Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Basketball Player ever in Arkansas High School?

Started by BumpieJohnson, January 09, 2007, 04:29:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Panthog on March 29, 2016, 11:56:46 am
I remember as a kid looking up to Lawson Pilgrim. I think he was highly recruited.  It seems I remember some people thought that Chris Bennett was a better player coming out of high school than Moncrief when they both signed with the Razorbacks.

Bennett had knee problems coming out of high school that probably prevented him from really living up to his potential as a Hog.  Pilgrim just never developed on the Hill, but he did end up having a very nice career at Hendrix. 

Those Conway teams of the late '70s were very talent-laden.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

gmarv

I have not hear any one mention bennie fuller. he played at the deaf school in the 70s averaged over 50 points a game scored 102 points I think in one game.

songofthesword

It wasn't joe. he didn't apply himself enough to be the best player on his team let alone the best ever. Jarad Hart lead his team in scoring that year

probably corliss or keith lee.  it's one of the two. l

root_hawg

Couldn't find the link to the poll, who ended up winning it?

RedBird5

Quote from: root_hawg on March 22, 2016, 07:09:01 pm
Yeah but Corliss came to Arkansas and Monk spurned them so there is that bias as well.

Corliss was the number one player in the nation. Has nothing to do with bias. It's quite honestly not close.  Agree with earlier post that said anyone who says Monk didn't see them both play.  Corliss was a grown ass man by 9th grade and couldn't be touched.  Monk was fantastic but again, not close as a high schooler.  Same for Joe.  Talent was second to none but didn't dominate like Nasty did.  Great guy though. Hung out with him a bit while he was on hill. But Have I mentioned it's still not close? Corliss!

root_hawg

Corliss used to come over to ATU his senior year and play some pick up ball so yes seen him play many times.  I was just curious what was the results of the NWA poll.