KY did mind you). Let it go guys. I love the hogs too but some of you are overly invested in these kids and it's creepy.

If he is making more than all of us combined you evidently didn't better yourself by leaving the state!  LOL

SuperSid4Ever

There is asserting oneself as a leader, then there is what Morris did.

I know there are a lot of people on here who are sore at Archie, but he was not responsible for this.  Morris should be cut before he does something even more progressively stupid.  This could have easily gotten a whole lot uglier.

Hawg Red

Quote from: DMACKNOWS on February 12, 2016, 10:19:25 pm
Lol. Yes but the comment that I responded to was 19 points, as if that was his average for his career.   That's why I quoted it.  As far as his business decision(to go to Kentucky) it did not help him at all.  On the contrary, it could hurt him going forward in his life after basketball.  Ergo, his business decision failed.  He didn't go to Kentucky to be the 29th pick in the draft.  Bobby Portis went to Arkansas, and is from virtually the same city, and was drafted 7 spots ahead of him. 

What  exactly is he going to cash in on? 

Why is it that every moron on this board that talks out of their rear, and then gets made a fool of, thinks the other person is bitter over something?  I think it's funny the idiot cut ties to his state, and made it a business decision,  for absolutely no reason. I think it's funny he got choked out the other night, because he's a prima donna lil b**ch. Unfortunately, we just keep producing other idiots that make the same stupid mistakes.

You didn't hesitate to throw Portis under the bus by trying to compare Goodwin in his third year on the third worst team in the NBA to Portis in his rookie year on a playoff team.  It's funny you point out their ages as if we are talking about 5th graders, but skipped right over one playing his third year in the NBA, and the other in his rookie year.  You clearly don't recognize age is meaningless compared to NBA experience.  If age mattered LeBron and Kobe wouldn't have been NBA players at 18.  That's just a stupid point to try to make.
You also point out Noah being out, but don't recognize Bledsoe and Knight being out.  Noah hasn't been out all year, and it isn't like Portis hasn't produced.

I'll just leave this here and you explain to me how he's done well for himself, and what makes you so confident he's set himself up for a nice second contract.  Or how he's put himself in a better position by going to Kentucky, than someone like Portis that chose to stay home:

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3064482/bobby-portis

I already knew what I put in bold before I ever responded to you.  Every stupid argument is backed by an agenda.  Sylvan Hills Rulz!

We have a glaring problem in this state folks.  We've got kids getting sold a bill of goods to leave the state and better themselves, that aren't.  If we can't keep the Archie Goodwins, Kevaughn Allens, and Malik Monks it doesn't matter who our coach is.  It's ignorance like that of the two posters I've quoted that is breeding throughout AAU and high school basketball in this state.  This idea that kids have to leave the state to better themselves, or are bettering themselves by leaving the state.  They aren't.  Name one high school recruit in the last ten years in football or basketball, that has BETTERED himself by not going to Arkansas.  We need to clean the Marcus Monks and Stefan Welshs out of the AAU program, and some people with some education, and forethought need to be talking to these kids, or this problem is going to get worse, and you can kiss Arkansas basketball bye bye.  Sidney Moncrief, Corliss Williamson, Joe Johnson, Ronnie Brewer, and Bobby Portis, not coming to Arkansas would have significantly changed our program for the worse.  Not one of those guys has been a failure to this point in his life.  All have had as good or much better careers than Archie Goodwin has, and probably will have.  That is most likely the case for Kevaughn Allen as well, as he likely won't be a one and done, that has bettered himself. 

QUIT BREEDING IGNORANCE. Seriously for the love of the program.  Stop defending these kids dumb decisions.  It hurts the program, and future highly recruited high school players in the state.

Edit:  Let me just add that one of these fools said that most people don't consider Portis to have made a bad decision.  I am not most.  He made a bad decision as well, just not as costly as the others mentioned. The plus for Portis is he got drafted by a good franchise.

You need to know this:

I never said Archie better positioned himself by going to Kentucky than Portis did coming here. Ever. You made that up because you didn't like that I mentioned that Portis wasn't producing as much as Archie is right now. Which is true. Doesn't mean that I think Portis won't make it. In fact, it means the exact opposite. I think Portis is having a good rookie season, but at the same time, Archie is starting to have a good season. I get that he's in his 3rd season. The situations are different, but it makes sense that Portis is doing better as a rookie than Archie because Portis didn't jump to the NBA like Archie did after a year in college. That year better prepared him for the NBA. But the fact does remain that they're both the same age, practically. You're all but saying that Archie is playing his way out of the NBA, and I don't see how you think that. It looks to me like he's saving his NBA career. I don't see the harm in admitting that he's playing well right now. I don't cheer for the kid. I don't watch the Suns. Anything he's done up to this point starting with the second he committed to Kentucky, he's done without my support or cheering.

If you want to say he made a bad decision, you can say he made a bad decision by going pro after one year in college. But does that really have anything to do with going to Kentucky? Hard to say. Going to Kentucky has probably hurt some guys, but guys have also elevated their draft stock at Kentucky. Towns wasn't the #1 guy going into last season. Okafor was. All I'm saying is that the kid's goal was to get to the NBA after one year. I think we all understand he could have done that just about anywhere. But from his perspective, he probably doesn't think he made a bad decision. And unless one can definitively that he would have gone higher after one season at another school, I don't see how you can say his business decision was a poor one. The only poor decision was deciding, no matter what, that he was going pro after one year. He was going to do that at Arkansas or Kansas or wherever.

MountieDawg

February 13, 2016, 10:24:10 am #945 Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 10:52:56 am by MountieDawg
Archie is the only UK recruit under Calipari that played a whole season to not make it to an Elite... All but one class have made it to a Final Four.   That is why they choose Kentucky.
SEC!

Hawg Red

Quote from: MountieDawg on February 13, 2016, 10:24:10 am
Archie is the only UK recruit under Calipari that played a whole season to not make it to an Elite... All but one class have made it to a Final Four.   That is why they choose Kentucky.

Nerlens Noel?

MountieDawg

SEC!

yraciv

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 12, 2016, 10:16:12 am
I would say no because I'm sure the odds of going broke go down the longer you are in the league and the more money you make.

Yes the statistics are for all NBA players, including the guys like Courtney Fortson who got a couple 10 day contracts.