Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 in-state class

Started by jbcarol, April 11, 2017, 06:46:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

#1 STUNNA

Burks has 15 touchdowns through 4 playoff games with one left to play. On the season he has 39 total. Last year in 15 games he had 17 touchdowns.

311Hog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 07, 2017, 09:42:10 am
Burks has 15 touchdowns through 4 playoff games with one left to play. On the season he has 39 total. Last year in 15 games he had 17 touchdowns.

hopefully he won't score this weekend =)

jbcarol

Thinking ahead to '19

SEC Country Arkansas‏ @SECCountryHogs

Chad Morris proves he's making Arkansas' in-state recruits top priority after landing LaDarrius Bishop  #WPS http://sec.news/2ByBVLS
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

SEC Country Arkansas‏ @SECCountryHogs
2h2 hours ago

Chad Morris on recruiting: 'We need to make sure the University of Arkansas owns the state'  #WPS http://sec.news/2BKRvDO
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: redleg on July 05, 2017, 02:38:50 pm
I know Henry is, but who is the other 5-star recruit?
Best player in the state; best player in YEARS in state- Treylon Burks.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

jbcarol

Kevin Sinclair‏ @fightingirishk1

(FREE) #NotreDame offered the No. 1 TE in the 2019 class - Hudson Henry. He shared his thoughts with Irish Illustrated. https://247sports.com/college/notre-dame/Article/Nations-Top-2019-tight-end-talks-Notre-Dame-offer-112630964 ...

QuoteOn Thursday evening, Notre Dame offensive coordinator Chip Long extended an offer to the No. 1 tight end in the 2019 class, Hudson Henry.

The Irish are very familiar with Henry's program, Pulaski Academy. Not only have the Irish been recruiting 2018 offensive tackle Luke Jones from the Little Rock Prep program, Pulaski Academy recently wrapped up its fourth-straight state championship.

Although the offer from Notre Dame was a huge excitement for 247Sports' No. 26 overall prospect in the 2019 class, Henry was no stranger to the Irish and was well-aware he was on their radar.

Henry comes from a long line of Razorbacks, including his father who was an interior lineman at Arkansas between 1988 and 1991, and his two older brothers.

Older brother Hunter Henry was an All-American and John Mackey Award winner (college football's top tight end) before he was drafted with the 35th overall pick by the San Diego Chargers in the 2016 NFL Draft.

Still, Henry wants to make it clear that he is keeping his options wide open, including with the Irish.

"I haven't chosen Arkansas," Henry said. "I'm trying to see other schools and make a name for myself. There's all this talk about legacy overlooking me and I want to see a school for myself. I don't want to go to Arkansas just because everyone says I have to.

"I want to go visit a lot of the schools that have offered me. I want to go see those schools then sort of weigh my options, then narrow down and take my official visits. I definitely want to utilize the time that I have to go visit other schools."

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: jbcarol on December 24, 2017, 08:44:47 am
Kevin Sinclair‏ @fightingirishk1

(FREE) #NotreDame offered the No. 1 TE in the 2019 class - Hudson Henry. He shared his thoughts with Irish Illustrated. https://247sports.com/college/notre-dame/Article/Nations-Top-2019-tight-end-talks-Notre-Dame-offer-112630964 ...

how is this kid not a die hard fan with the family ties to the program?

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 24, 2017, 08:33:11 am
Best player in the state; best player in YEARS in state- Treylon Burks.
once in a generation player

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 24, 2017, 09:43:42 am
once in a generation player
agreed. And thank God because it looks like Notre Dame is going to steal Hudson Henry, which if we get Burks will be ok.
He is Basil Shabazz-Darren McFadden good.

RaisinHog

I wouldn't bet on notre damn stealing the kid

#1 STUNNA

I can't imagine Hudson ending anywhere other than Arkansas

RaisinHog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 24, 2017, 09:48:06 pm
I honestly believe alot of the I Wana make a name for self talk is " coach speak" I trust CCM to put the needed work in ..and you have too believe he is a razorback fan at heart ..

jbcarol

SEC Country Arkansas
‏ @SECCountryHogs
13h13 hours ago

Breaking down Arkansas' top 5 in-state recruits for 2019  #WPS http://sec.news/2Ch4N8W

Hugo Bezdek

December 29, 2017, 08:29:57 am #166 Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 09:13:31 am by Hugo Bezdek
Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 24, 2017, 09:48:06 pm

I think the key with Hudson is he wants to feel like he's making his own choice and that going to Arkansas is not a foregone conclusion. In the end if he comes to Arkansas it will be because he wanted to and not because that was predetermined for him. Surrounding him with guys like Gunnell and Burks I think would make that decision a lot easier. Plus Arkansas has produced two Mackey Award winners and Morris was the OC for another when he was at Clemson.

AirWarren

jbcarol

Richard Davenport
‏ @ArRecruitingGuy
15h15 hours ago

Arkansas has expressed interest in @Senator_Pride 2019 prospects DE-LB Zach Williams, RB-MLB Zaytron Waits and OL-DL Elliott Harris. The #Hogs will visit Robinson's campus next week.

jbcarol

#1 STUNNA

Hootens just released their top 50 for the 2019 class.... their are not 50 players better than Justice Hill or Mcknight from Warren.

draftkings33

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on February 08, 2018, 03:28:56 pm
Hootens just released their top 50 for the 2019 class.... their are not 50 players better than Justice Hill or Mcknight from Warren.
Surely they were in it?

#1 STUNNA

311Hog

2 badgers and 2 lumberjacks in the top 12 =)

#1 STUNNA

Its gonna be a sad sad day... if we dont land Burks and Henry.

311Hog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on February 09, 2018, 09:55:40 am

to me the whole thing hinges on it.

I hate to say that Coach Morris has to sign them, but he has to sign at least one of them really both.

These types of players do not come around often and he has to do it.  If he does we are staring a return to glory square in the face if he doesn't well i am much less optimistic.
I have to also say i loved his line about "if i have to beg you to come i will have to beg you to play". But for these two i don't think that would be true beg away coach =)

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: 311Hog on February 09, 2018, 09:59:48 am
to me the whole thing hinges on it.

I hate to say that Coach Morris has to sign them, but he has to sign at least one of them really both.

These types of players do not come around often and he has to do it.  If he does we are staring a return to glory square in the face if he doesn't well i am much less optimistic.
I have to also say i loved his line about "if i have to beg you to come i will have to beg you to play". But for these two i don't think that would be true beg away coach =)

100%... if hes a recruiter like everyone says... he shouldnt miss on these two. These are the home state guys that can turn this program around!!!

311Hog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on February 09, 2018, 10:37:02 am
100%... if hes a recruiter like everyone says... he shouldnt miss on these two. These are the home state guys that can turn this program around!!!

and they are PERFECT for what we all think his offense will do.  I mean not having seen it yet (though we all will soon) i would think these guys will thrive hard in his offense.

#1 STUNNA

his best recruiting tool needs to be Courtland Sutton!!! They are identical players as far are size and skillset.

NotSoFastMyFriend

The current staff is going to lose a lot of really good in-state recruits because TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS!TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS!

Supermark101

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on February 09, 2018, 11:14:52 am
The current staff is going to lose a lot of really good in-state recruits because TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS!TEXAS! TEXAS! TEXAS!

Which ia maddening. Our 2 best ahots at ELITE Texas players aren't coming here. I have hope it changes, but its frustrating.

LA Football fan

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on February 09, 2018, 09:55:40 am

It will be a sad day if we don't land Burks.  Burks is a game changer.  Henry would be icing on the cake and is a good player, but I believe PA's system is part of the reason he is highly ranked.  Burks would be highly ranked no matter what system he was in and what program he would play for.  If Burks was playing for PA he would obliterate the stats that Henry puts up.  All you have to do is go back and watch the state championship game.  Without Burks, Warren would have been beaten by 3-4 tds.  He was a game changer on offense and defense.  To me Burks is the key to the 2019 class.  He has to be the anchor piece and build everything else from there.   Henry will be a solid D1 player no doubt, but Burks has the  chance to be elite IMO.  Anything can happen but he has all the tools you look for to be a cornerstone player for a program.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: LA Football fan on February 09, 2018, 01:39:00 pm
It will be a sad day if we don't land Burks.  Burks is a game changer.  Henry would be icing on the cake and is a good player, but I believe PA's system is part of the reason he is highly ranked.  Burks would be highly ranked no matter what system he was in and what program he would play for.  If Burks was playing for PA he would obliterate the stats that Henry puts up.  All you have to do is go back and watch the state championship game.  Without Burks, Warren would have been beaten by 3-4 tds.  He was a game changer on offense and defense.  To me Burks is the key to the 2019 class.  He has to be the anchor piece and build everything else from there.   Henry will be a solid D1 player no doubt, but Burks has the  chance to be elite IMO.  Anything can happen but he has all the tools you look for to be a cornerstone player for a program.
agree

#1 STUNNA

Zach Williams from Robinson has been offered!

ballinhog

There's now 6 instate offeres by my count. Let's see if I get this right without looking it up

Zach Williams
Burks (biggest must get since McFadden)
Thomas
Henry
Jadon Jackson
Stacy Wilkins

That's 6 very good players right there. I'm glad the staff finally found a defender worth offering, I kept thinking surely there one defensive guy in this state worth a scholarship. This could possibly be an instate class where we sign 8-9. That's a very rare year for Arkansas. Wish we had this talent every year

orgkeith

Justice Hill and Drew Vest 6-6 295 OT from Searcy are up next though I could see them waiting till the summer LM camps before that happens.

#1 STUNNA

I think Marcus Miller ends up with an offer

blu

If we really offer and sign 9-10 in state players, that will be a huge bonus/benefit for the 2019 class overall. Looks like 3-4 of them should be legit consensus 4* athletes (maybe one a 5*). Big bump that will help with recruiting others from out of state.

This really could make 2019 the year we get that legit Top 15 class.

Hope CCM can make it happen - a lot will probably hinge on our performance next fall. Oughta be fun regardless.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Richard Davenport
‏ @ArRecruitingGuy
6h6 hours ago

Arkansas engaged in battle for Jonesboro 2019 OL Darius Thomas: Arkansas will be in a fierce battle to sign highly-recruited Jonesboro junior offensive lineman Darius Thomas (6-6, 310), one of six 2019 prospects that the Razorbacks have offered and one... http://dlvr.it/QG3x0G

fullfan

Quote from: ballinhog on February 11, 2018, 05:12:41 pm
There's now 6 instate offeres by my count. Let's see if I get this right without looking it up

Zach Williams
Burks (biggest must get since McFadden)
Thomas
Henry
Jadon Jackson
Stacy Wilkins

That's 6 very good players right there. I'm glad the staff finally found a defender worth offering, I kept thinking surely there one defensive guy in this state worth a scholarship. This could possibly be an instate class where we sign 8-9. That's a very rare year for Arkansas. Wish we had this talent every year

What are the odds of getting both Wilkins and Thomas to sign with the Hogs?

ballinhog

Wilkins pretty good, Thomas will be a battle imo

wildhogman

Quote from: ballinhog on February 12, 2018, 06:58:10 pm
Wilkins pretty good, Thomas will be a battle imo
That battle will be won or lost depending on how our new staff run the defense.  This year, all year we will be auditioning, showing kids there is a new sherriff in town. Don't be surprised if a kid like him commits early to the 'enemy' only to come back in December and commit and/or sign with us.  If the chief and CCM can show improvement on the D side and use the ends properly, I imagine an Arkansas kid will want to play at home so his parents and family see him play often

BirmingHam

Quote from: wildhogman on February 12, 2018, 09:41:07 pm
That battle will be won or lost depending on how our new staff run the defense.  This year, all year we will be auditioning, showing kids there is a new sherriff in town. Don't be surprised if a kid like him commits early to the 'enemy' only to come back in December and commit and/or sign with us.  If the chief and CCM can show improvement on the D side and use the ends properly, I imagine an Arkansas kid will want to play at home so his parents and family see him play often

you do know that Thomas is an OL.  Williams is the DE.  just saying....

SooieGeneris

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on February 09, 2018, 10:37:02 am

The turnaround needs to start this year! With good coaching, we were a couple of plays from winning 9 just over a year ago. We know how that turned out. The talent level has not gone down since then, it has gone up in some places, namely the secondary.

The schedule is slightly easier with Vandy taking USCE's place and CSU in place of TCU, although that one is on the road. With that said, it will still be tough to win 7 in 2018 'cause we were also just a couple of plays from being 5-7 in 2016 and 2-10 last year..

It will be critical to get the team in top condition, something lacking since Petrino. That and for the team to know they have a staff that can make in game adjustments, which the last staff couldn't do if their lives depended on it.

It will be important to get those players on board to form the core of the 2019 class. There might be a defector or two no matter who the coach is, the way so many schools are coming in trying to poach players.

The top kids will all be highly recruited and nobody is often able to bat 1.000 even in their home state anymore. OU is recruiting Wilkins very hard and he has a teammate who spouts anti-Razorback stuff in his ear. Getting ALL of the top 6-7 may not happen and would not be a sure thing with any staff. That said, this staff will do all they can to get them.
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

wildhogman

Quote from: BirmingHam on February 12, 2018, 10:07:19 pm
you do know that Thomas is an OL.  Williams is the DE.  just saying....
what I said still stands. the staff will be auditioning all year, from now till the end of November. If kids see promise, strides being taken to correct deficient areas, a sound offensive and defensive scheme that we stick to and teach week in and week out. They do not witness turmoil, players changing postion mid stream, all the chaos of the past 5 years, they will come. They will want to be part of a class that turns it around.

Hawghiggs

The staff really needs to recruit Missouri hard also. They have a really big class next year also.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: SooieGeneris on February 12, 2018, 11:10:10 pm
The turnaround needs to start this year! With good coaching, we were a couple of plays from winning 9 just over a year ago. We know how that turned out. The talent level has not gone down since then, it has gone up in some places, namely the secondary.

The schedule is slightly easier with Vandy taking USCE's place and CSU in place of TCU, although that one is on the road. With that said, it will still be tough to win 7 in 2018 'cause we were also just a couple of plays from being 5-7 in 2016 and 2-10 last year..

It will be critical to get the team in top condition, something lacking since Petrino. That and for the team to know they have a staff that can make in game adjustments, which the last staff couldn't do if their lives depended on it.

It will be important to get those players on board to form the core of the 2019 class. There might be a defector or two no matter who the coach is, the way so many schools are coming in trying to poach players.

The top kids will all be highly recruited and nobody is often able to bat 1.000 even in their home state anymore. OU is recruiting Wilkins very hard and he has a teammate who spouts anti-Razorback stuff in his ear. Getting ALL of the top 6-7 may not happen and would not be a sure thing with any staff. That said, this staff will do all they can to get them.
We dont need everyone of them but we absoluty need the top 2..